April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (R. Glenz, Argo44, DaveB, FelixD, 1 invisible), 525 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,080
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Cadet, can you provide a link to the waterfowl lead regulations there so we can see how it is managed there?

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel
Cadet, can you provide a link to the waterfowl lead regulations there so we can see how it is managed there?

Yes, that would be great cadet. And since it appears that you are still using lead for ducks there, please tell us how many sick and poisoned waterfowl there are as a result.

Since migratory birds return to the U.S from places in Central and South America where lead is still used, we should be seeing the same thing that was reported prior to the 1991 ban. And all of the shot that was fired into lakes, swamps, and shorelines prior to the 1991 ban is still there, but it suddenly ceased to be a problem even though it still gets churned up by wave action, etc. But guys like Larry want to believe all the crap that passed for science, and don't wish to revisit or reverse past wrongs that were likely intended to put a damper on the shooting sports, and reduce interest and participation in gun ownership and hunting.

You can keep the info on what you like about Australian gun control and bans though. Sorry for your luck in that regard. We are doing our best to avoid those things... except for anti-2nd Amendment guys like King Brown and FUDD's who vote for anti-gunners.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
James, you might want to re-read my reply to cadet. I clearly acknowledged that he said he was still able to use lead shot in Australia, and told him I was glad of it, and also noted that legal use of lead shot in other parts of the world for waterfowl isn't causing the kind of problems that purportedly led to the 1991 U.S. ban.

cadet made a totally inaccurate statement by claiming that there are some here who seem to think there is a total ban on firearms in Australia. That simply isn't true, and I have probably been the most active here in reporting exactly what restrictions Australian gun owners have suffered. You've probably seen the photos I've posted of huge piles of confiscated and banned semi-automatic rifles and shotguns and government notices warning owners of banned guns to turn them in. But I know there is not a total ban on all guns... Yet.... Even if the path seems to be a death by a thousand cuts.

As such, I remarked that Australian style restrictions on firearms have absolutely nothing to offer to us here. Well, I should clarify and say that they have nothing to offer except an example we should avoid and fight at all costs. King Brown and Ed Good probably think they are reasonable, but certainly not you or the majority of us. I know little about Australian hunting laws, and did not comment on them except to say I was glad he still got to use lead shot. He could have reported how Australian gunners managed to keep that right, but instead went to to disseminate a false statement and to suggest that Australian Firearm laws might offer a model for us in the U.S.

Now, if you want to comment on short-sightedness, you might want to reply to Larry Clown who thinks that there is no way to reverse past wrongs such as the 1991 lead ban, even in a limited sense for vintage guns, and instead goes on to concede that lead shot is even a problem with many dove hunting situations.

Too bad Larry didn't threaten to move to Canada if Trump won. But I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want him either.

Keith, Cadet offered to share some information about the use of lead regs and he offered up the opinion that there are likely many here with a significant lack of understanding of Australian HUNTING and firearms laws and regs.

I would tend to agree with that opinion. The mere facts that you (and maybe a few others) have posted about Australian gun laws is meaningless in assessing whether the majority of members understand what they are. Additionally, it's likely NONE of us, except our few Aussie members, have any familiarity with Australian HUNTING regs.

Why do you argue about this shit? It's just insane. You make so many good points so regularity and then blow it up with this. You are looking for a fight when none is to be had.

Has Cadet defended their gun laws? Did Cadet suggest we look to Australia for sensible gun laws? No. He simply offered up the opinion that most here wouldn't know much about the firearms and hunting regs he lives with and that perhaps THERE MAY BE SOMETHING OF VALUE IN THE WAY THE AUSSIES HANDLE LEAD AS PART OF THEIR HUNTING REGS.

You are right that Aussie Gun laws have nothing of value to offer us. But you don't know shit from shinola about their lead hunting regs unless you researched it today. And guarantee, no one else here does.

And Keith, because I know you are going to go down this road, people use euphemisms and exaggeration in their everyday language all the time. Get over it.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Craig, first try selling your change on lead to Ducks Unlimited. It's one of those cases where "We have met the enemy, and they are us!"

Hey Larry, I admit, I was just speculating about a path that I thought would be plausible, didn't I say so? With the experience that you have mentioned you have with grassroots local advocating and nation publications, I didn't quite pick up on what we were going to do with your proposed studies? I considered your example of how science can present varying conclusions, but only the conclusion that connects politically correct dots is considered valid. Right?

