April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jerry G, Argo44, Researcher, Jimmy W, 2 invisible), 845 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,832
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless you can proove it was associated with that sick bastard, and prove it, then the value is that of a French Guild gun. Good condition 500-700. Now if you can find a newspaper article with photo showing that sick bastard presenting that gun to some nazi "hero" some Nazi memorabilia collector might pay a lot more.

The person that was given to was not a famous or high ranking person. For that they never would have used a French Guild gun. It would have been a German made gun for propaganda reasons.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They would never use a French gun?
I think they would, as a war trophy from the recent Blitzkrieg in France. They must have plundered wagons of them. And re-proofed them to show they don't trust the French.
What I think could be suspicius with this piece is the Luftwaffe eagle on the stock, like the one on the famous pilot's drilling by Sauer.

With kind regards,
Jani

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gents,
someone with the anonymous name of Calin is trying to use
your experience/skill/goodwill to test the market/price-evaluate a
Nazi-collectors object of a gun with either fake/not-fake/
WW II-booty /characteristics.
I recommend he should contact Hermann Historica in Germany.
They are trading with such stuff.
Sincerely
Felix Neuberger

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: felix
Gents,
someone with the anonymous name of Calin is trying to use
your experience/skill/goodwill to test the market/price-evaluate a
Nazi-collectors object of a gun with either fake/not-fake/
WW II-booty /characteristics.
I recommend he should contact Hermann Historica in Germany.
They are trading with such stuff.
Sincerely
Felix Neuberger

I am under the impression as well that likely the real purpose of this thread is to find a value, which I guess there is nothing wrong with. Whether the OP is buying or selling is unclear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A Unnamed French gun. They would used one for a minor "person". But for some big shot I doubt it. Now if the gun was Louie 16's personal gun maybe. All that gun is to me is a Guild gun which there were a million of them that was confiscated with the occupation and sent back to Germany. It was repaired and then got German proof marks because of the work. Perhaps the work was nothing more than being engraved with that sick b. Signature.

As to being faked, who knows. If fake Nazi marking are as common as fake Wells Fargo markings then anything is possible. To me that gun does not seem to have any direct connection with H. but was most likely used as a gift from his office to some minor official. Perhaps a mayor who sucked up to him. Perhaps a SS trooper who killed 50 Russians with his bare hands or worse. It was for sure not a gift to him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The engraving inscription on the barrels looks a tad fresh to me and not the product of 70 year's wear. Although I am only going by a photo. Mind you I was born suspicious. His mate Herman Goering was a big hunting buff and had an impressive gun collection. It would need provable provenance to be worth anything. In England as a plain non-ejector gun like that it would be lucky to make 100 to 150. Lagopus.....

Calin Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks all for the Comments I would like more Information about that Shotgun "
And a little History "
I hawe buyet that Shotgun from old man from Germany
I don't know more information "

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pooch posted
Quote:
I'd want more providence then the Himmler signature.
Amen to that.

Because there are lunatics still amongst us who are both gullible and in funds, NAZI memorabilia of all sorts commands very high prices. The vast majority of such "memorabilia" is the work of fakers, forgers, duckers and divers, having large and busy manufactories supplying a flourishing market.

Remember "The Hitler Diaries"? And the "Hitler Pictures"?

Have a shufti at this one ... only $26,000 to you Sir; another French gun with impeccable provenance ... laugh HH must have cornered the market in this stuff.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/64/3321

The first reaction I have on seeing this sort of stuff isn't "Is it genuine?" so much as "What solid evidence exists that shows this isn't a fake?"

Eug

Last edited by eugene molloy; 01/18/17 06:37 PM.

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually, sharp shooter is the slightly more accurate translation. A sniper with a cheap French made side-by-side- like Wild Bill Hickok with a pair of cap pistols instead of his 1851 Colt Navy pistols-- The German Eagle and Swastika are not correct either, and as Himmler hated the French almost as much as he hated those of the Jewish faith, to present him with a double shotgun with French steel markings instead of Krupp Flusstahl- a real "sock in the kisser"--This smells like a bogus deal to me. Der Fuchs.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

RWTF,

Wouldn't it be nice if some Jewish Frenchman, an engraver, is currently sunning himself on the Riviera and laughing his socks off?

Eug

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.