April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (bushveld, graybeardtmm3, arrieta2, bbman3, 3 invisible), 430 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,221
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 49 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 48 49
Sidelock
Sidelock

And notice these two members didn't even offer a shred of apology for not using doubles! !Sinverguenza! What's this world coming to?

Sidelock
Sidelock

They are forgiven as the instruments in question were 16's

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Joe, We haven't had a chance to trade lies since you passed through Vancouver after your Alaska cruise. Hope you and your lovely bride are keeping well.I am hoping to make Vegas next week but my 13 year old lab Tolley is struggling and might force me to cancel.We haven't seen you there for quite a while.
We are having some cold weather which concentrates both the mind and the mallards,wonderfully.The results below of a short hunt this afternoon with Mr.Tolleys 3" BLE amd Rigby the 3 year old

Last edited by Terry Lubzinski; 01/12/17 12:34 AM.

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought stupid,than open it and confirm.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Terry Lubzinski

We are having some cold weather which concentrates both the mind and the mallards,wonderfully.
Great line and hunt. Gil

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

With one week left for woodcock in Georgia, two in SC, you wouldnt think it would be 76 today here in the lowcountry of Georgia and SC. Full moon, dry and warm doesnt help the woodcock where we hunt. Wouldnt surprise me if they werent moving back where they came from. wink Saw a pond slider laying eggs in a field yesterday. Saturday, Billy and Floyd shot one bird of five flushes over my Willa and Abby. Billy carries his granddads and dads Browning Superposed in 20 gauge. Its an early 50s model and was the predecessor to the Diana grade. Today, Floyd and I looked for new areas and found only one bird. My 16 Brun-Latrige from St. Etienne. Temps arent expected to cool down before seasons end in Georgia. Todays bird has some gorgeous coloration.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Today is also the last day of dove season in GA until September. I knew of a sunflower field that I felt was probably holding birds because of the unseasonably warm weather here (doves can't survive on sunflower seeds during hard cold, and move heavily into peanut and corn fields). I had about talked myself out of going this afternoon, but I have a young Lab, Cady, that wouldn't get to work any doves until September, so I loaded her up and went. Just me in a 24 acre sunflower field, but I put my Mojo dove up high on the pole Gil gave me and sat down. I timed it perfectly, and in one hour had a limit, Cady retrieving every one to me.

Don't think too hard of me for taking a 12 gauge. blush I normally shoot sub gauges for doves, but the BSS is my go to duck gun and we have two more weeks of duck hunting left. I just wanted to "keep my hand in" with it.

One dove is out of the pic to the right ....... hey, I never claimed to be a photographer. laugh I cannot tell you how many years it has been since I killed a limit of doves on the last afternoon of the season, and in one hour. I'm so glad I resisted temptation to sit home, and loaded up and went. Next dove season is a loooong time away. Today will make it easier to bear.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/15/17 08:58 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, that's a good hour anywhere.
With one week to go, I am done with the woodcock in Georgia this season. With temps in the mid 50s at night, I'm not comfortable with my dogs in rising temps above 65-70 before noon with the sun out. Too many snakes to worry about. Seeing turtles sunning and if turtles and gators are sunning, the no-shoulders are out, too. Billy and I went this morning for a little over an hour in a place we hunted opening weekend which is closer than the other spots we hunt. Very difficult place to hunt. Had four flushes with either the dogs on point or nearby. One bird. Two weeks left in SC and I'll wait until temps get colder before heading back out if I go at all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great Outing Stan, both from the shooting standpoint and the Dog work opportunity......

As an aside, I would offer that, I personally don't Judge Dove Guns by Bore size but rather by results....

Looks like the job got done quite efficiently, and I doubt the Lab noticed the size of the hulls.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
Some of my best memories have occured on the last day of various seasons. Resisting to sit out the last day has it's rewards!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Paul.

It does indeed, Karl. Thanks.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 40 of 49 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.