May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (gerryk_5, Jason Dubois, playing hooky, R Reynolds, 1 invisible), 293 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,591
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43312 06/11/07 08:17 AM
GFSenn Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I am looking for information on a side lever powder dipper made in England by D&B. I was told that a picture of one was in a Doublegun journal about 10 years ago. Do you have any information on the name of the company that made them and what they are called? Someone told me they were actually made for black powder cartridge reloading. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

GFSenn Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Not one response to this? Hasn't anybody got any information on side lever shot and powder dippers????

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've got one around here someplace if what you're talking about is a dipping measure that's graduated for both powder and shot. I'll dig it out if this is the case. If your major concern is pricing the value of this is modest.
jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 06/20/07 09:02 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
GFSenn Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Jim
Thanks for the repsonse. This is not a standard adjustable dipper.

It was a hand held shot/powder dipper – similar in size and look. It had a small lever on the side of the handle that when pressed, allowed the shot/powder to flow out a hole on the bottom of the dipper. The dipper was more of a cone shape so the pointed bottom end fit into the muzzle. He said it was originally made for black powder cartridge reloading.

He also indicated they sold for $500 if I could find an original from England. He also told me there was a picture of one 10 years ago in one of the double gun journals but noreference to it as it was in the background.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GFS...Check with 'Older Doc" Gun-Vault on Fox Hill, I have repaired several'Very Interesting Loading & Re-Loading'Gizzmos that he has in hisCollection. He has "Stuff that even David Baker did'nt show in his 'Masterfull Edition"of Loading Tools etc.(I Admit I did'nt send a cheque so I dont have a copy) But I think it was Reviewed in SSM & DGJ.....cc

GFSenn Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thank you for the lead - I sent an e-mail giving as much description as I can. My last resort will be to travel to the owner of the one I saw and get some pictures. I will check to see if the library has the David Baker book.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.