Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Franc Otte #472992 02/23/17 09:44 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

My bad, LeFusil. I should not have said "You'd be better off". I agree that I wish Bill would post some pics. He has some screamer guns that I, and many others, would really like to see pics of.

I would not go so far as to say that just because he has been on the board 20 years he should have learned to post a pic. We are not all alike. Some of us are more dinosaur-like than others. If my son had not showed me how to post pics many years ago I would not be able to now.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 02/23/17 10:21 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
LeFusil #472995 02/23/17 10:20 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I concur with you, Fusil-- quid pro quo. Anyone who knows how to buy and sell good graded guns should be able to use a camera and post fotos. I don't doubt that Murphy has the guns he describes here and on other forum venues- but remember this- No one man can be right all the time- we all make errors-the trick in life is learning from them--RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Anyone who knows how to buy and sell good graded guns should be able to use a camera and post fotos.

How in the world did you come up with that, Francis? That is a stretch. BTW, how about a link to the last photo you posted, huh? I searched your posts 'til I got tired and didn't find one.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 02/23/17 10:34 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Franc Otte #472998 02/23/17 10:53 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Bill simply doesn't care to share pictures of his guns on the Internet - for whatever reason. Lord knows we have directed him on several occasions to detailed tutorials on picture posting but to no avail. He probably enjoys the notoriety of being "The Curmudgeon Who Refuses To Post Pictures." I have even made the offer to go to his home and photograph his collection and post pictures supporting his claim of ownership whenever he talks about a particular gun. No, he didn't take me up on my offer.

Franc Otte #473003 02/23/17 11:36 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill is the real deal. I was involved on the periphery of one of his deals and he is serious about this stuff.

Franc Otte #473005 02/24/17 12:28 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Face facts, you have multiple generations on this site. Those young enough to grow up with computers assume everyone is completely literate in all things computer-wise. Then the next generation will have a decent knowledge, if they want to learn it or had to learn it for work or have someone in their immediate family who can post things like pictures for them. Then you have the semi dinosaurs who struggle to post pictures, like myself, and then true dinosaurs like Eightbore who neither know nor care to do it.

Does not mean they are less real, just that they did not grow up with computers, or in Mr. Bills case perhaps light, air and heat. Old guys, tell me things were always rougher when they grew up. Like the walking to school up hill and walking back home up hill.

I am terrible at photography myself. Going back to when film was king, I bought high dollar cameras with which I took almost no pictures. When it went digital I bought more cameras again and still never used. Now I have the latest IPhone with which I have taken many pictures, OK a few at least and posted perhaps five of them total. That makes me a semi dinosaur. It was up hill one way to school but down hill another. smile

Franc Otte #473013 02/24/17 04:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

This has nothing to do with anyone in particular but I have long felt that someone who admits they can't figure out how to post pictures on this BBS probably isn't smart enough to be involved with guns.

I rather think they are all too lazy to learn.

Having said that, the price of memory having dropped so low, most BBS's these days host their own photos. It's quicker and they are up for posterity, no more missing photos when viewing old posts....

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Franc Otte #473014 02/24/17 07:10 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It might not only be the learning it might also be the patience. Photo Bucket is so jammed up anymore I've practically given up posting pictures.

Might also be safety, he doesn't want someone breaking into his house looking for guns while he is away. Where I live the only lights are on the homes themselves and its dark and desolate. Someone could break in and be gone without anyone knowing it.

Franc Otte #473022 02/24/17 08:37 AM
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill just doesn't post pictures because I don't believe he uses a camera and even if you use a camera you have to be able to upload the pictures from the camera to the hard drive of your computer. I've seen some of his guns up close. Bill has nice guns and he's like a dog with a fresh steakbone in pursuit of new ones all the time.

Agree with Photo Bucket. It's a PIA with all the spam etc that goes on there. You have to wade through a pile of crap to use it. Picturetrail is a little more user friendly IMO. I do like that some of the other forums now allow you to upload directly from your Hard Drive to their website without going through the picture hosting services out there. Fox Collectors just added it a few months ago and its much easier to post pictures now.

foxes rule
treblig1958 #473023 02/24/17 09:00 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
It might not only be the learning it might also be the patience. Photo Bucket is so jammed up anymore I've practically given up posting pictures.

Might also be safety, he doesn't want someone breaking into his house looking for guns while he is away. Where I live the only lights are on the homes themselves and its dark and desolate. Someone could break in and be gone without anyone knowing it.

Security is a real concern for many of us. I use as generic a name and address as I can. I never post as much as the name of the town I live in. I try to obscure the locations of what I can. You never know who is taking an interest it what you are posting. I never post current information on Facebook to let others know I am on vacation or have any interest in guns at all. Low profile or under the radar is my stance on the web.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.