May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (smlekid, Parabola, 1 invisible), 142 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,543
Posts546,079
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mike A. #469466 01/17/17 12:59 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Apparently the hitch is the carbide tool, Mike, and from earlier posts there is no peeling away of the chrome. Feel positive I'll find a smith who does the work in Canada.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of the barrels were black chromed on the outside; some were not. But I believe that at least all the Japanese-made SKB's did have chromed bores. No idea whether the bores are chromed on the current Turkish-made SKB's.

keith #469469 01/17/17 01:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
And this is where you could have had the stones to admit that you are a hypocrite and that you attack me for the very same things that do not concern you in the least when posted by certain other folks. I can admit that I don't like you or respect you. You can't because you're hung up on your faux civility. Now you need to accept the fact that I don't give a damn what a hypocrite like you thinks.

I accept the fact your post are an irritant, that I am sometimes to weak to ignore.

You have the advantage of either knowing who I am or easily seeing it. Unlike you I am not a poster in hiding.

I realize that you don't give a dam about maintaining a level of courtesy. Further it appears you don't care how intelligently you make your points.

I noted that you could have intelligently entered the thread pointing out how King's found limitation on moving his barrels across the border are the result of the soon to be late administration's actions. An administration whose policies King appears to have supported. Instead you fall back to off topic bloviation by posting old and not on topic stuff. The originality of your posts could really use some work.

My happiness is not tied to your approval, nor is winning an argument with you. Your off topic posts are a bother which I feel free to point out. Just as you appear free to post. While we are entitled to free speech, I believe we are obligated to use it wisely.

How exactly am I a hypocrite?

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, try Stelios Chrysochou at SC Gunworks in Keswick, Ontario. Good chance he can handle it and his metal work is superb. And he's a great guy.

289 383 3450
stelios@scgunworks.ca

You can drop my name.....he'll go slower and charge more! LOL

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
GLS #469475 01/17/17 02:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
King, best to call and not email Mike. He is incredibly fast in turnaround once he gets the barrels. Gil

In my experience, the best way to work with Mike is to simply mail him your barrels along with a note explaining what you want done. Enclose a check based on his price list and you'll have your barrels back in a week to 10 days.

He's not real big on chatty communication but he gets the job done well and quick.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

James, you're the man! $150 a barrel. Thanks

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

old colonel, no approval from me of everything about Obama, as it is with every administration. No one can please everyone.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey old hypocrite, I mean old colonel, do you really seriously have to ask why I say you are a hypocrite? You piously act as if I am doing something terribly wrong when I stray off-subject and make a political statement, yet you strangely seem to have zero problems when King or others do it. That's just one example. Here's a definition for you since you can't seem to grasp the obvious:

hyp·o·crite

noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites

a person who indulges in hypocrisy.
synonyms: pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, pietist, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; More
informalphony, fraud, sham, fake

I especially liked the "PLASTER SAINT" synonym for you. I didn't blame the outgoing anti-gun Obama administration for poor King's inability to ostensibly ship his nephew's barrels to Mike Orlen and have them returned to Canada because I doubt if it was Obama who enacted that particular restriction. It was likely some other Liberal Left Democrat that King also admired and openly supported here. Also, some other Canadians here manage to ship barrels to the U.S. have them rust blued and then manage to get them back, so I'm not certain we can trust what King said. Besides, King could have just flown them here in his bush plane and smuggled them back. Do you recall in August of 2015 how I repeated King's claim that he had (illegally) transported a pistol across the U.S.-Canada Border, and he accused me of lying. Yes, Mr Faux Civility, for several days publicly called me a liar when he knew good and well it was he who was lying again. He then made the wild assed claim that the gun he carried in his bush plane was not a handgun, but a Savage Model 24 .22/20 ga. survival rifle/shotgun. Then I reproduced his exact words from his post #360486 to prove that it was King who was once again lying to us:

Originally Posted By: King Brown

Carry is mostly prohibited but the Mounties told me when I bought my first one 60-odd years ago that I'd never have any trouble anywhere if I used common sense, not do something foolish with people around. Used it in our wide open spaces and forgot to remove it several times crossing the border in my aircraft.

At that point, a man and a gentleman would have apologized for falsely claiming I was lying or shifting stories, but King doubled down, changed his story, and then claimed he was entitled to carry a handgun because he had a professional trappers license... which still would not have permitted him to illegally transport a handgun across the U.S. Border in the 1980's. Would you like me to replay the whole exchange for you Richard Hypocrite, or can I call you Dick Hypocrite, for short?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Based on what you have written:

You believe I single you out for diving into threads to divert them by injection personal attacks and cut and paste gun control related direct criticisms against someone posting in that otherwise unrelated thread.

You further believe that others regularly do this and I omit taking them similarly to task.

I note you fail to show any examples of this failure on my part to identify a repeat diverter of threads. You do note an exchange between you and King in August of 2015, but I don't see where that person jumped into a unrelated to gun control thread and injected the gun control issue. As for who told the truth then or now I cannot know. Not sure I care if you are both right or wrong in what appears to belong on a Judge Judy, my feelings got hurt episode.

What I can know is my call is for stopping the diversions of topics (as I have given up asking you to be civil in an earlier thread). Even "Faux Civility" is beyond what you seem to be willing to practice.

Keith who remains hidden, and likely to be forever so, my name is Michael, as shown in my profile email address Michael Dittamo. I am neither Richard, etc.

I now understand that your attack on King was first related to what you believe was his truthfulness in having the problem he described that was followed by you normal pasting of unrelated gun control trivia which clouded your intent. Like it really matters if the perfection of his question changed the nature of the discussion. Perhaps for a purist it might, but August of 2015 wow, the stinging attack on your character must still be hot and painful. Perhaps I should be wary of your future wrath and continue my Civility or stop challenging your strong, well grounded, and inherently excellent arguments altogether.

If my civility is Faux Civility that is better than your lack of civility, if I frustrate you in challenging your off topic attacks and remind everyone who bothers to read what the character of your particular posting is so be it.

What you have made clear to me is this really is all about animus and not principle.

If you were really interested in articulating and winning an argument about the Second Amendment then you would be arguing idea and facts and not name calling. You are capable of engaging in discussions without diatribe.

Maybe I should return to ignoring your bothersome posts. I wonder if Dave Webber tracks who is the most ignored poster on the website?

Maybe I should identify trolling when I see it with a trolling picture. You seem more than willing to paste and paste again stuff that has nothing to do with the thread, I could adopt your style of argument every time you insert a diversion of cut and paste with a clear notice of what it is for those who do not have you placed on ignore?

If you don't like what I post you too can place me on ignore.

PS I am surprised you defended the Obama Administration Department of Homeland Security as the source of the block that prohibited Mike Orlen from being able to ship the barrels back if King had sent them to him. Is it more important to attack King and Canada than identify the problems of US based export and import rules for sporting gun owners?

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Old COL,just put Keith on ignore. Can't tell you how relaxing it is to read posts here without stepping in troll turds.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.