May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Cobbhead, 3 invisible), 275 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,752
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

it is amazing how many 3f's lurk on this fine forum...

a suggestion to the moderator...make participation here under your real identity mandatory...much of what is wrong with this fine forum would then instantly disappear...

if you agree, then please second this motion now!

Last edited by ed good; 06/14/16 05:52 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Self control. Some folk really stretch the matter & cause another to lose their composure. I see what you start.
I could have let this alone. Thereby not contributing to a seen problem.
As could you.
O.M

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

moses, not sure what you are saying here...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Good, being a relatively new member I agree that participation should be under your real identity. With that said, is ed good your real name?

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

participate under any name you want.if you don't like it go away

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

j: you bett cha...and you?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought this was a confession on your part or a listing of all your wares for sale. Sure you can see the confusion, I sure can.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My email with my name is available to all.

That said many who frequent this board would prefer not to let others be able to locate their collections and I respect that.

I would prefer all who insulted and whined had the strength of their beliefs to stand in the open, it simply won't happen and is not in the terms of this board.

Michael Dittamo

Last edited by old colonel; 06/14/16 11:27 PM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good for you Colonel for making your own choice with eyes wide open. I just don't think ole ed is a good enough reason to spring into action. ed, if you feel like it, I support you a hundred and ten percent. You get the rules changed, and then I'll decide what's best for me to do.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How do we really know your name is Ed Good? Do you remember when you PM'd me and asked me who I really was? I told you that I was King Brown posting under another name with the goal of disrupting this site and causing dissention. You said you thought that was a great idea. As you know, I saved that PM exchange. Would you like me to post your words from it here again so that everyone can see how much you really care about the integrity of this forum?

Didn't you just question who John Roberts really was earlier today?

We all know there are a number of folks here who use a pseudonym that sounds like a real full name.
Geo Newbern has told us that is not his real name. That may be true, or not. I really don't care. I would care if Geo frequently posted anti-gun rhetoric and deceptively used this site to troll and to publicize the tarted up guns that he was selling elsewhere. Sound familiar?

I do think your name is really Ed Good. I did my research and even found this video of Ed Good from Good Burger. Is that where you learned to flame broil guns?:

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't jump up for Ed, but more to something Dr Drew stated about being willing to post under your own name.

While my email has always been available and is my actual name, when I joined I picked a username I used on more than one site. It made me wish I had used my name as while I may be wrong time to time, I am willing to stand by my words and if shown wrong admit it and move on.

I have foolishly tried to convince some to act with better manners and should have known it was a waste of words as they are to dug into their views. I wish them well and leave it at that.

When all is done I love doubleguns and enjoy reading and occasionally posting about what I believe I know.

I have little doubt I could enjoy a drink with even the most cantankerous on this board, if we only stuck to double-guns

PS I have learned to enjoy the blocking function, though I was hesitant to use it thinking it poor manners. I have discovered passing by about six posters has been more pleasant than otherwise, but I confess curiosity oftengets me to click and look at the subject and words as on this thread.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, could I just add that we Brits are a very very small number here, also because of the small size of the UK to actually post your real name could in fact turn out to be a security nightmare.
Just an example my sir name is not all that common and on the board I have said I live in Cheshire here in the UK, now with my name and County using a computer you can come up with my house address and location in about five seconds!
Though if I am PMd or e-mailed by another member I use my real name, so under the above circumstances I would like to continue to use my alias.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

damascus, sounds reasonable to me, so long as anonymous members here do not abuse the privilege of anonmity here...which is sadly, much to prevalent a practice...here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Similarly to Old Colonel I started posting here with the same user name I had used on other boards because some folks knew me by that and would recognize me. I too use my real name in PM's etc.

On the Parker Collectors forum you may pick your user name but your real name is displayed in your profile. My real name is easy enough to find if anyone cares.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just as people are OK to block out part of serial numbers on photos of guns posted on the internet the use of screen names in not a problem to me. It is your actions not your name which counts. I try to not make it too easy for anti gun or worse would be thieves to locate me and target me for action.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, you ostensibly post your full name here, but are also one of the most egregious abusers of this forum. How do you explain that? What do you call posting all of your anti-gun crap on a shotgun forum besides trolling? How about the threats in PM's that have gotten you banned for all too short time periods?

So tell us... just how many times have you been banned from this forum now? How about other forums too? I wish AmarilloMike would bring back his "Pledge Drive to Permanently Ban Ed Good" that ran in the old Misfires forum. My $100.00 is still on the table.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some folk may use an AKA so not to use the forum as an advertisement for their goods or services . Some may want to make comments that do not coincide with those of people we work with .
I use the same name on several forums and am quite willing to communicate privately will most people using my own name .

