May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (UncleKP, 1 invisible), 850 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,853
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

We don't live on bread alone. Either way, the AR15 or any other gun won't make a difference whether you live or die. Guns alone will never take down the greatest democracy the world has known. This is craziness, as Geo says.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is craziness. The veep proclaimed all we need to protect our home and family is available at the double gun shop. Don't mention building a collection though, that might be flagged as an arsenal. Oh, and just for clarity, unless you're a Canadian optics maker, don't use a system for reloading.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
This is craziness

Really? Tell that to the unprepared people who experienced Katrina. Disaster preparedness is a good thing and an AR is one part of it.

During hurricane Ike, we went 3 weeks without power. Some of the unprepared got goofy and unpredictable. I learned a lot from that experience, both about people helping people and the darker side as well. A crash course for sure.

I am much better prepared now, in many ways. When all the marbles hit the ground, the biggest mistake was underestimating the amount of fuel it takes to run the generator for an extended time. We are now dual fuel capable and I can go approx 3 month if managed properly. My AR never left my side for 3 weeks.

I'll never forget cooking my son's birthday cake on the outside grill. smile

Take it for what its worth.
But then again, I guess we can all sit on our asses acting like baby birds waiting to be fed.

Last edited by ithaca1; 08/05/16 12:49 PM.

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's it, King. Run for the hills, the Highland way. Or just show 'em yer bright red arse!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had ARs for years, until a few years ago. Mine were very accurate and used for target shooting. If it all goes downhill, which isn't going to happen, anything is better than nothing, but unless you live in a wilderness where you've got room to stretch out the range and expect to be a rural warrior, an AR is whistling past the graveyard. IF you buy it for apocalypse purposes, that is. For a fun gun, they're great. They're accessorized easily, and a lot of people will take a $800 rifle and bolt on $600 worth of sights, rails, etc.

I'm not a prepper, figure if the SHTF, I'm going to be either outnumbered or outgunned with any shoulder-fired weapon. So I spend my limited dollars on something even more fun...flintlocks, shotguns, Savage 99s, etc.

Last edited by Genelang; 08/05/16 12:48 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was given an AR lower and some parts by a friend when he moved to CA. I had little interest in it but I keep acquiring parts here and there. One day I got bored and finally put it together.

It almost pains me to say it but, those rifles are nice. I never thought I wanted one until I had one. I dont have any thoughts about societal meltdown but you might enjoy the AR. Fun and cheap to shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No weapon you can buy will protect you or your family in case of real calamity. I'm quite familiar with the AR; had one in the Army. I figured out pretty quickly that infantry weapons don't mean much without infantry.

The only weapon that might pull you and your family through is your brain. Be less 'prepared' and more knowledgeable...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Purchase a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle in .223 with a walnut stock and blued metal and a few 20 round magazines. Shopping around, (CDNN Sports in Abilene, Tx) you can get this rig for under a $1,000, probably less, with 3 or 4 magazines. The walnut and blued steel does not look as "sinister" to some people as the black AR does. One rides with me all the time for coyote control around the ranch. You will find out it is a hoot to play with just shooting for fun. Buying .223 ammo in bulk is not a problem and relatively inexpensive compared to some ammo. For dealing with a home invasion, a shotgun is the best, provided it holds more than two rounds. Past 25 yds or so, a criminal with a handgun has the shotgun outclassed.
The Ruger mini-14 is dependable, built like a tank, and entirely accurate enough. A tricked out AR with all the bells and whistles and unnecessary attachments you do not need.
And, as one person said, there is nothing wrong with a good lever action rifle.....a Marlin in .44 magnum holds 10 rounds and reloads fairly quickly.
During the LA riots years ago, the only thing that kept the criminal looters from cleaning out and torching some Korean businesses was the people standing on the roofs of those businesses holding AR-15's in plain sight. (the LA cops being unwilling to enter that section of the city)....the gutter trash rioters immediately turned away from their intended targets.
Certain elements in this country have stated there will be riots and demonstrations before the November election and even more if Trump wins. Such threats are not to be taken lightly, nor is the threat of Islamic terrorism attacks in the U.S. Get a Ruger mini-14.

Last edited by GaryW; 08/05/16 01:35 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good idea to buy now, the price's will be going higher-and less selection the closer we get to Nov elections.
You can buy S/S's later,that market is getting more and more flooded as pointed out in other thread and the prices will continue to slide down
On the low price look at CORE-decent trigger of the money.
Then RRA, and Sig 400 (the enhanced sell well) would be the next step up.
Buy lots of mags too Magpul Pmags are strong sellers.

Be sure to send King lots of pics when you do,so much fun P/O liberals-especially that one in Canada,so he can see what the Second Amendment is really about.

If Billary gets in and they ramp up the Syrian islamic terrorists and other Illegals as planned to bring the country closer to new world order you will be happy you get your black rifle.

I am adding a AR "pistol" to the collection next,has nice short barrel and "arm" brace.Even better then SBR-no tax stamp and can be kept loaded in the car on a carry permit unlike a rifle

Last edited by Dave K; 08/05/16 03:14 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

You can get into an AR for a lot less than $1K. I don't like Mini-14s at all. When I worked in LE, we bought 33 of them for patrol rifles and while adequate, weren't much fun. Not very accurate but that's been a few years ago; I understand they're better now.

Ruger used to hold onto their magazines like they were silver plated, but that's also opened up.

As far as offending others with a sinister black rifle, I didn't go around showing my ARs. No one saw it unless they were at the range where it didn't matter.

The agency I was associated with is upgrading to ARs. Everything is easier to get for an AR, including magazines, they're generally more accurate and aren't as subject to fouling as our Minis were. After firing Wolf brand ammo and then not cleaning the rifles' gas cylinder/piston very quickly, they would rust shut and had to be literally kicked open. Minis are a little trickier to take down, too.

Not a Ruger fan, as I said earlier.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.