April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 411 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

"The object of life... insane."

I thought it was to drink beer, eat delicious food, and hang out with pretty girls. Boy have I been doing it wrong.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, no, lonesome, get that one-or-the-other stuff out of your head. You can do both---if you wish.

Sidelock
Sidelock

An admission of insanity coincides with being a liberal idiot....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Ken. I think I do understand how many,many people have been ignored, shut out, abandoned, and made obsolete by the forces that operate the world. I also think it's a failure on the part of both parties though I'm inclined to give more blame to the Democrats. They used to represent the underdog. The Republicans haven't done so since Lincoln. If Trump could make an effort now to heal the Great Divide, he could win some support from his sceptics. The divide we see right here is a microcosm of the bigger world. Perhaps we can ease up on the rancor. There's always plenty to argue about. Yelling never seems to advance understanding.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
"The object of life... insane."

I thought it was to drink beer, eat delicious food, and hang out with pretty girls. Boy have I been doing it wrong.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. THE REST, I JUST SQUANDERED!"

George Best....perhaps the world's greatest soccer player.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually, My Dad said that "Women whisky and guns, pissed away the rest"

Sidelock
Sidelock

How about: "A good drink and a fine cigar are the second and third best things in life"?

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....pointing out that Donald Trump is a crude , loud-mouthed, ill-mannered bully is intended to support Hillary Clinton?....

....What I'd like you to acknowledge in return is that in issues of politics and public policy there valid disagreements between competing points of view....

....I just like to point out that every coin has two sides....

Bill, you don't often discuss 'policy'. Take a look at how you jumped in to this 'conversation', a poke at folks who lean the opposite direction as you without substance.

It has been mentioned that hill, as a first lady, gave a policy speech about black youths being super predators and that they should be brought to heal, yes it's searchable. There is all the inbetween. In early November, the various email leaks were still pouring out about the intolerance, bigotry and lies that was 'policy' for hill and her inner circle.

Your current prez has made a ton of loud mouthed, ill-mannered bully rants intended to support hill and your side of the coin. In early November, he was screaming at a crowd of his supporters that they were obligated to his legacy to vote for hill, remember? There's tons more. Point is, you never acknowledge the other side of the coin.

The romney's, mccain's and the also ran sixteen have been discussed along with the various interpretations of the 'high road'. If the hill campaign only had the 'ists', and you feel the need to continue labeling, why shouldn't Trump use that very same strategy to win a Presidential election?

Heck, take a look at your Aurelius quote, is that for both sides of the coin or is just one side insane? If I could change your mind about a tiny little thing, maybe it could be to take an honest position about the true state of public education beyond your neck of the woods. At times, public schools have done a great job for my wife and I, but it wasn't consistent by a long shot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I readily acknowledge that country-wide measures show our public schools doing a poor job, 26th out of thirty countries is the current rank. Our universities that are so easily ridiculed for PC publicity, are still the world's best. What kills public education are failed schools and failed school districts. My point was just that there are also lots of good schools here. The highest correlation with success in school is family income.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, you are a microcosm of how and why the public schools are doing a poor job. But you have repeatedly blamed that on a lack of taxpayer money even though we spend more per pupil than any nation on Earth. Let's kill two birds with one stone and examine your answer to me this morning. You say I somehow misinterpreted your obvious support for Hillary due to a reading comprehension problem. I get your support for Hillary from the sum total of all of your posts in this election cycle. And I get your reliable support for anti-2nd Amendment Liberal Democrats from the sum total of all of your political commentary. I didn't misinterpret anything based upon one simple comment about Trump's sometimes crude language, even though you lacked the courage to state your obvious support for Hillary Clinton, the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrat. Here's an example from a few months ago... where the retired public school English Teacher shows us that he cannot spell the word hypocrite:

I'm no hypocrit. The Republican Party is nuts. I can't help them. I'll try to stay out of it here, but James' post calls out for some response so that others here don't conclude his lunacy is the only view on this site.

Take a gander at your posts for the last six months where you have done nothing but bash Trump in your political commentary. You've made a fair amount of political commentary recently even though you have also lectured us that such commentary has no place here. Does that make you a hypocrit, or a hypocrite? You've used that poor excuse of being only human and getting a fact wrong now and then in the past too. Then you go on to post more lies and bullshit... and also show us that the English Teacher cannot spell the word skeptic either:

Thanks, Ken. I think I do understand how many,many people have been ignored, shut out, abandoned, and made obsolete by the forces that operate the world. I also think it's a failure on the part of both parties though I'm inclined to give more blame to the Democrats. They used to represent the underdog. The Republicans haven't done so since Lincoln. If Trump could make an effort now to heal the Great Divide, he could win some support from his sceptics. The divide we see right here is a microcosm of the bigger world. Perhaps we can ease up on the rancor. There's always plenty to argue about. Yelling never seems to advance understanding.

You make the absurd and dishonest claim that the Republicans haven't represented the underdog since Lincoln. Perhaps the ex-public school teacher should do a little homework and check where Lyndon Johnson got the majority of votes to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Then check the votes for the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Then you should check to see just who was for, and who was against women getting the right to vote during the passage of the 19th Amendment. You could also look at who passed and signed the OSHA Act to protect the lives of workers. You could also check to see which Party has been most inclined to tax the crap out of the middle class. But you won't.

You aren't about facts Billy. You are all about repeating NEA and DNC propaganda. You have repeatedly proven to me that you can't be bothered with facts, and you typically refuse to acknowledge your lies when you get caught. Did you learn that from Marcus Aurelius... or did you learn that from King Brown?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.