April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (HistoricBore, DaveB, SKB, 2 invisible), 1,089 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,147
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 49 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 48 49
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: skeettx
John, why would you get the screw fixed?
That would be the start of an expensive process,
Then the stock, then the metal finish, then the ......
What a deep hole smile

Oh, I understand what you're saying, but restraint is a virtue.
That screw head is all I see in that picture.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John, I do understand, please forward to me a new screw, properly colored and I will install it smile

Thursday Morning
I LOVE RETIREMENT!!!

John, ADDED
Zamacola Hermanos, Spain

Last edited by skeettx; 09/08/16 09:12 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now THAT is a nice shotgun. AyA?
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Happiness is a wild sunflower field, a good dog, and a 1922 Sauer with AA featherlites......

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice picture, Gary. I am going to introduce "native" sunflowers to my part of GA next January or February. I'm sick of planting these Perodovik types for the deer to eat 35% of the field before they get 12" high. Deer won't mess with those "wild" ones I am told.

Having a field of them repopulate each year with no more than a light harrowing would be nice. The kind we grow are too darn expensive to plant for the deer to eat them up.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

We enjoyed another good dove shoot this afternoon. This time over a small burnt off corn field. A few Blue Wing Teal flew the field out of a small cypress pond in one corner. The Teal season opened today but I haven't bought a duck stamp yet so I held my fire. Guys picked up a couple.

I shot the fancy BSA I posted pictures of a few weeks ago and I'm glad to say it worked perfectly and it's a death ray on doves...Geo

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, well today was our Grouse/Hun opener, I was out with my son Jim, daughter Teresa and a last minute buddy, Rick. It was a beautiful day, warm, sunny and nice breeze. We wanted to hunt one area, but couldn't get to it, got a bunch of rain that turned the road into grease. So we hunted another section of the ranch. We saw quite a few birds, but most were really wild, wouldn't hold point. But we did manage to get some to hold. Rick got one, Jim and Teresa didn't connect. I was able to limit. I was using my new 28ga Dickinson. Nice handling gun and an easy carry, I must say that I was impressed with the old girl.

Here's my birds and the Dickinson:

Here's Raina. She really did well. Had some nice points, held the birds (the ones we got!) and worked very well. I was really happy with her!

Going to go out again, so we'll see how we fair.

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amarillo Gun Club's favorite Curmudgeon Joe Lane Wood working on a limit of doves with his Webley & Scott....and I didn't have to give him any shooting lessons. I had to include one good gun in this, hence the 16 ga. 21

Sidelock
Sidelock

Today
Went Teal hunting in the morning
Then Dove hunting in the afternoon

Trap Grade L.C. Smith

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, went out again today, much warmer than yesterday (in the 80's) Didn't see as many grouse as yesterday, but did see a lot more young pheasants. It was a good day for me, I was able to limit out ( I managed a double on one group, happy with that!) and my 14 year old daughter Teresa, got her first bird hunting. I was very proud of her, one shot (the only one of the day) and one bird. Raina did very well today, nice points and held the birds more often than not.

Anyway, here's the crew:

Rick Timmers:

My Son Jim and Teresa:

Teresa and her first bird. She was using a 20ga Condor Youth O/U:

My birds, I was using my Charles Hellis 16b:

And......Raina:

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Page 7 of 49 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.