May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Dan R, Chantry, earlyriser, Lloyd3, fullandfuller, dogon), 1,030 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,542
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Smokeshot, I'm the "James" King refers to and we are old friends on this board who hold remarkably differing views, except we like each other.

Every once in a while, King will make an assertion about the legality of this or that in relation to guns up here in the Great White North and just as often, I find myself compelled to clarify his misinformation and obfuscation.

So while it's true we don't need to bother with an equivalent of the FFL, we all need to be licensed gun owners, a privilege earned at our government's discretion, as long as we are talking about non prohibited or restricted long guns.

As soon as the subject becomes our "restricted and prohibited" weapons, which include all hand guns and most scary black gun types, our laws and regs are rather draconian and have been since 1935.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

And, James: misinformation and obfuscation in the above, please.

Restricted and prohibited---handguns and AR15s---were covered, with Dave's generous assistance.

There's less regulatory rigamarole in Canada.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Smokeshot, I'm the "James" King refers to and we are old friends on this board who hold remarkably differing views, except we like each other.

Every once in a while, King will make an assertion about the legality of this or that in relation to guns up here in the Great White North and just as often, I find myself compelled to clarify his misinformation and obfuscation.

So while it's true we don't need to bother with an equivalent of the FFL, we all need to be licensed gun owners, a privilege earned at our government's discretion, as long as we are talking about non prohibited or restricted long guns.

As soon as the subject becomes our "restricted and prohibited" weapons, which include all hand guns and most scary black gun types, our laws and regs are rather draconian and have been since 1935.

James, thank you for your timely and concise explanation of the situation across the border. The licensing situation was what I had been getting at. I don't believe King would have exposed himself to serious legal liability by transferring a firearm to an unlicensed party within Canada.

I mean no disrespect towards King, but to be clear, in the vast majority of the United States, private transactions need to 4473 paperwork to transfer a firearm in the same manner which King described. The 4473 is only required at the initial point of sale from an FFL. (New York now in fact requires an FFL for every private gun transfer. I doubt that Canadians - even King - would be happy with New York gun laws.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Seems like our thread is drawing a lot of traffic tonight.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....member who lost his Party.

Found it! It was misfiled under, I'm with her. Often said to be equivalent, there's a clear distinction. Now, has anyone seen bill and that new intern? They're supposed to be playing hide the secret files.

Sidelock
Sidelock

James, Smokeshot won't believe me because he says I'm a liar and ignorant of the law. It would be helpful if someone explained to him the legal consequences of providing a gun to a person who does not have a PAL. I believe he now understands I would not be liable if someone acted on what I said earlier of an different circumstance. And on the net, zilch! (I taught liability, libel and slander to newsrooms and at university.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

James, Smokeshot won't believe me because he says I'm a liar and ignorant of the law. It would be helpful if someone explained to him the legal consequences of providing a gun to a person who does not have a PAL. I believe he now understands I would not be liable if someone acted on what I said earlier of an different circumstance. And on the net, zilch! (I taught liability, libel and slander to newsrooms and at university.)

See the above post.

You are deliberately misquoting me or you're nuts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....I taught liability, libel and slander to newsrooms and at university....

It begs the question. Why wasn't truth and honesty taught?

Sidelock
Sidelock

craigd:
And so the King
Is once again my guest
And why is this?
Was smokeshot unimpressed?

King:
I look for truth
And find that I get damned

craigd:
What is truth?
Is truth unchanging law?
We both have truths
Are mine the same as yours?

Sidelock
Sidelock

....I taught liability, libel and slander to newsrooms and at university....

Yeah, sure you did King. That's about as believable as your "Award Winning Wine" which, as it turns out, was actually produced by someone else.

So tell us, why are you misquoting Smokeshot? It certainly didn't take him long to realize the sort of person you are. And why won't you tell us whether or not you can go out and legally purchase a .25 or .32 caliber handgun with your PAL? Those who want to know the truth about the subject can click this link since they won't be getting the truth from you:

http://www.gunownersresource.com/faq/what-guns-are-banned-in-canada/

Do you seriously think that illegal trafficking in guns would cease if we had PAL's instead of FFL's and Form 4473's? And what would it matter to you anyway if you sold a gun to someone without a PAL? Aren't you above the law, like Hillary Clinton? Do you remember when you called me a liar for reminding everyone that you illegally transported a handgun in your airplane and even illegally crossed the U.S. border with it several times? You repeated that lie until I used a direct QUOTE by you to prove that it was actually you who was lying to us. Again. This is from your Misfires post #360486 on 3/10/2014 concerning the legality of pistol usage in Canada:

Carry is mostly prohibited but the Mounties told me when I bought my first one 60-odd years ago that I'd never have any trouble anywhere if I used common sense, not do something foolish with people around. Used it in our wide open spaces and forgot to remove it several times crossing the border in my aircraft.

Do you remember what Canvasback had to say about your illegal transport of handguns in Canada... and apparently even across the border?

King, the advice the Mounties gave you regarding your pistol is dated. Moving your pistol around as you've described is contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada and if you are caught you will likely lose the right to own any gun of any sort for the balance of your life.

But even more precious was how you went on and on for several days calling me a liar and dishonestly claiming that the gun that I told about you illegally transporting in your plane was a Savage Model 24 .22/20 ga.

Deflect? Keet shifts his recent admission of his lie about Jim and Soros to my RCMP advice on use of a pistol 60-odd years ago. He also shifts my use of a pistol to flying with a pistol. My survival firearm is a Savage 24 .22-20ga.

And one would think by now that you'd know James (canvasback) isn't going to let you get away with your frequent misinformation and sins of omission concerning Canadian firearms laws. In all of the many times he has corrected you, you have never been able to refute him:

What an utter fraud! Do you think that endlessly repeating bullshit will make it become true?

Poor Smokeshot, relatively new to this site, probably thought he was participating in a Double Gun forum. But he has actually stumbled into the King-Zone, more bizarre than the Twilight Zone, where truth and reality are suspended and staunch supporters of anti-gunnners claim to be pro-gun.

Originally Posted By: Smokeshot
You are deliberately misquoting me or you're nuts.

Ummmmm, in this case Smokeshot, in Re: King Brown... the correct answer would be "All of the above!"

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.