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

sadly, here, anonymity breeds abuse here...as illustrated by the notorious 3f keet/bill...

Last edited by ed good; 06/16/16 11:45 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Giving a troll his due, ed has developed a highly effective repetoire of posts that have the same effect as someone dragging their fingernails across a chalkboard. The intent of both practitioners is the same, of course,

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

After a while you begin to know what to expect from various posters and the tenor of their posts - who is here to help, who is here to argue or antagonize, who is here to make inane statements, etc. So you are free to choose to read or not read any post, or to ignore the posters you've found to be worth ignoring. It took me a while to learn this, but the board is much more enjoyable and less stressful now that I finally have.

Last edited by Fin2Feather; 06/16/16 12:10 PM.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gee mikie, is that you down there peering out of the shadows?

dont know what your definition of a troll is, but your post above certainly fits mine...however, i will now skip over the bridge and pay you no mind...

Last edited by ed good; 06/16/16 12:41 PM.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

fin: good advice...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, I'll repeat the questions since you neglected to answer them.

Ed, you ostensibly post your full name here, but are also one of the most egregious abusers of this forum. How do you explain that? What do you call posting all of your anti-gun crap on a shotgun forum besides trolling? How about the threats in PM's that have gotten you banned for all too short time periods?

So tell us... just how many times have you been banned from this forum now? How about other forums too? I wish AmarilloMike would bring back his "Pledge Drive to Permanently Ban Ed Good" that ran in the old Misfires forum. My $100.00 is still on the table.

Do you think there is even one person here who would miss you if you were gone? I'm your only friend here, and I wouldn't miss you.

You also never answered me when I asked if you'd like me to reprint our PM exchange when you thought that I was King Brown, posting under a pseudonym, with the goal of causing disruption and turmoil to bring down Misfires. Why did you agree that would be a great idea? Is it because your primary goal here is to cause trouble?

Here's one more question that you asked Ed... during your anti-gun trolling:

Originally Posted By: ed good
next question:

does the second amendment prohibit state and local governments from regulating the keeping of arms by the people?

i believe it does not...what say you?

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed,

Youre a grown-ass man so stop being a cry baby. If you dont have thick skin, dont share your opinions or squabble about metallurgy and gunsmithing.

Seriously, the notion that online discourse deteriorates when people are free to write under the protection of pseudonyms is flawed. It's a holdover from the past. I do understand why people think (wish?) it were so. Weve all certainly noticed its a lot less pleasant to argue with someone when you can see their eyes. Well, that isnt possible online, and the same social standards cant, dont, and shouldnt apply. Your name, or lack of, has nothing to do with it. This isn't interpersonal.

Frankly, people who learned their manners before the internet dont understand the new rules and get worked up over things they shouldnt. An online insult isnt the same a real insult, just as you dont cuddle a chick after she sexts you.

I want to change my name to "Squib Load Banjo Chord"

Last edited by RyanF; 06/16/16 04:25 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I want to change my name to "Squib Load Banjo Chord"
laugh cool

It's damn strange to me that Ed paints a bulls eye on his chest and then wonders why people shoot at him.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RyanF

Frankly, people who learned their manners before the internet dont understand the new rules and get worked up over things they shouldnt. An online insult isnt the same a real insult, just as you dont cuddle a chick after she sexts you.

"

While you are right that online insults are not the "same" as an insult to one's face, they are insults nonetheless. If your understanding that modern etiquette allows for the nasty rude and bothersome internet behavior as ok then our society is on a short path.

Last edited by old colonel; 06/16/16 05:07 PM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

The interweb makes me want to knock everyone the F out.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I wasn't going to comment, but I thought this was worth saying.
I use to get pissed off and wonder why, Dave doesn't just ban Ed and be done with it. Then, it dawned on me that because Dave has elected not to ban him, and good folks here are quick to call BS on Ed's shenanigans, it has saved me from a couple of purchases that I am sure had I made, would have lead to regret.

Keep up the good work gentleman.

Food for thought.

Last edited by ithaca1; 06/16/16 05:20 PM.

