Merci Fab. J'ai toujours été curieux de connaître cette marque de fusil de chasse. C'est intéressant de savoir qu'il y en a d'autres. je croyais qu'elle a été fabriquée par Ravat mais rien n'est sûr. René Cosson, Paris? Bonne année. Gene Williams

Fab writes that the name "Wonder" was trademarked by René Cosson, Paris. The firm was founded in 1878 but apparently had its origins in the Middle Ages.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It apparently imported/sold the usual things fabricated by Armuriers at the time including sewing machines ("Original Victoria" being made in Germany - but the girl is obviously French and adorable):

Cosson was listed as an exporter of ammunition in the 1967 Foreign Commerce Weekly:

These Catalogs are from 1955 - 1979. I can't find much more about the firm. I thought my Wonder was older than the 1950's but those catalog entries are compelling.

Note the checkering (quadrillé) allegedly done in Paris.

Re "grand devant à capuche" - I never quite got a good definition of "capuche" (normally meaning "hood" as in a hood for a jacket) - I believe it has something to do with a Deeley push-button release mechanism (pompe) for the forend (devant).

Last edited by Argo44; 01/04/24 10:56 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch