May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Terry Buffum, smlekid), 277 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,546
Posts546,130
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

james: do you recall if 242266 had a blued or case colored receiver? thanks for your input...ed

Last edited by ed good; 06/11/16 10:03 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I got the gun it had no case color on the receiver, but as I recall there was color on the forend tang and action flats. That was 25 years ago in 1991, probably a like new, never been fired gun now.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very accurate assessment of Parker commerce.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I once sold a Fox AE 16 to a "dealer" which was in decent but well worn shape. About a year later it popped up in his adds as a factory original, perhaps not fired, pristine gun with about three to four time the price on it. I called him about the gun and he forgot I was the one to sell him the gun. Asked if it was factory finish, yes was the reply. Asked if the wood was factory finish, yes was the reply. Asked for the serial number to confirm year of production and he gave it to me. It was my old gun. I then asked if he wanted photos of the gun that I had sold him before the "factory" finish had been reapplied. He got nasty and the call ended about thirty seconds later. Must have been a bad connection on the phone line. Many here know who that dealer is and it in fairness to Ed it is not him. His refinished guns could never be confused for factory original finishes.

Buyer beware at all times on these old guns. There are "craftsman" who can not only duplicate factory finish, to a very high degree if you are willing to pay the price but they can re-age a gun so that 100% factory finish becomes an almost perfect 97%-99% gun which you just know is real and factory original. Pristine, not fired, factory original guns are almost as rare as pristine, not fired 60 year old ladies but more desirable.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Funny but I watched that same story play out with a BE Fox, straight stock, single trigger gun. The gun was well worn, loose on the face and had loose ribs. It was sold at the Colorado collectors show to an agent from one of the big shops. A few months later the same gun in 95% plus original condition showed up at said dealers shop for many fold the purchase price. Be careful out there......

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wouldn't it be great if we all knew who these unscrupulous sellers were?

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
I once sold a Fox AE 16 to a "dealer" which was in decent but well worn shape. About a year later it popped up in his adds as a factory original, perhaps not fired, pristine gun with about three to four time the price on it. I called him about the gun and he forgot I was the one to sell him the gun. Asked if it was factory finish, yes was the reply. Asked if the wood was factory finish, yes was the reply. Asked for the serial number to confirm year of production and he gave it to me. It was my old gun. I then asked if he wanted photos of the gun that I had sold him before the "factory" finish had been reapplied. He got nasty and the call ended about thirty seconds later. Must have been a bad connection on the phone line. Many here know who that dealer is and it in fairness to Ed it is not him. His refinished guns could never be confused for factory original finishes.

Buyer beware at all times on these old guns. There are "craftsman" who can not only duplicate factory finish, to a very high degree if you are willing to pay the price but they can re-age a gun so that 100% factory finish becomes an almost perfect 97%-99% gun which you just know is real and factory original. Pristine, not fired, factory original guns are almost as rare as pristine, not fired 60 year old ladies but more desirable.

This is more common than many think Winchester Model 21 comes to mind. Although not geared toward double guns there is book about this. It is entitled The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Fakes and Reproductions.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Upgrading Parker's has been a cottage industry for more than half a century. Now it's Fox's turn.

People pay for condition.

I don't care for rubba-dubbed guns. But I'm in the minority.
It always reminds me of Silas Marner sitting at his table under flickering candlelight rubbing his gold pieces together.

Go to a vintage shoot sometime. You feel embarrassed if your shotgun shows honest wear.

Ed should quit with the poorly disguised marketing ploys.

Out there doing it best I can.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

mystery may be solved...close up digital image of receiver flats reveals what may the case colors under the blue...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

When Ed says this:

Originally Posted By: ed good
dudley: gun is not for sale on this web site...

i am seeking info here only...

We all know what he really means is this:

Originally Posted By: ed good
well, facts are:

i do not have any "personal guns". as a hobby gun dealer, all guns in my hands are for sale...

and returns are handled on an individual basis...i have no cast in concrete return policy.

From Misfires "M'e Gration Bill" thread, post # 386458

It looks like Ed the troll has found a clever way to market his wares... without posting in the For Sale section, and without giving Dave $10.00 for publicizing guns that either are, or soon will be for sale on other websites. I think he ought to include some of his anti-gun rhetoric or support for anti-gunners like Michael Bloomberg to see what influence that has on prospective buyers. Just my opinion, as always.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.