May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (R Reynolds, Jimmy W, Bret Adams, dogon, Drew Hause, Chantry), 260 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,415
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The new Brownings operating system is a knock-off of the Benelli design. Benelli calls its system Inertia Driven which utilizes recoil of the shotgun and the inertia of a floating bolt to compress the bolt head spring. The patent expired on the system, but not the trademark, so Brownings term of art for its system is Kinematic Drive which is a registered trademark and also refers to it being a short recoil system. The below article linked below describes the Benelli concept in detail. Paolo Benelli invented the Inertia system in the 80s and was granted a patent for it in 1986 (Patent #4604942), thus preventing any competitors from incorporating it into their designs. I believe Browning is the second company outside the Benelli/Beretta family of companies to produce a shotgun using the Inertia system since the patent expired in 2006. Quoted material from the Thefirearmblog.com
Still available for trademark is the Doofus Drive in honor of the man who interjected the A-5 into this thread.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/benelli_inertia_action.htm

Sidelock
Sidelock

Benelli didn't invent it.

They simply adapted the Sjogren system for practical modern manufacture.

Sjogren and JM Browning were contemporaries.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Jagermeister, I'll bet you were hoping that your lies and bullshit from yesterday would just fade away. But I'm really interested in your lame explanation about your use of Grex as a buffer for factory loaded shells which you claim to repackage.

Most people who use Grex, at least those who tell the truth, use the Grex inside their shells as a buffer for the shot.

I'd also like to discuss why we should believe anything you say when there have been so many inconsistencies in your claims. You have lied to us about the guns you claimed to purchase. You have lied to us about the number of guns you own. And you have lied to us about your reloading activities. Then yesterday, when you got busted in lies about your reloading activities, you compounded that lie with another lie as a lame and unbelievable excuse:

Post # 472881 on 2/22/17- Thread :" 16 ga loads not filling the hull?"--
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I use plastic particles they use in buffered shot. Not sure where I got it from, but it works pretty well. Depending on manufacturer I think it's called Grex or something similar. It fills up the cup a little and provides wonderful cushioning for the shot above it. Very professional.

Post #475337 on 3/17/17- Thread: "Reloading Herter's 16 Gauge Shells from Cabela's"--
Time = money. I always buy factory loads and never re-load for that reason. In free time I like other activities that involve fresh air like hiking, mountain biking, fishing, hunting,.....

SO WHAT DOES A LIAR WHO SAYS HE NEVER RELOADS SHOT SHELLS USE GREX FOR ???

Post # 476288 on 3/37/17- Thread: "Information on Gunmaker Rivolier Pere et Fils"
Mr. "We" I do not reload shot shells. Repackaging is not equal to reloading.

That's a good one Jagermeister. Does the Grex do a good job of keeping your shells cushioned in the boxes? Why do you have to repackage your shotgun shells anyway? Is it because every other one is positioned backwards in the original box, and it gets confusing when you load your gun? Does the Grex make a mess and get on your clothes when you take shells out of the box? Do people around you at the skeet club you think you have dandruff?

Sorry for going off topic. Perhaps I should start a new thread to discuss repackaging shot shells in Grex. I probably will. More people need to learn about you and your new and creative use of polycarbonate shot buffering granules. Some of us are also curious why a guy who doesn't own even one Double Gun spends so much time posting absolute crap about non-Double Guns on a DOUBLEGUN forum.

The Internet is full of fakes, frauds, and liars.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wanted some HD loads for my 4.5lb pump gun with aluminum action and barrel. I took some Fiocchi 20ga 3/4oz trainer loads and dumped #7,5 shot replacing it with either #4bk or #1bk. I used some plastic filler to eliminate the void space. I do not do it anymore or use the shells because knowledgeable member of the forum told me it was not safe thing to do. I would not describe what I did as shot shell reloading. Now I have fine Remington 16ga auto so I can just use Federal #1bk loads.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wanted some HD loads for my 4.5lb pump gun with aluminum action and barrel. I took some Fiocchi 20ga 3/4oz trainer loads and dumped #7,5 shot replacing it with either #4bk or #1bk. I used some plastic filler to eliminate the void space. I do not do it anymore or use the shells because knowledgeable member of the forum told me it was not safe thing to do. I would not describe what I did as shot shell reloading. Now I have fine Remington 16ga auto so I can just use Federal #1bk loads.

I'm probably just banging my head against the wall, but here goes....

JM, if I take you at your word this time in your explanation of your "re-loading" activities, that you were just replacing the shot, you have just described why you should NOT be offering up advice on this or any other board. I don't reload so I don't tell people how to re-load.

If you have STOPPED doing what you were doing because more knowledgeable members here told you that your activities were potentially unsafe, doesn't that suggest to you that you don't know what the hell you are doing and therefore shouldn't be offering advice???

