April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 1,150 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Boxlock
Boxlock

Book (hardback version) is now available from Guy N Smith's (GNS) website with shipping options to the UK, US, Canada and Australia.

If you go to the Midland Gun website :
http://www.midlandgun.com/

Clicking the "View Details" button below the book image will take you to the correct page.

Current shipping options support single copies only. We will be adding pricing for purchasing multiple copies (with reduced shipping for additional books) over the weekend.

All books bought from the GNS website WILL be signed by the author.

Book will also be available through Amazon in the UK soon and worldwide by early December at the same 19.99 GBP price although these copies will NOT be signed.

Any questions email guy@midlandgun.com

Thanks,

Phil Ellett,

Editor/Producer of book at Black Hill Books.
MidlandGun.com webmaster.
Life-long shooting enthusiast.

Sidelock
Sidelock

TRW,I have a pre 1900 Midland catalogue[71 pages], Address is:
Midland Gun Co;
Demon Gun Works, Bath Street, Birmingham.
However Bath Street has been ruled out and Veesey Street added!
In the 1950's I was in the Midland shop,then located at Whittal & Bath Street. At that time they were making high grade single barrel guns for the African market, England having banned the sale of doubles in what was a troubled time for the British colonies.
The main selling points in the catalogue praised their ,"Solid body hammer guns and The best gun ever offered by anyone at the price listed regardless of type!"
This is a classic Victorian catalogue one that I have thought of having reprinted.

Roy Hebbes
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for posting details of this book , which I have ordered.

I would not have known of the books existence otherwise.

Regards

AlanD
Sydney

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=El Garro]I can't remember where I read it but I think many later Midland guns that were exported to the states had the King name on them.
Does anyone have one or know the story ?

Possibly guns made by Harold King the Midland foreman who worked in price St until the 1970's. Mr King as he was known to many was a very clever and skilled man .

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Gunman, I was starting to think I'd imagined it but that's jogged my memory, turns out it was mentioned on here, by you as it happens.. Looks like they were for export to Oz & NZ not the states though.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...4428#Post294428

Last edited by El Garro; 11/27/16 01:53 PM.

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
Sidelock

Midland Gun book arrived from UK on 26Nov2016. I ordered it on 14Nov2016. That was quick, must have been delivered by the Super Demon Express Works.

jc5 Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Just ordered the Midland book from eBay.

To Roy Hebbes...is there a way I can contact you offline to discuss a few points regarding your old Midland catalogue? I tried to send you a PM but it would not accept. Thanks very much!

Researching Lee Speeds and commercial Lee rifles. Questions or data to share? Please send PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.