May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (bbman3, RWG, Ian Forrester, HMAK, Replacement, 1 invisible), 486 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,432
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Franc Otte
I was looking for your personal definitions of Vintage as far as guns go.I think the Vintage thing should slide up as the years go by..in 2086 ( pick your number), guns made today would be vintage,as I see it.
I wish the Antique rule slid up with the years.
Thanks for your replies
cheers
Franc
Hope you all get an old long box under the tree

I understood that was what you were inquiring about. I, however, don't agree that everything that is not modern is vintage, if I understood you correctly. If we go by the definition of the word, vintage would carry with it the implication that, in addition to old, it was the best of a person or company's work. If we simply use "vintage" in place of "old" have we not cheapened the meaning of it, by definition?

Interesting discussion, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Vin + Age;
Vin = Wine, Age of course is how old. That's Vintage. It can be this years Vintage or it could be a century old Vintage or any other year.

As relates to shotguns Vintage is most often MIS-used in an effort to increase prices.

Age for vintage is relevant only when the Vintage is specified as in;

A Committee of Safety Musket is of the Revolutionary War Vintage while an M-16 is of the Vietnam Vintage.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Victorian vintage,Edwardian vintage,pre WWI vintage,between the wars vintage.
When someone says the gun is vintage we should be quick to ask which vintage that is.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: justin
Victorian vintage,Edwardian vintage,pre WWI vintage,between the wars vintage.
When someone says the gun is vintage we should be quick to ask which vintage that is.

Probably the best answer. I was thinking along the same lines myself, as this is often done with regular antiques.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.