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice try Jagermeister. What a crock of shit. Interesting that it took you a full day to come up with that cock and bull story.

Actually, it's obvious that you are now piling up one lie on top of another. Yesterday, you told us that your use of Grex was for repackaging shot shells, and not for reloading. Now you are trying to tell us that you opened some factory loads, dumped the shot, and replaced it with buckshot buffered with Grex. But you want us to believe that is not reloading, and that you did this without reloading tools???

I have picked up 4.5lb repeating shotgun with four shot magazine tang safety select a choke type of device at end of barrel as old age knockabout truck gun. The older I get the less I want to carry. The only downside I have to use specialized 3/4oz 1100fps loads in it. Not so bad 3/4oz was the original 20ga load.

It also strains credulity to believe that you would use some unnamed 4.5 lb. aluminum action and barreled 20 ga. pump gun with light loads for a home defense gun when you have also repeatedly claimed to own one or two short barreled 12 ga. Ithaca model 37 pumps. Remember when you used to describe the first one as a "Trench Gun", until you screwed up and mentioned that it had choke tubes and 3" chamber?

You also claimed to have a Police Magnum short barreled 12 ga. Remington 870 pump... but we later learned that was another of your lies, and you only had it on Layaway, and then backed out of the deal.

But in any event, why would any of us believe that you would go through the trouble of opening Fiocchi 20 ga rounds and refilling them with buckshot cushioned with Grex when you claim to have one or more 12 ga. guns designed specifically for home defense type use? Haven't you also told us that you had plenty of buckshot and slug loads for those 12 ga. guns which are much better suited for the task... if you actually own one. I have my doubts.

But what else would we expect from a Liberal Democrat who spent the entire election cycle bashing Donald Trump, and then attempting to tell us that he voted for Trump after it was all over? If you ask Dave, he can change your screen name to Pinnochio-meister.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken, Just for historical context, Peugeot guns were not made by the car company but rather by Peugeot bicycles. Here is a post from a French board with my translation and a Peugeot gun:

Jeudi 2 juin 2011 21:10
Alors....Le fusil PEUGEOT n'a rien a voir avec les voitures.

Well, the PEUGEOT gun doesn't have anything to do with the car company.

Fabriquer a partir des annes 30,pendant une trentaine d'annes parciellement par une entreprise de haute loire(je crois)
It was made beginning in the 30's for some 30 years partly by a company in the Haute Loire (I think) (note: Upper Loire - i.e. near St. Chamond) (I

Cette entreprise a produit aussi des superposs et des mono canon et quelques armes de point,notament du 6,35.
This company also made over/under and single barrel guns and pistols - particularly of caliber 6.35mm

La cote du jour pour un 12 en parfait tat: +/-600.....pour un 16 meme tat,enlever 25%.....
Today the cost for a 12 gauge in perfect condition is +- 600 Euros. For a 16 gauge in the same state, raise it by 25%.

C'est de la fabrication classique et de bonne qualit mcanique.
This is a classic make and of good machanical quality.

Peugeot's for sale in France on this site:
http://www.naturabuy.fr/Fusils-Juxtaposes-Peugeot-critere-52898.html

Here is info from another site:

Les armes Peugeot taient fabriques Saint-Etienne (France) par la "Manufactures d'Armes" de la socit "Cycles Peugeot S.A.", devenue par la suite filiale du groupe Peugeot sous le nom de "Socit de Construction Mcanique Peugeot Loire".
Peugeot guns were made in St. Etienne by the "Arms Manufactures" of the company "Cycles Peugeot Inc", a branch of the group "Peugeot" under the name "Group for Mechanical Construction Peugeot Loire."

Cette rgion avait t choisie pour sa main d'oeuvre hautement qualifie, Saint-Etienne tant le centre de la fabrication des armes en France.
This region was chosen because of its high quality handiwork. Saint-Etienne was the center for arms manufacturing in France.

La production commena dans le milieu des annes 20 et dans le catalogue de 1930 on pouvait dj trouver 4 modles de fusil de chasse deux canons juxtaposs et 2 modles deux canons superposs, ainsi que 2 pistolets automatiques.
Production began in the middle of the 1920's and in the 1930 catalog there were already four models of double barrel shotguns and two of over/under as well as two automatic pistols.

La qualit de ces armes feu et leur niveau de scurit donna rapidement une bonne rputation Peugeot.
The Quality of these fire arms and their safety rapidly gave them a good a good reputation.

En 1936 la gamme tait compose de 21 fusils de chasse et de 5 carabines.
In 1936 the offerings included 21 shotguns and 5 carbines.

La deuxime guerre mondiale interrompit cette activit et les difficults du redmarrage industriel en 1945 mirent fin cette branche industrielle.
WWII interrupted their activities and the difficulties of reconstruction in 1945 put an end to this industrial branch.

Last edited by Argo44; 05/13/17 12:48 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.