April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ducks Rx, earlyriser, CJ Dawe, 2 invisible), 620 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,483
Posts545,256
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 53 1 2 49 50 51 52 53
Sidelock
Sidelock

From the above, I thought Dave K. was a teacher. Ah no, couldn't be spouting that nonsense. It's a person called Kimberley Bloom Jackson published by The American Thinker. Look 'em up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

WHO? is Obama? Wasn't he president once? TRUMP won! Stop kicking a DEAD horse and move on....sheees...

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can cry and stamp your feet all you want,facts King are FACTS, and your beloved Dems/Liberal/Progressives are circling the drain.The party is doomed.

As we have told time and time again-America and Americans-which you know know so little about,are a center right conservative country that rejects big government and now you see the chickens have come home to roost !

Go back to telling us stories about your time with anti-semite's racists like JFK, Booby and Joe we always enjoy the bs stories you dream up

Last edited by Dave K; 11/23/16 07:35 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
WHO? is Obama? Wasn't he president once? TRUMP won! Stop kicking a DEAD horse and move on....sheees...

I would say with one percenter elected the future has arrived. The future does not belong to those that have to work for living, but to those that inherit billions. They will become new Kings/Queens like those that existed in the past. It is useless to talk about what happened because regular people can do nothing about it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....There is simply no longer any justification for not deciding all elections on the basis of a vote tally. If there were no Electoral College, how would that lead to Californians deciding where I can hunt? Slow down; take a deep breath. Your skipping too many steps for folks to follow.

Bill, read the first two sentences that I highlighted.

First sentence, you're saying I want a straight up popular vote.

In the second sentence, you don't seem to understand that California has a larger population than Montana. If the folks of Montana and California got together to have a popular vote to decide on hunting regulations, which state would be more influential.

Even though you were condescending to me, I'll try again. Republicans don't spend a minute of time or a dime on campaigning in kali for a national election. I firmly believe, if the game changes to popular votes, the R's would motivate the base in California, and in that state alone would make up your two million.

How about senators, if it's all about population counts, why doesn't Montana send it's senators to where the people are? Even if you prefer to ignore it, I truly hope places like ny city and la don't change Montana through the fed gov, just because they had the numbers to put up a larger vote total.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister

I would say with one percenter elected the future has arrived. The future does not belong to those that have to work for living, but to those that inherit billions. They will become new Kings/Queens like those that existed in the past. It is useless to talk about what happened because regular people can do nothing about it.

Pretty cynical, since the election was about those very issues. Trump ran on improving the lives on those who work for a living. And he's beholden to none of those that have inherited billions.I'd say it was regular people who elected him.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
....The future does not belong to those that have to work for living, but to those that inherit billions....

You should hook up the ole brain up Jm. Why don't you look up what the gov says hill spent loosing and the relative peanuts that Trump spent to win the Presidential election. If you allow yourself, you would be in awe.

I may be mistaken, but isn't Trump going to contractually restrict any of his cabinet from becoming a lobbyist for five years, and a lifetime banning from lobbying for a foreign government? If you didn't prejudge workers as substandard, you might realize that your class warfare talking points just don't matter to them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

US media in deep remorse, all sorts of mea culpas, we-shouldn't-done it for pile-on poor reporting and hundreds of millions of free promotion for Trump.

As for restricting lobbying common to other countries, consider unprecedented Trump's musing of skirting conflict of interest, reported by Forbes:

"As President-elect Donald Trump starts to lay down the groundwork for his move to the White House, a host of questions has cropped up about what will happen to his multi-billion dollar empire during his time in the Oval Office. While running mate Mike Pence will head the efforts for a peaceful transition of power, the handover of Trump’s business ventures will be even less straightforward. With ongoing litigation involving his businesses and nine-figure debt to a foreign bank, it remains to be seen how Trump will handle the scores of conflict of interest issues that will arise.

"The wealthiest Commander-in-Chief in American history will be exempt from conflict of interest statutes and most prohibitions against gifts (as are all U.S. presidents and vice presidents), so nothing stops Trump from maintaining the status quo and running his business from the White House. He’ll have to file a Federal Elections Committee disclosure document annually, which lists his assets and income. Tax returns, which Trump has steadfastly refused to release, do not have to be made available to the public.

"The Donald, who listed roughly 500 companies (some operational, some defunct) on his latest FEC filing, including ones for his new Washington D.C. hotel and Scotland golf resorts, has expressed multiple times that he will walk away from his businesses to focus on his presidential duties. Longtime counsel Michael Cohen recently told CNN that the Trump Organization chairman will sever all connections and put his assets into a blind trust, leaving them for his three oldest children — Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric — to manage.

"However, that’s not as easy as it sounds. “You typically cannot simply transfer existing assets into a blind trust. As a practical matter it’s likely a complete non-starter,” says Leslie Kiernan, a partner at law firm Akin Gump and a former Deputy White House Counsel under President Barack Obama. For the trust owner to be truly “blind” to his portfolio, the assets typically have to be liquidated first, Kiernan says. The cash can then be funneled into the trust, to be managed by an independent trustee approved by the Office of Government Ethics. Trump would not receive any information on what has been bought or sold with his money, though he could get reports on how much income the portfolio generated as a whole.

"This means the New York billionaire would have to sell prized properties like Manhattan’s Trump Tower or Palm Beach’s Mar-a-Lago, and give control of his company to a virtual stranger instead of his children. Moreover, some of his holdings, such as his 30% stake in two office towers majority owned by real estate investment firm Vornado, cannot be sold unless he acquires his partner’s consent."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
US media in deep remorse, all sorts of mea culpas, we-shouldn't-done it for pile-on poor reporting and hundreds of millions of free promotion for Trump.

As for restricting lobbying common to other countries, consider unprecedented Trump's musing of skirting conflict of interest, reported by Forbes:

"As President-elect Donald Trump starts to lay down the groundwork....

The 'media' hasn't learned any lessons, and it's a beautiful thing. Trump is still the news item, ongoing promotion worth untold millions, confirming that all the media has in its righteous quiver is hollow racism and misogyny talking points.

Shouldn't we be spending our lobbying, pardon me, media efforts on the elusive legacy issue?

King, you could sprain a typing finger. Isn't the important point that it's the start of a process. Didn't the formerly righteous snowden era wikileaker show the world that when trusted inner circle staff advises an infirm also ran tyrant about the pitfalls of foundationing, it's best to ignore it and rake as many hundred millions as possible?

You do realize that ready or not, a few radical left wing tax philosophers aren't going to block the transition in January. Why not write them and tell them to knock off the free advertising?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fascinating. To have a President who is already very successful and rich, as opposed to the typical politician who becomes rich because of his office.

No doubt something will be worked out, so as not to punish Trump for his success prior to becoming President.

Of course, his political enemies will make what they can of it, since success is evil, as is already happening.

Hmmm, "transition in disarray, need for recounts, business issues, press relations, extremest staff picks, etc.". All merely the creation of the false narratives to support whatever the "Big lie du jour" is. I'm sure we can count on Sralin to parrot each and every one.

Last edited by Ken61; 11/23/16 11:17 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Page 51 of 53 1 2 49 50 51 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.