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kind of a nothing thread going on here, but I thought I'd just point out that this forum was criticizing Ed long before he began posting here. I guess he felt he had to begin posting to deflect some of the bad PR he was getting. I'm not sure whether he's helped himself or not...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd have to guess that he has only hurt himself and his sales Geo. Look at the last several posts where things didn't exactly go well for Ed. Other than old colonel's ridiculous notion that we have some societal duty to be nice and civil to an idiot and an anti-gun troll, Ed got nothing but more criticism and more bad publicity. As Bill Johnson points out, countless readers on this website have likely chosen to simply avoid Ed's wares because he keeps posting.

Much of that avoidance is undoubtedly due to Ed's anti-2nd Amendment views, his virtual non-return policy, and his own words that inform sellers that he considers loose and off-face guns to be a sound and acceptable condition. He may still sell his tarted-up wares, but just think of how much sooner they would have sold, or how much higher the bidding would have gone, if he only kept his mouth shut.

Bill may also have something concerning why Dave puts up with Ed. Dave may be sitting back laughing at Ed repeatedly screwing himself. But sometimes, I think Ed might be one of those perverted sickos who gets some weird gratification from being verbally abused. Just my opinion, as always.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel

"

While you are right that online insults are not the "same" as an insult to one's face, they are insults nonetheless. If your understanding that modern etiquette allows for the nasty rude and bothersome internet behavior as ok then our society is on a short path.

I've typed many things that I later wish I hadn't. I mostly regret allowing myself to get mad and/or offended in the first place.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
I'd have to guess that he has only hurt himself and his sales Geo. Look at the last several posts where things didn't exactly go well for Ed. Other than old colonel's ridiculous notion that we have some societal duty to be nice and civil to an idiot and an anti-gun troll, Ed got nothing but more criticism and more bad publicity. As Bill Johnson points out, countless readers on this website have likely chosen to simply avoid Ed's wares because he keeps posting.

Much of that avoidance is undoubtedly due to Ed's anti-2nd Amendment views, his virtual non-return policy, and his own words that inform sellers that he considers loose and off-face guns to be a sound and acceptable condition. He may still sell his tarted-up wares, but just think of how much sooner they would have sold, or how much higher the bidding would have gone, if he only kept his mouth shut.

Bill may also have something concerning why Dave puts up with Ed. Dave may be sitting back laughing at Ed repeatedly screwing himself. But sometimes, I think Ed might be one of those perverted sickos who gets some weird gratification from being verbally abused. Just my opinion, as always.

Note just your opinion my friend, I have pointed that out several times Ed has a mental issue were he thinks any attention is better then no attention.

Hillary For Prison 2018
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

well, facts are some of my customers participate in the forum and some do not...my gut feeling is that i am certainly better off business wise, when i utilize this forum and other media outlets to weed out potential undesirable customers...

just my opinion as always...

Last edited by ed good; 06/16/16 08:59 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hereby formally put my hands up as an undesirable customer.
O.M

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

so. its sundown...i'm just waking up, feeling a bit peckish...

and there standing over my coffin, is this plump little blue eyed blond, just full to the brim with the essence of life...

well, looks like i am dining in tonight!

but wait! what is that in her hands? o no! its a hammer and stake!

and then...BUFFY STRIKES!

Last edited by ed good; 06/17/16 07:46 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lets hope she didn't miss....

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm new here so not going to say much. But I am on a number of boards, some over 10 years. They attract "all kinds" so better get used to it.

NRA Patron
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel

"

I've typed many things that I later wish I hadn't. I mostly regret allowing myself to get mad and/or offended in the first place.

I have to admit I have regretted more than I like to admit, but I try harder to avoid it. When something angers me, more often than I care to admit, I consciously ignore it or at worst do as an old southern girl I dated, I say God Bless You, and move on.

I do have, as some accuse me, a ridiculous belief people should try to be polite.

I wish you the best take care.

Last edited by old colonel; 06/18/16 05:26 PM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's Southern girl, old colonel, bless your heart.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 06/18/16 07:39 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
That's Southern girl, old colonel, bless your heart.

SRH

I stand corrected, my VMI English degree failed me

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

old: were you per chance at the vmi/citadel football game in 1961, in lexington, where the citadel men thoroughly trounced those keydets? ... i was there cheering for the bulldogs...

Last edited by ed good; 06/19/16 12:22 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
old: were you per chance at the vmi/citadel football game in 1961, in lexington, where the citadel men thoroughly trounced those keydets? ... i was there cheering for the bulldogs...

Ed, were you perchance sitting in the bleachers with John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No that was before my time, we were a better football team then.

Though I was there the year we beat VA Tech and West Point in the same season.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for your input. Richard D. Show.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Weve all certainly noticed its a lot less pleasant to argue with someone when you can see their eyes.

I'd rather see their eyes.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.