April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Marks_21, buckstix, bushveld), 228 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,441
Posts544,765
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am deeply saddened that Dennis's double gun class will not be offered this year. I've taken the class five times and can not begin to state how much I've learned and how much it has influenced my life. The information and help Dennis so freely shared could not have been obtained any where else at any cost. I feel saddened others will no longer have this unique resource available to them.

The only thing positive is it gives me a chance to publicly thank Dennis for his generosity to provide his service over the last 14 years. I don't think people realize the sacrifices Dennis has made to provide this service. It started with moving his shop hand tools and supplies into his truck and then driving 20 some hours to Trinidad Colorado. He then got to live in a college dorm or stay in a motel for two weeks, deal with up to 20 students needs, then drive 20 plus hours back home. I know the school paid for his services but I can promise you he would have been financially much better to have stayed at home in his own bed, worked in his own shop, and not had to put up with all the hassle of loading and unloading all those tools and materials he didn't get paid for. So the next time one of your "babies" need some repair attention, please say Thank You Dennis as there is a good chance Dennis had some impact on helping educate the person who you trusted to properly service your fine gun.

Dennis, Thank You from the bottom of my heart for all the time you have donated in helping me and so many others over the years. No one could ever repay you for the service you have done. All the best, Don Hansen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dennis, that's a real shame. I'm guessing they didn't ask YOUR students what THEY wanted.

Another case of the inmates running the institution.

JLN Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am another that is grateful that I got a chance to take both Mark and Dennis' classes. I started with Mark's 2 years ago and I took Dennis' class this past year. I am very saddened by the turn of events because I was planning on continuing to take the courses this summer and now I'm stuck.

I do not remember taking a survey and if I did, my voice must have been in the minority. I will be contacting TSJC to voice my concern over the course changes.

Thanks Dennis and Mark.

Jason

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have never taken the course but was planning to next year as it is, or it seems was, one of the only (the only?) place to acquire this knowledge in the entire country. I think it's a great shame that courses such as this go by the wayside. What seems particularly odd to me is that it appears to have had routine, appreciative and complete attendance. Personally I think that anyone with an interest in the course should be contacting the powers that be and expressing their dismay at the disappearance of such courses. What is next I wonder... letting plumbers out of apprenticeships with only a knowledge of ABS piping and no soldering skills because thats what they want to learn?

Does anyone know of another location or means of attending such a course?

Jeremy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Isn't this a NRA Gunsmithing School course? Montgomery Community College in NC has a NRA Gunsmithing School program. We should contact Montgomery Community College and tell them Dennis Potter, Glenn Fewless, and Mark Beasland are available. I believe we could influence a positive outcome if this was addressed properly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps better to ask Dennis, Glenn and Mark first!

LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is also a gunsmithing school that gives NRA summer courses at Lassen Community College in Susanville, NE California. Nearest major airport is Reno, 85 miles to the south.

Sidelock
Sidelock

But TSJC is offering a class in hat making. Go Figure. This is nuts.

Dennis's class is fantastic. I have been part of it for four years, starting in '06. I cannot imagine they would drop it. Gil

[IMG]
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

at the end of classes at Trinidad a evaluation was given to students.i was in len bull and dennis class for a while and don't remember any negatives from other students.so i think this is the school and the nra wanting more classes for ar15 and black guns.tishamingo had a sxs class but sadly jack rowe was the instructor and has passed away.i don't know what the status of that class is.call the nra summer class coordinator and complain if you are interested in classes continuing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't begin to express how much Dennis and this class has meant to my success . The only person that has been in Dennis's class more than me is Dennis. Dennis's willingness to share his life time of knowledge is priceless. While I have not attended Glenn's class having his expertise available has been very valuable as well. I consider both mentors and friends. I was saddened to hear about the schools decision . This is truly a lose to the double gun world.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.