May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (R Reynolds, Marks_21, eeb, Jusanothajoe, 2 invisible), 1,042 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,549
Members14,416
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

foxie: are you tellin us they now have dog fights at college foolball games? you have told some whoppers here, but that one beats all...unless this is some kind of new half time gimmick to keep michael vic and his ilk from switching channels before the second half?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am not a college man, so college football is not on my Fall watch list-sports wise. And Micheal Vick was playing for the Atlanta Falcons when he got into deep Kimshee with his dog-fighting and sports gambling endeavor- not playing for any college football team when that sorry and sad story came out.

Come Fall, I like NFL games on Sunday afternoons, and also the World Series as it unfolds. Someday, someday- the Cubbies will win one.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

so you an vic are buds? did you an him train war dogs together and then take it commercial when you got back into civies?

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

How about putting it down, Ed? Your antagonistic comments of that nature only denigrate the site. I know you have the ability to be civil and would kindly appreciate your being so. Not trying to be offensive, so pls. refrain from throwing a gauntlet my direction; I'll not pick it up.

Back to the OP's concerns.. date conflicts unfortunately occur everywhere from time to time. One simply has to choose and go forth. Politely expressing your disappointment to both venues might propagate a better dialogue between them in the future, or not. I do think it important to let both know that you were forced into choosing when it was your intention to shoot both.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike and Susan Koneski of Rock Mountain picked the September 22-23-24-25 of 2016 dates for their 2016 SXS shoot back in September of 2015 and announced these 2016 dates back in September of 2015. The new Vintagers announced their new SXS shoot at Wing Pointe in Pennsylvania at a Grouse Hall SXS Shoot in March of 2016. Mike Koneski was in attendance at this Grouse Hall shoot. I was in attendance at this GH shoot too. Everybody remained polite but we were all wondering what in the world were these guys thinking. In April of 2016 at The Southern SXS in Sanford, NC these new Vintagers were in full defense mode trying to justify their foolish decision to hold the new Vintage SXS Shoot on the same dates already claimed by Mike and Susan of Rock Mountain. Gentlemen, There are 4 Saturdays, 4 weekends, in September of 2016, these new Vintagers had 3 other weekends to choose from. There is no excuse for what these new Vintagers have done....Respectfully, Jent P Mitchell III

Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jent P Mitchell lll
Mike and Susan Koneski of Rock Mountain picked the September 22-23-24-25 of 2016 dates for their 2016 SXS shoot back in September of 2015 and announced these 2016 dates back in September of 2015. The new Vintagers announced their new SXS shoot at Wing Pointe in Pennsylvania at a Grouse Hall SXS Shoot in March of 2016. Mike Koneski was in attendance at this Grouse Hall shoot. I was in attendance at this GH shoot too. Everybody remained polite but we were all wondering what in the world were these guys thinking. In April of 2016 at The Southern SXS in Sanford, NC these new Vintagers were in full defense mode trying to justify their foolish decision to hold the new Vintage SXS Shoot on the same dates already claimed by Mike and Susan of Rock Mountain. Gentlemen, There are 4 Saturdays, 4 weekends, in September of 2016, these new Vintagers had 3 other weekends to choose from. There is no excuse for what these new Vintagers have done....Respectfully, Jent P Mitchell III

Thank you Jent for laying out the facts as that is my understanding too. I was told by one of the New Vintager,s that the reason they picked this weekend was, get this, "That is our weekend" even though they hadn't had a shoot in two years it's still their weekend, come on.... Like what was pointed out in Jent's post, there were three other weekends in Sept. to choose from and the planners of the Vintage event knew of the shoot at Mike's long before they announced their shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think of Michael Vick and the way he abused God's best creation for $-and no doubt, fixed games for the vegas boys when he played in the NFL-and I think of the Sicilian word- "Infamita" Why ever did Philly take him back for the Eagles-after he did his too short prison term. He is like Mike Tyson- a mean cruel thug that God gifted with a great athlete's body, and used his position in the sports world to abuse and kill innocent animals, for his own pleasure and profit.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

The four major collectors organizations (LC Smith, Parker, Fox, and Lefever) will have tables at the Rock Mountain event. We were all there last year when the event was held on Labor Day weekend. There was a lot of discussion that this was not ideal because a lot of families closed out the summer with Labor Day events. At the time the only the September event was the Orvis Game Fair. Mike and Susan suggested the last weekend of September and asked the collectors association leaders if they would return. Speaking for the Lefever Arms Collectors Association I agreed that we would return. I understand that the others did the same.

I was contacted sometime this spring about having the LACA attend the Vintagers event instead. When I learned of the date I questioned the rationale of scheduling on top of Rock Mountain. I, too, got the "this is our weekend in perpetuity" answer.
I had to inform them that I had given my word to Mike and Susan 6 months prior. Mike informed me that it was too late to change his date as 6 months of planning had already taken place.

In my opinion a man's integrity depends on the worth of his word. We will be attending Rock Mountain's event as promised. I assume this was the response of our sister collectors associations as I know all of their leaders to be men of integrity. If the Vintagers had selected a different weekend we would have attended both events.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

+1 DrBob's comments!

Sidelock
Sidelock

foxie: on vic, and other people who abuse animals and other innocent creatures, we can agree. it is a mystery why some of us are so mean and cruel, particularly to those who cannot fight to defend themselves from abuse...and my apology for jerking your chain...

Last edited by ed good; 08/17/16 01:38 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.