May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
12 members (Borderbill, 1574trap, earlyriser, buckstix, Buzz, 2 invisible), 513 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,448
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 53 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 52 53
Dave Weber #462619 11/17/16 01:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

"As far as this thread"

Although I certainly do have an appreciation for their canned jams and their unique style of bacon.

Both of which have been more impactful and significant to my life than King's irrelevant and insulting comments.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Ken61 #462621 11/17/16 01:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
"As far as this thread"

Although I certainly do have an appreciation for their canned jams and their unique style of bacon.

Both of which have been more impactful and significant to my life than King's irrelevant and insulting comments.

You do realize that Canada is a "small" county with population similar to State of California, right? You expect too much from them.

Dave Weber #462622 11/17/16 01:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

They look so much bigger on the map. I'm also grateful for the money their Snowbirds bring to us each Winter, as well as the health care tourists escaping the utopia of the Canadian system. Not to mention all the Winter Wheat for our breads and pasta. Hopefully now we'll also be getting that wonderful Tar Sand oil through the new pipeline.

Last edited by Ken61; 11/17/16 01:38 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
King Brown #462624 11/17/16 02:22 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....My opinion of where Canada spends its money currently as a sovereign nation to the worlds advantage is in doing its part in taking in refugees from Syria as part of its collective responsibility for the consequences of Iraq. From any military and humanitarian perspective, its arguably of greater value to the world....

Commendable. It is unfortunate though that three fourths of Canadians surveyed now have significant regrets. Reprehensible, righteous?, is young Canadian girls being subject to violent sexual assault in the name of cultural tolerance. Still, an important investment for progress.

Unfortunately, Canadian natives are subject to double the rate of violent crime, but are pacified with various intoxicants. Maybe, we're cutting corner when it comes to prioritizing how we spend our money? There's a feel good video though of gaddafi getting dragged through the streets and tortured to death, a policy that has stabilized iraq and thus trickled down to syria.

You may now send the refugees back. They thank you for the hospitality, and will load aps into their phones to replay the victory laps bo is taking on his farewell tour. T-shirts and doormats available @the bo foundationdotcom, website under construction.

Dave Weber #462626 11/17/16 02:53 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

craigd #462630 11/17/16 04:20 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

craig, countries are obliged to do things for which majorities may not agree. Refugees don't leave their homes and homelands without good reasons. They are dependant on the kindness of strangers. Canada with a tenth of the US population decided to take in vastly more than the US---175,000 to 1700?--- because it's the right thing to do.

Similarly Canadians on most days would vote to bring back capital punishment but it's not what modern societies do for good reasons---except for the US. Not to put too fine a point on it, an American minority just elected a new president with a much lower approval rating than the incumbent to smash their unrepresentative governance and start over again.

Americans did this from loathing and fear, living on two distinct planets, with the full knowledge that the man who would change everything to their wishes would discover through the country's deep divisions and the Constitution's division of powers, all those vaunted checks and balances, he is powerless to keep those main promises, as did Obama.

You won't send him back nor Canada its refugees because our sovereign people know it's the right thing to do. We know from experience that Canada can't survive as a great country without New Canadians, and that immigrants do better in the work force and educational achievement than those born in this country. It's easier for Canada to accommodate multiculturalism. It doesn't suffer from two civil wars---you called the first a revolution---and unerasable racial wounds.

Best of luck, dear America, best of luck.

Dave Weber #462632 11/17/16 04:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, Dear King...I just got back from a stay with my Over educated Cousin in Toronto..( TWO PHD's). I am not sure everyone in Canada agrees with you on the Syrian influx...I hope it works out for you..I really do...

Last Dollar #462639 11/17/16 05:23 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Always risks in anything worth doing, LD, even in a country striving to make a multicultural society. I remember when you wouldn't see a person of colour in Toronto. There are seven Syrian families already in the nearby 5,000 pop university town of Antigonish, two already in business for themselves. Two of my hammer-and-saw conservative hunting buddies, one a Newfoundlander and the other a retired Greek restauranteur, helped build a Syrian chocolatier's shop from scratch; the prime minister mentioned it at the United Nations. I look at all of it with a curious and optimistic eye because my forebearers were here before the Europeans came. Nitap (good day in Mi'kmaq.) And thanks.

King Brown #462649 11/17/16 06:39 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Not to put too fine a point on it, an American minority just elected a new president with a much lower approval rating than the incumbent....

....the man who would change everything to their wishes....

....nor Canada its refugees because our sovereign people know it's the right thing to do. We know from experience that Canada can't survive as a great country without New Canadians....

....Best of luck, dear America, best of luck....

King, if there's one thing we learned, it's don't trust the polls. Perhaps, you're only polling the 25% that agree with you and approve of bo? Might I suggest a wider sampling.

Slash and burn only works in Canadian timber country. Only bo can give minorities everything their hearts desire. Trump can't grant wishes, hang on maybe he can, he sent hill packing, okay, bad example.

Don't be so quick to assume the 'new' Canadians will enhance the motherland's survival. Keep in mind, nothing good ever comes from these situations, or so I'm told. By the way, check your numbers, I don't think you folks are being quite so magnanimous towards syrian chocolatiers as you're thinking.

If it's going to come down to luck, doesn't it look like America is making her own luck?

craigd #462650 11/17/16 06:50 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

From what the rest of the world is saying, they think hell would be an improvement for America. Check out the current The Economist. It's telling its significant American readership that the US is on a dangerous and pessimistic path with China, Russia and Turkey, Trumpanomics even more costly to America than Reaganomics.

Page 37 of 53 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.