April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wild Skies, R. Glenz, KY Jon, 1 invisible), 461 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,093
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree there and guilty as charged. The last shotgun I patterned I only shot the left barrel to see how much range I had. Not a good idea.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
That's actually something I do each time I aquire a new gun. I pattern it for POA and pattern performance. You are absolutly correct about results, as I've be unpleasantly surprised more than once!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow ! Interesting can of worms opened by Mr. H. in his post.... and equally a large number of varied opinions from knowledgeable and experienced gun owners and shooters.... ( I am forced to try real Hard to see ANY substance in the drivel contributed by the prolific poster in Alaska , Mr. Jager........)
I am reading it from front to back because I find this site more interesting than TV news , regardless of the network...Rather housebound today due to a storm system across the South Plains....
Lots of interesting thoughts traded back and forth, mostly opinions, but a number backed by facts and experience .....
Since I'm mentioned in a veiled manner in one of Stan's responses I think I will venture an opinion myself. I believe it boils down to Personal Preference......I have shot them all, and find myself choosing the "tool" that best suits my goals for the outing at hand.....i.e. one choice for the dove field today,or the Quail pastures , where personal enjoyment is paramount.
An all together different set of choices for serious ventures in the Box bird ring or over the best Columbaires, or even for Helice. There I think posting a good score takes precedent over any other factor, so I choose accordingly......

Oh, yeah, I agree that the Italians are the cutting edge of shotgun design and development today, and going back 40+ years or so.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.