April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (bbman3, Jtplumb, Karl Graebner, MattH), 972 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,483
Posts545,256
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hum, wonder if it was gifted later after production or was just on the store shelves?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now, if we only had an example of the engraving that SD&G used on the escutcheons when they were bought new, to compare the styles.

What is your opinion on 275's metal? Plated, or not?

I'm betting the gun was not new when gifted, possibly after having been "Spruced Up".

Regards
Ken

Last edited by Ken61; 06/30/17 09:36 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

To me, it looks like a Belgian Gesteck that was finished in Suhl to complete an order? But the frame does have all the hallmarks of being forged in Suhl.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

The aspect that really interests me is on the pic of the bottom short rib, with the number 635 right on it. It's a coloring line, with the inside near the rib and short rib itself appearing blacker, yet the balance of the tubes appearing brown. This shouts to me a touch-up job, in an attempt to improve the tube set's appearance. I think it was done quite a while ago, possibly before it was sold to be gifted.

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken/Raimey

First, as far as I can tell, my pics, hosted by Photobucket, are still showing up. It was just this week I upgraded to the cheapest "pay" account, the no-ad version. $2.49 a month.

On my gun forum up here in Canada, its a big topic of conversation with most being completely unwilling to upgrade to any level beyond the no ad version. A lot of good photos will be lost.

Raimey, I can see the pics you just posted that I orginally posted. But all other phhotos from you seem to be gone. And to be clear, that hammer Daly is not the Daly I bought last year. I was posting the hammer gun on behalf of someone else.

Ken, CJO has possession of the Diamond Grade Lindner I acquired last fall. It had a few problems (barrel dent, broken ejector rod) that needed fixing and Claudio will be doing a little restorative work as well. When it comes back, I'll post some photos.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/30/17 02:13 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ellenbr
Indeed from Westley Richards thru Francotte. If we could find info on the APUN payments we'd have it(follow the money). I don't recall the A&D Body Action patent being filed in Suhl but the mechanics rode several different platforms in an attempt to settle on one while the A&D Body Action protection period played out.

I've been pondering this paragraph. Would it be possible that Westly Richards still has the APUN records? Could it be possible to trace from W.R. through Francotte to Lindner? (or to SD&G). Why hasn't this been done already?

There ya'go Raimey, what great info for the definitive Lindner-Daly book!

Regards
Ken

Last edited by Ken61; 06/30/17 06:41 PM.

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mr. Hallquist has or had some of the A & D Body Action APUNs.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I wonder if Dig stumbled across said Richards A&D Body Action Apuns when he was researching his boxlock text?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61

What is your opinion on 275's metal? Plated, or not?

I'm betting the gun was not new when gifted, possibly after having been "Spruced Up".

Yeah, I guess it is the plating that makes it appear price-point. I'm curious if that was performed early on or much later in its life?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like the plating is flaking off in some spots, I'm betting it was applied quite some time ago. That, and the application of solution over original tube coating makes me think it was possibly done before gifting. Too bad they didn't properly recolor the action. It kind'a makes it a turn of the century equivalent of a "Pimp Gun"...fitting the description of "Tarted Up"...

If our dating is right, it had around a decade of use before it was altered.

Regards
Ken

Last edited by Ken61; 07/01/17 08:08 AM.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.