April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Krag 1902, Hoot4570, Hugh Lomas, drcook, 1 invisible), 821 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,172
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah, the crowd turns ugly. I predict in one year Ed will be our hero and we will spit on the likes of Turnbull.

How much longer before our site mascot is Rosie O'Donnel?

Originally Posted By: GregSY
Ah, the crowd turns ugly. I predict in one year Ed will be our hero and we will spit on the likes of Turnbull.

How much longer before our site mascot is Rosie O'Donnel?

Who is Rosie O'Donnel?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Care to wager? I'll bet not.

It has been a while that the BC redo crowd has been at it. The results, including the single gun I had done (Turnbull) have been better than pretty good.

Ed Lander's work is uniformly crap, from any angle.

So it goes.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Any firearm being re-color cased Should be annealed first. Many of those in the trade don't do this step as it ups the cost. By annealing the parts, the metal/stresses are relaxed slowly. The way John Gillette does it(slow annealing), the parts never seem to move and the newly color cased parts fit back together nicely. Classic Guns has done my work for the last eight years without one warped piece.During this period of time. I have averaged sending John approx. 45-65 pieces a year from which I base my opinion. Guess it depends on who actually does the work. Classic doesn't run a large number of action through at the same time in order to save on heating cost. John only cases a few similar sized frames at a time & watches them carefully. Doug Mann and Glenn Fewless has been to Johns shop and can testify to the care he takes with the work. FWIW, Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken:
What is John Gillette's contact info? Thanks.
Craig Libhart

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here you go Craig:

CLASSIC GUNS, INC
John Gillette
BEECHER, IL.
708-946-6141
http://www.classicgunsinc.com/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunbroker auction #74276603, opinions....

Just trying to add a little spice, lol.

Last edited by dogdigger; 06/21/07 03:54 PM.
DRM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dogdigger
Gunbroker auction #74276603, opinions....

Just trying to add a little spice, lol.

O.K. I will fall for it first and state my opinion. Mind you I am less than a year old to appreciating/knowing CCH so I may fail this test although I think I can recognize good bone charcoal like Turnbull's and very bad chemical/torch/whatever like Ed's.

I find it interesting that different parts/surfaces exhibit different appearances, good chemical torch on some(?), cyanide appearing in other areas, and color case on still others.

So in order I say probably color case, maybe cyanide, and would be very surprised (or amazed)if it were torch.

Did I pass?

Whatever it is it looks nice.

DRM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

But I like this a whole lot better!!!!!!!!!!!

DRM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

O.K., after remembering what good bone charcoal color case can look like I am revising my opinion on the gunbroker gun to cyanide.

I think if I were having a gun made for me bone charcoal is the ONLY way to go!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.