May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (NTaxiarchis, AGS, R Reynolds, gunman, MattH), 766 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,619
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: postoak
The thing about Trump I like most, is that he has all the right enemies.

from zero hedge

"That Trump gets this is little short of amazing, and yet truth often comes to us in unexpected ways. He may be an imperfect vessel – and that is surely an understatement – but he is absolutely correct in this instance: this administration and this President either “doesn’t get it, or he gets it better than anybody understands. It’s one or the other.”

The media and the Never Trumpers leaped on this statement and translated it into the old Obama-is-a-secret-Muslim trope, but that’s not what he was talking about. He was talking about the largely unknown history of our intervention in Syria, where Hillary Clinton was the jihadists’ best friend and benefactor. It was she who led the charge to “liberate” Syria, to arm the “moderate” head-choppers and do to that war-torn wreck of a country what she had done to Libya. Obama knows it: and so does the media. But their lips are sealed.

why oh why does is this administration and the Clinton campaign so reluctant to utter the words “radical Islamic terrorism”? Is it because of political correctness and a fear of inciting “Islamophobia”? Don’t flatter them: they’re not above that, when it serves their purposes. But it doesn’t serve their purposes this time.

What they’re afraid of is alienating their allies in the Middle East – not just the jihadists they’ve funded and succored in an effort to overthrow Assad, but primarily the Saudis, the Turks, and the Gulf sheikhs who are all in on the game and are playing it for all it’s worth. And of course there’s the Clinton Foundation, which has received millions in “donations” from the Saudi royals and their satellites.

The US policy goal in the region is to block the Iranians and their Shi’ite allies, including Syria’s Assad, from expanding their influence in the wake of the failed Iraq war. That war installed a Shi’ite regime in Baghdad, and in order to protect our vaunted ally Israel – which is set on regime change in Syria – we are backing and have been backing Sunni radicals, precisely those “radical Islamic terrorists” whose name will never pass Hillary Clinton’s lips.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-17/something-going-%E2%80%93-and-its-worse-you-thought

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I know so many Republicans that I can't stand the thought of their being without a party, Geo. My guess is they'll find a way to build a new, more inclusive family in the same way Canada has got through political crises---bumbling along, working toward something better, without notions of quick fixes.

It's interesting that you see Republicans building inclusiveness behind their nominee. I guess you made implications about the fellow for dramatic effect? At this late hour, coming out of meetings with the presumptive gal and current fellow, I can't stand the fact that millions feeling the bern aren't included.

Maybe if bern revealed a gay lover, he could force his hand with the dem elites? Ah, we could only hope, but hill's in the upper one percent, could she unveil a dueling lesbian affair? Can hill pardon herself if she's just a nominee, or is the buzz that she's a shoo-in and do it later? So much to consider prior to the current fellow swooping in and leading all to the trough. I like how we've turned towards the real issues that worry joe average, instead of petty bickering.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, craig. Post-Trump, after the biggest rout in US history, Republicans will build a new, more-inclusive party and take their turn running the country. It's common in federal politics.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think King is counting his electoral college chickens before the fat lady sings!

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

....racist, misogynist, bigot and a colossus of ignorance....

Sharp eye King. In my haste to be all inclusive, I left out one or two of the issues of overriding importance. In your opinion, regardless of talking points, can you come up with a so called Republican name that is bork resistant?

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's not smart to use the term, Dave. Countries, parties and citizens often hold their noses and do what they have to do. There's more to be gained from Muslim countries---particularly in south-east Asia where the US has major interests---with sensitivity toward being misunderstood than labelling a minority already giving regional governance lots of trouble. Our countries have embraced thugs to protect our national interests all over the world, for as long as I remember. Not using the term is probably the best protection of our interests at the least cost, in my opinion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's a lot of good Republicans who want a lot more for America as there are a lot of Democrats who want the same. Great leaders seem to spring from oddest places. Your great country will find a way; it always does.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep, including Mitch, Majority Leader of the Senate, and Paul, Speaker of the House of Representatives, and a growing tribe of Republican luminaries who consider him as unelectable, racist, misogynist, bigot and a colossus of ignorance. But what do they know, eh?

Great leaders come a dime to a dozen. What makes a great community leader climb the ladder regardless of actual greatness?

Anyway, can I assume your vetting of this candidate is accurate and at least civil as noted by many here? What happens if a Republican takes a similar 'high road' such as yourself, take for instance Mitch? Does he make inroads, change hearts and minds, sway the nation to greener pastures?

If he were to do right by the country, shouldn't ole Mitch use the protection of the senate floor, the way ole harry did four years ago, to bork the r running at the time for the presidency? Shouldn't Mitch be throwing outlandish bombs about Canadian tax concealment favoritism for a certain foundation? Maybe, he could be could surround himself with a bunch of logcabiners, and when asked about justifying bomb throwing, he could introduce a struggling single hispanic mom for credibility? If phony tax allegations don't get traction, can he lie about pending criminal charges and the firing of a hundred female staffers by hill for family leave during a campaign?

Focus man! Are you really implying that all Republicans are borkable?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Islam is an ideology of supremacism and WAR

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Two things. Leaders don't sprout from the top. Whitman said to have great poets we need great audiences. To have great leaders we need great followers. Uniting people for pursuit of worthwhile goals, my day job, involves bottom-up without top-down bureaucratic or technological interference.

Forget all the other stuff. The Republican Party will rise from innovation in the public interest: what men and women would choose if they saw clearly, thought rationally and acted disinterestedly. They won't let others do their thinking for them. "A great community leader" rises from the bottom. Pushed up.

Current and contagious Republican unbonding is forerunner of the party's rebalancing after November. GOP rebirth is underway. Even those who support Trump but despise him as a scoundrel are trying to escape lasting public opprobrium as "Vichy" politicians who put themselves before country.

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.