May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jeremy Pearce, 1 invisible), 368 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,800
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mergus
Genalang, I've never hunted in Georgia and can't claim know what it's like to deal with Law Enforcement of any type there, but I can tell you, for a fact, that the Md DNR is an adversarial entity to hunters.

Mergus

Likewise, I've never hunted in MD. They may be considered adversarial to hunters here, but to someone obeying the laws, I don't see how. They don't write up those not guilty of breaking a game law.

In Chicago, cops are seen as adversarial to gang members because they won't let them do what they want to. Is this the same sort of adversarial relationship you're talking about?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Thank god for our lawyers.

I see our resident atheist anti-gun Troll still uses a lower case "g" when he refers to God. But for some reason, things are different when he refers to Mohammed:

Like many Canadians, I'm of two minds of whether the cartoon of the Prophet should have been re-published.

Of course, if King had his way, lead shot would be banned, and there would be no reason to check shells:

Lead is dead.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanking God for lawyers is like thanking pedophiles for slowing down in school zones.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Genelang
Thanking God for lawyers is like thanking pedophiles for slowing down in school zones.

When cops get in trouble their first phone call isn't to their pastor.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When cops get in trouble, it's something serious and they need a lawyer. Unlike many here who feel they're hassled for being required to follow rules that would result in a citation.

No disrespect to lawyers on the board, of course. I have known many lawyers and only a few of them were dirty. Knew one cop who was dirty and he went to jail. Cops and lawyers are adversarial, but that's how the system works. Cops and citizens should not be adversarial, except by those who don't obey laws. Then it's a cop/GW's job to bring them in.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Game Wardens, in MD, are not a hunters or fisherman's friend. Not even close to it. When I lived there, they had a lot of new young ones who thought that they were policemen, with police powers, when they are game wardens, not real cops. MD hires their State Policemen to a far higher standard than their Game Wardens. MD is a very Liberal state with most of the top people firmly in a liberal mindset of I know best attitude about everything and the game wardens reflect this.

Part of the problem is numbers. Thirty years ago they started expanding the force from about fifty to five times that now. But at the same time the numbers hunters has crashed. There were 262 Wardens for the state which has 23 counties and the city of Baltimore to police. So figure 10 working Wardens per county. Now most counties are less than thirty miles square. They trip over each other and you get multiple people doing the same things. I've been checked three times, in a single day, by three different game wardens while quail hunting. Any chance to write up a citation, for even the most trivial thing has to be done by them because their is nothing to do and they need to justify their time. The same applies for their regulation of fishing. Just over whelming numbers worry the heck out of people. They are not well loved or even that respected by those who have frequent contact with them.

My contact with game wardens has taken me to more than a dozen states hunting and fishing. Never had a single problem with them other than the ones in MD. None are like the MD ones. I am sure that there are some who are out there, but all the ones I have encountered are regular guys doing a job. It is a mindset that they get from the top.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Possum Police"...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Game Wardens in GA have police powers. Sounds like MD has some badge-heavy wardens. But the math quoted above is off...probably 25% of the total is riding a desk in Baltimore.

Game wardens aren't hunters' friends. And aren't supposed to be. Hunters certainly are not GW's friends, if the prevailing feelings in this thread are correct. So I'm a bit surprised that MD hunters expect friendship from a group they hold in such contempt. I've yet to read here about someone here getting a ticket on a bum rap. But maybe I missed it.

Respect is a two-way street.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

king my property is in a elk migration area,i have had doubts weather you are a gun owner and hunter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They have always been gentlemen to me. Cops first but gentlemen. Me not knowing I had to have the $5.50 migratory bird thingy cost me $365.00 on a duck hunt though. Had the hunting license, wma and stamp but not that. Not his fault but Judge Rooney Bowen lll gets the finger for yelling at me with the wrong information

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.