March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (David Williamson, SKB, HalfaDouble, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 391 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
Fixed link to Lonsome Road's NRA article

(see post above this one)

I would not worry about that. Soon the privileged ruling class will not need secret directives to better insulate and protect them. If "Il Duce Supremo" gets elected he will create powerful military and their problems will go away. It will be "great" you will see. As they say in the Old World how well one sleeps is dependent on how well they made their bed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Mike.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You are very welcome.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A Federal judge ruled that Washington DC must stop requiring people applying for a permit to carry a gun outside their home to have a reason to have the gun. There are more court dates before it is finally decided but in the meantime the judge is requiring the Washington DC police to issue permits without requiring that the citizen having to provide a reason to carry a gun outside his home.

"Judge Leon agreed that the Second Amendment covered the right to carry a pistol in the street as well as in the home. 'The need for self-defense is, of course, greater outside the home than it is within it,' he wrote, adding that the right of 'law-abiding responsible citizens to carry arms in public for the purpose of self-defense does indeed lie at the core of the Second Amendment."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/18/us/judge-blocks-washington-dc-gun-restrictions.html?src=twr

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's an informative and intelligent conversation on the Second Amendment currently on the Parker board, a model of respectful discourse of varying opinions of changing legislation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
There's an informative and intelligent conversation on the Second Amendment currently on the Parker board, a model of respectful discourse of varying opinions of changing legislation.

Are you open to a different opinion?

I see some folks finding 'respectful discourse of varying opinions' informative and intelligent conversation, but is it informational on preserving the 2nd Amendment?

If a fellow says restrictions aren't really so....because I like shotguns or I'm off to a different part of the country, is he providing useful information? How about a couple of folks going back and forth about whose great gramps trained with which militia. Or, how about one of those fellows is asked about where he got his 'opinion' and it couldn't quite be figured out?

I feel bad for the fellow that comes 'here for information and it's pleasing---and a tribute to the board---to see opinions from a community than partisan politics'. Are they getting information, or being conditioned to respond to feelings. I suppose it might be advantageous not to share who's the arbiter of determining 'public interest'. Sorry about the uninformational opinion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

deleted

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

yawn...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

King Brown's post above has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this special thread. It does not belong here. It does not conform to Dave Weber's stated purpose. King should know better since his prior attempts to deviate from the stated purpose resulted in his posts being deleted. But just remember, when King says something pertaining to gun rights, it is always best to check the facts for yourself. I believe that the Parker Forum thread he references is this one:

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19231

Reading through it, there is one participant, Bruce Day, who appears to repeatedly question the clear meaning of the 2nd. A few others confront his opinions, and one, Dean Romig, in post # 26 of the thread, makes an ad hominem attack on one of Bruce Day's female ancestors by reminding him that his ancestor made an accusation of practicing witchcraft that led to the executions of four other women, including a good wife and mother named Rebecca Nurse. Pretty rough stuff.

Then in post # 29, Double Lab states... in a most civil manner... "You are clear as a bell John. Keep in mind that liberalism IS a mental disorder. Need I elaborate?"

I have used those exact words to describe Liberalism myself, and got accused of uncivil behavior... or should I say "behaviour" since it was King who lambasted me. But he claims that this discussion on the Parker board is a "model of respectful discourse."

Another participant, David Noble, in post # 33 outlines the distinctions between Liberals and Conservatives by accurately describing Liberals as far more likely to support abortion, income redistribution, and GUN CONTROL. The very next post blames a Republican, Ronald Reagan, for signing legislation while governor of California, that may have led to acceptance of new full-auto firearm restrictions within the 1986 FOPA

King Brown made one somewhat rambling post within that Parker thread. He makes an obviously incorrect observation about the Parker Board and partisan politics. I wonder how things would go over there if King started posting his anti-gun Trolling rhetoric such as he does here...

It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

I believe there is a connection---as most liberals do--- and that those conservative and liberal countries with exceedingly lower rates are a result of their democratically chosen, more-onerous, freedom-restricting regulations, common-sense or not.

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

Well, the answer is easy if you read the rules. King would be banned from the Parker Forum if he posted the same anti-gun, partisan political things he has posted here. This is not the first time that King has attempted to subvert and disrupt Dave Weber's 2nd Amendment Informational thread. His fellow troll Ed has done the same. That's what anti-gun trolls do.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"uh keet/bill, your repetitive misuse of this forum and this thread in particular, to launch personal attacks against me and other members here is improper."

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 34 of 37 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.