May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gerry Addison, SKB, 1 invisible), 918 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,486
Posts545,296
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I can buy a gun without a sheet of paper. anywhere in Canada, no FFLs etc. No 20,000 gun laws cited by another member, just a federal one, no squabbling about enforcements night and day in thousands of constituencies over Second Amendment interpretations, no nastiness and alienation over gun laws.

My family has no need to carry for personal safety. It doesn't live in a slaughterhouse. I am a liberal in ascendency in every modern country including the US. We're blessed to have US as neighbour, most powerful and influential in the world, still surpassingly great while recovering from a nervous breakdown.

With all due respect, why are you neglecting to tell forum members about the Possession and Acquisition License you are required to hold before purchasing a firearm?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Paul Harm
King, exactly what are you referring to " Other than that, Canadian gunners have more freedom than the US regulatory rigamarole ". The only federal law that effects me when buying a gun from a dealer is two sheets of paper. When buying privately there is nothing if it's a long gun, and my CPL takes care of pistol purchases. Thankfully I don't live in a state with state laws restricting conceal carry. My daughter, wife, and myself all carry everyday. That statement you made that I referred to - it's almost funny how you have to get your little " dig " into the USA. Then you try to give everyone half baked excuses for your statements. They don't cut it - everyone knows you're a liberal Winnie.

"Other then that Mrs Lincoln how was the play ?"

Agree 100% Paul !
King knows well how gun owners here would not stand for the restrictive gun laws those Subject's in Canada have to deal with due to the "lullers" like King !
Your correct no one on here believes his lies no matter how many times he regurgitates them year after year!

In the end he is just some progressive clown in a foreign land watching a liberal world order dream circling the bowl here and other countries,has no clue and NO SAY.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't feel a need for PAL mention because I was responding to the aforementioned "two pieces of paper." To sell a firearm legally all I need to know is that the owner has a PAL, no exchange or signing of papers of any kind. Canada does not have a database other than citizens who have taken a safety course. Canada doesn't know if I have a gun or how many. PAL permits buying and selling firearms to those who have shown they can use them safely. A national consensus of reasonable accommodation is preferable to Canada than an enduring, tiresome and never-ending national debate about regulations and constitutional rights.

Sidelock
Sidelock

yea and he also "forgot"(aka lies about) this;

" A registration certificate, required for restricted and prohibited firearms, identifies a firearm and links the firearm to its owner to provide a means of tracking the firearm.

Q3. What are the different classes of firearms?

A3. There are three classes of firearms: non-restricted, restricted and prohibited.

Non-restricted firearms are ordinary rifles and shotguns, other than those referred to below.

Restricted firearms include:

handguns that are not prohibited;
semi-automatic, centre-fire rifles and shotguns with a barrel shorter than 470 mm;
rifles and shotguns that can be fired when their overall length has been reduced by folding, telescoping or other means to less than 660 mm; and
firearms restricted by Criminal Code Regulations.

Prohibited firearms include:

handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm or less and handguns that discharge .25 or .32 calibre ammunition, except for a few specific ones used in International Shooting Union competitions;

and this:

. What is the maximum number of cartridges that a firearm magazine can legally hold?

A7. As set out in Criminal Code Regulations, some large-capacity magazines are prohibited regardless of the class of firearm to which the magazines are attached. As a general rule, the maximum magazine capacity is:

5 cartridges for most magazines designed for a semi-automatic centre-fire long gun; or
10 cartridges for most handgun magazines

A large-capacity magazine is not prohibited if it has been permanently altered so that it cannot hold more than the number of cartridges allowed by law. Acceptable ways to alter a magazine are set out in the regulations.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't feel a need for PAL mention because I was responding to the aforementioned "two pieces of paper." To sell a firearm legally all I need to know is that the owner has a PAL, no exchange or signing of papers of any kind. Canada does not have a database other than citizens who have taken a safety course. Canada doesn't know if I have a gun or how many. PAL permits buying and selling firearms to those who have shown they can use them safely. A national consensus of reasonable accommodation is preferable to Canada than an enduring, tiresome and never-ending national debate about regulations and constitutional rights.

If the issue is whether Canadian gun laws are the most draconian in the world, we really have no disagreement there - they are far from the worst in the world. If the issue is whether the long gun registry has been eliminated, again, there is no debate about that.

But respectfully, I am simply asking you a basic "yes" or "no" question: May a Canadian citizen purchase a firearm without a PAL?

Last edited by Smokeshot; 09/05/16 12:38 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your message points to another angle to strengthening public support for our shooting activities: trust no organization. You've mentioned other worthy organizations than NRA that concern themselves with our interests. The NRA and our comparatively minuscule National Firearms Association are needed national voices, all equally trustworthy as representing our particular interests.

What I learned from the campaign to rid Canada of its long gun registry---which may be unprecedented anywhere in turning back federal firearms legislation---is that our National Firearms Association of extremely limited financial and organizational resources made a quietly strategic appeal to Reason over the widest public fronts, an appeal to responsible citizenship more than a need of those who wanted to preserve their traditional pursuits.

I have to declare an interest here as president of the most powerful and influential and fastest growing private woodlot owner organization in Canada, and possibly anywhere. Our organization went down the wrong path several times during 50 years I've been a founder, evangelist and leader. Loyal to its membership always but responding democratically the wrong way by not seeing a bigger picture.

It's absolutely critical to support and contribute to "our" organizations national, state and provincial---and the local level particularly because that's where we're judged by all the other publics, of which there are more of them than us. Canada, not the NFA by itself, overturned the registry when its citizens saw it as inimical to its public interests, wasteful and diminishing Canadian values. A cocky, divisive them-and-us will get us nowhere.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No---and for the perfectly good reason citizens from coast to coast to coast voted for it in a federal election: peace, order and good government. It shows, doesn't it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No---and for the perfectly good reason citizens from coast to coast to coast voted for it in a federal election: peace, order and good government. It shows, doesn't it?

If an attorney gave the convoluted misinformation about purchasing a firearm like you have given, their license to practice law could (should) be suspended and they may or may not face civil and criminal penalties.

See: http://globalnews.ca/news/1378685/firearms-in-canada-how-is-someone-able-to-get-a-gun/

and:

http://www.howtogetagun.ca

and also:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/information/lic-per-eng.htm

Without question, Canadian gun owners have to cut through more bureaucratic red tape to purchase a firearm than their American neighbors. Period, end of discussion.

Last edited by Smokeshot; 09/05/16 11:51 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

No. Why aren't your people trusted to own any firearm other than full auto? Are conceal carry permits issued ? We have a 2nd Amendment for good reasons - to keep the government in it's place and to overthrow it if necessary. Smokeshot, I don't know what a " Possession and Acquisition License " is. Please explain.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, Canadians voted for and accommodate the consequences of these regulations, such as they are, as preferable to the egregious and agreed sham of the subject of this thread. I feel no infringements on my shooting activities nor a need to carry in public places for my safety.

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.