You may recall, in the condor thread, that I did make an attempt to contact a couple of the major waterfowl organizations. On your suggestion, I 'asked a biologist', which is actually an offered service by one of the groups. No response, which is nothing more than an oh well. Anyway, why brush me off to DU? They have a policy position that appears apathetic on the surface of the issue, but certainly doesn't fit the conservation mantra. That's their business.

Anyway, here's the beating the ole dead horse part. If we're 'discussing' the use of lead shot for waterfowl hunting, why would 'us' have to trudge through the presence of lead in quail, woodcock, hunter discarded deer gut piles, failure of hunters to recover game, coyotes and vultures? You also mentioned lead levels in soil while commenting about woodcock, in a thread about the source of lead being legally expended hunting shot shells.

There are preconceptions about the use of lead shot. Some say, there's a big stack of stuff I like on my side of the balance beam, so the rest of you just forget about it, or let the oddballs nibble, it ain't go'in anywhere. We have met the enemy, and go figure, they're persistent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sure why, but this thread makes me want to punch a kangaroo in the face.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: cadet
But then there's people here who think guns were banned totally in Australia, and think Australian hunting and firearms laws have nothing to offer the US.

Geez James, you must have missed it the first and second time, so I put it in bold type for you this time.

This is what I commented on, and you need to note that I acknowledged twice, now a third time here, that it is apparently legal to use lead for waterfowl there. And I said I would be interested in how that usage of lead for waterfowl works. And you accuse me of looking for a fight where there is none??? Please show us where I claimed to know shit from shinola about their hunting regs. I only stated that we aren't the least bit interested in anything about Australian gun restrictions except how to avoid them.

I know it's a bit early in the day, but maybe have a drink and chill out.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: cadet
But then there's people here who think guns were banned totally in Australia, and think Australian hunting and firearms laws have nothing to offer the US.

Geez James, you must have missed it the first ans second time, so I put it in bold type for you this time.

This is what I commented on, and you need to note that I acknowledged twice, now a third time here, that it is apparently legal to use lead for waterfowl there. And I said I would be interested in how that usage of lead for waterfowl works. And you accuse me of looking for a fight where there is none??? Please show us where I claimed to know shit from shinola about their hunting regs. I only stated that we aren't the least bit interested in anything about Australian gun restrictions except how to avoid them.

I know it's a bit early in the day, but maybe have a drink and chill out.

Hahaha, no thanks, it's a bit early for a drink. smile

You can play with the words, you can highlight what you want but you know exactly what Cadet was saying and the information he was trying to offer us. You tried to pick a fight that was completely unnecessary.

I'll put it to you another way. Not everyone uses the language as precisely as you and King. You for accuracy and clarity, King for obfuscation and diversion.

When there is no malice aforethought, why not just take the goodwill intended?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
....When there is no malice aforethought, why not just take the goodwill intended?

cback, just to help remove the image I have of cadet laughing at us. Will you join me, in an international effort, to see if cadet will followup on his comment and explain how it'll help in North America?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No playing with words James. It was all right there in the first half of my reply to his post. The second half of my reply was aimed at Larry and his older brother King, and their anti-lead history that they frequently attempt to deny. I didn't make any claims about knowing anything about Australian hunting regulations, and I sure as hell didn't try to pick any fights. I simply told him that we are not interested in anything that Australian laws pertaining to firearms might offer the U.S.--- beyond being an example that we should avoid.

I think most of us were aware that candidate Hillary Clinton proposed that we should modify our gun laws to be in line with the Australian example. It was on her campaign website as well. That is a huge reason why gun owners who actually can connect the dots voted for the guy who promised to respect our 2nd Amendment. But it didn't stop guys like King Brown from openly supporting her in spite of being aware of her views and her life-long record as a devout anti-gunner.

Thank you for pointing out King's penchant for obfuscation and diversion. I prefer to simply call it the dishonesty it is.

Lonesome should check out those Australian hunting regs before he goes punching any kangaroos. It may be illegal to use a lead weighted sap to close the deal.

Is it really too early for a drink? It is the weekend, after all! Make mine a bourbon and water. Why bourbon? I'm buying American! Cheers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, it's not too early now!! grin

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.