April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (canvasback, Fudd), 488 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#468112 01/06/17 09:22 PM
gold40 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Many of us, at one time or another, have taken the vow to never purchase another SxS (or other firearm), because: 1.I have enough SxS's, 2.I already have too many, 3.The gun safe is full, 4.I'm getting too old, or 5.The house needs_______.

- Has anyone actually kept this vow?

- If not, what SxS did you find that you just could not possibly live without?

gold4040 -(My last purchase was a Ruger LCP .380)

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd never make such a vow. I know myself too well.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kind'a like saying: "This is my last dog"...

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If I were to make such a vow my wife would assume one of the following. He's bought another one. He's just kidding and wants two more. He's off his meds again, not a good sign.

My wife and I have no joint banking accounts. We never have conflicts over money or how it is spent. Our bills are paid, our kids and dog are spoiled. So if she wants to buy something I don't care and the same goes for me. Best thing I ever did was to not open any joint accounts. I have seen countless friends end up divorced over money, who spends it and who earns it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have never made that vow, but I did vow another & broke it, nay, Shattered it.
That vow was not buy another gun that is not stainless.
I consider that vow to be in my distant past but it is the first thing that my brother Nathan brings up each time I proudly show him my newest purchase.
O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

While in no way a collector or even purchased a higher grade double, I won't buy another one. A 12 gauge Model 12 I purchased for goose hunting and because it handles so well, for the occasional upland game hunting, is all I use now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

he he he
I use a different gun on each dove hunt during the year
Really adds spice to the hunting year
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Haven't made that vow and doubt I ever will. I try to live like I have my whole life in front of me still. I suppose I do, it's just likely shorter than I would prefer. LOL

I just try to stop doing the bad stuff. Hahaha!

When I sold my sailboat 16 years ago, I never thought I'd buy another. Now I have the itch again. Who knows what tomorrow may bring!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Life is always just beginning, no matter how old you are, James. All I can think of now is fishing for wild brook trout after ice break-up on the Cape Breton Highlands.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
If I were to make such a vow my wife would assume one of the following. He's bought another one. He's just kidding and wants two more. He's off his meds again, not a good sign.

My wife and I have no joint banking accounts. We never have conflicts over money or how it is spent. Our bills are paid, our kids and dog are spoiled. So if she wants to buy something I don't care and the same goes for me. Best thing I ever did was to not open any joint accounts. I have seen countless friends end up divorced over money, who spends it and who earns it.

I never make the vow to not buy more guns. I know better.
My wife and I have a joint checking account and have for 43 years. I used plastic for almost every thing and she writes the checks for my Visa account. We both know how much money we have and are disciplined enough to not over spend.

NRA Patron
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.