May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Jimmy W, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 696 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,609
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Cash
30 hours sooner here on the left coast Stan!

You just love to rub it in, don'tcha Bob? frown

Just kidding ......... I'm happy for ya'. grin

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Goillini
I bought a Beretta Silver Pigeon 28/.410 two barrel set on close out from Gander Mtn so I think I'm set.

That should be a wonderful dove gun for you. I have been shooting a Silver Pigeon II Sporting 20 on doves for 14 years. It's been South of the equator chasing them twice, , put tens of K shells through it, and I cannot think of a way to improve upon it ................. except if it were a three gauge set. I hope it is as great a gun for you as mine has been for me.

I do have a Verona (F.A.I.R.) 28/.410 LX692 with 30" barrels that fills in when I want to shoot the really small gauge stuff. I will open the season this year with it, and the .410 set in place. I finally got it shooting flat enough for me, by adding a 1/4" rib to the top of the vent rib . I did this on both sets of barrels in lieu of having the stock bent. Many of the Italian O/Us, with the exception of Beretta, shoot way too high for me ............. they're just stocked too high. When I order my new Fabbri that won't be an issue. wink whistle

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 07/23/17 06:31 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: skeettx
Getting ready
410s on opening day, different shotgun every day after that
What fun, what fun
Mike

He ain't kidding. He posted last year's season tally on another site (don't think it was here, but it could have been) and listed the guns and bag number of birds taken. Gil

Last edited by GLS; 07/23/17 07:30 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Originally Posted By: skeettx
Getting ready
410s on opening day, different shotgun every day after that
What fun, what fun
Mike

He ain't kidding. He posted last year's season tally on another site (don't think it was here, but it could have been) and listed the guns and bag number of birds taken. Gil

You won't catch me doing that; just not fond of being laughed at by the better shots around here!...Geo

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Years ago we took a photo of a fellow who had three doves in his bag. Around him were hundreds of empties. It seems every friend of his would drop off their empties on their way out of the field. So it looked like he had shot hundreds of shells for those three birds. Framed it and gave him a copy for Christmas. It was a funny photo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Stan. I took it to my club and shot a couple rounds of 5 stand and a couple rounds of wobble trap and I think it's going to work just fine. Only has 28" barrels and I'd much rather have 30 but this is what they had.

I've only been to Argentina once and didn't take my own guns. I'm going back in 2018 and may take my own guns this time since I know a little bit more what I'm doing.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.