April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (RWG, Jtplumb, susjwp), 453 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,233
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would say the best thing to do is to sell the guns one doesn't need and spend the money on themselves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a bit of an idea to reward our friends and protect our spouses from being cheated out of the true value of our guns and paraphernalia. Build a computer file or a card file of individual items you wish to dispose of after your death. Pair up each item with a friend who would be interested in that item. Price each item at about 60% of its true value and don't include any tire kickers on your list. Don't overestimate the value of any of your stuff on the list. Have your wife invite all of the people on your list to your house on a nice spring day. Serve food and drink. Your friends should step up to the plate, and your wife will probably get more than she would if she consigned them to a dealer or an auction. If some idiot chooses to refuse the offer, the other guys are there to take up the slack. Your widow may even score a new husband. I would be very happy to sell my stuff at 60% if I could do it in one day. Your thoughts??

Sidelock
Sidelock

you'd need younger friends

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I would say the best thing to do is to sell the guns one doesn't need and spend the money on themselves.

This statement is pretty dumb. I buy guns because I enjoy them, and when I do it, I am spending money on myself. Ta-da!

It's not our fault that "Hope and Change" left you stretched so thin that you are constantly reduced to drooling on the counters of gun shops and endlessly tire-kicking.

Jagermeister's Gun Buying Fantasy

Even more pathetic is being reduced to putting relatively inexpensive guns on Layaway, coming here to brag about your latest acquisition, and then reneging on the deal because you can't afford it.

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
At one time or another but not at same time I had several guns on layaway. A 20ga Ithaca NID, Ithaca Deluxe Solid Rib ca.1955, 16ga Browning Citori, Remington 870 Police Magnum. I have chosen not to complete sale on any of those. My last gun I bought was 16ga Remington 1100 with 26" barrel. I would show you pics, but I would not want to put you into unfair situation.

I'll bet you're the only guy who posts here that doesn't own even one double barreled gun. Do they have a forum for guys who put guns on Layaway and rent cheap Chinese .22 rimfire rifles? I'd suggest we take up a collection for you, but you'd probably give the money to one of your favored anti-gun Liberal left Democrats.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will be your friend.
O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

Osthaus, I not only would need younger friends, I would need more friends. I plan to get them here and on other friendly chat rooms. Geography is a bit of a problem, but it would be addressed when making the "list'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I have a bit of an idea to reward our friends and protect our spouses from being cheated out of the true value of our guns and paraphernalia. Build a computer file or a card file of individual items you wish to dispose of after your death. Pair up each item with a friend who would be interested in that item. Price each item at about 60% of its true value and don't include any tire kickers on your list. Serve food and drink. Your friends should step up to the plate, and your wife will probably get more than she would if she consigned them to a dealer or an auction. If some idiot chooses to refuse the offer, the other guys are there to take up the slack. Your widow may even score a new husband. Your thoughts??
[b][/b]

And then she gets to do this garden party all over again someday.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore, while I might be in for the guns I have found wives to be a far more expensive collection to acquire. wink Worse no amount of refinishing will put them into high condition shape past a certain vintage.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill,

Are you going to make it to the Southern? I have "something else" I need to dispose of. wink

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Vintage wives doesn't sound too good. How about a bespoke wife? Made exactly to order. Wouldn't that be nice?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.