May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Chantry, Jeremy Pearce, Argo44, Canvasback13, Researcher, Der Ami), 220 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,530
Posts545,891
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
Sidelock
Sidelock

Allow me craigd. Here's a couple links to over 300 examples of Liberal bias found in Wikipedia:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Examples_of_Bias_in_Wikipedia

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1924058/posts

I'm always happy to put an Anti-Gun Troll back under his bridge. Last Dollar added his typical useless two pesos. If you added his I.Q. to Ed's, you'd still be in single digits. Too bad he decided to unfold the tent he said he was permanently folding when he left us in a hissy-fit a while back.

So Ed Good, the Constitutional Scholar once again adds his take on the 2nd Amendment. It doesn't matter that Ed is wrong, as usual. What matters is Ed's oft stated opinion on the private ownership of firearms and the IRKBA. If Ed had his way, it would be state and local laws that restricted or prohibited entire classes of firearms instead of the Federal gov't. And according to him, the 2nd Amendment would have no bearing upon such infringements due to his idiotic misapplication of the 10th:

Originally Posted By: ed good
next question:

does the second amendment prohibit state and local governments from regulating the keeping of arms by the people?

i believe it does not...what say you?

some view the current version of a well regulated militia as your local unarmed volunteer fire department...augmented by your local armed town police force.

what used to be militia is now your state's national guard, which is under the command of your state's governor... and your state guard is subject to call up and command of the president of the united states...

http://news.yahoo.com/celebrities-demand-removal-confederate-symbol-mississippi-flag-225831525.html

if mississippians can have a dialog regarding restriction of the display of "the flag", then why cant we have a dialog here regarding the restriction of semi auto handguns?

guess no body here has the balls to answer my question:

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
....I know nothing about WIKI's creds, you are the one who brought it up...

LD, you and ed brought up the 'creds', I didn't. If you like their policy, then that's great. If you open up their home page and look along the left hand column, it gives anyone easy instructions on how to contribute to their 'cred'. You and ed have one opinion, mine is a little different, that's all, plus I read between your lines. I mentioned to ed that 'I won't and can't', do you know what ed sees?

Sidelock
Sidelock

ah ax lots o questions here...git few answers...but lots o personal attacks fur jes askin...

"It is by the free exchange of ideas and opinions that we learn, and draw closer to knowledge of the truth. But the critic who lacks the cojones and courage to establish their identity by using an alias might consider the words of Theodore Roosevelt:"

Last edited by ed good; 06/02/16 02:10 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

As I recall, the Ethiopean Coptic Church was exempted from anti-weed laws.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for your input, Craig and Keith! FYI: When I last left this forum to head for Mexico, it was in a Dodge Diesel, not a hissy. I don't believe Hissy ever made a diesel. Why don't you check WICKI for us?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Thank you for your input, Craig and Keith! FYI: When I last left this forum to head for Mexico, it was in a Dodge Diesel, not a hissy. I don't believe Hissy ever made a diesel. Why don't you check WICKI for us?

Wrong again Last Dollar. When you had your Hissy-Fit and made your farewell thread entitled "On Folding A Tent", you were already in Mexico. Your crybaby reason for leaving was comments that a couple of us made about the pictures you posted in Misfires of a whale behind your boat. You came unglued when I asked if it was a photo of Michelle Obama on another taxpayer funded vacation. I particularly enjoyed many of the unsympathetic responses you got in your obvious attention seeking cry for sympathy. Here's a few to refresh your faulty memory:

Originally Posted By: Brittany Man
I read all the posts & I don't see what Last Dollar is upset about.

The only possible objection I have is that I think the whale looked a lot more like Hillary Clinton in a wet suit than the first lady.

Originally Posted By: eeb
The thread was under "Full Frontal Nudity...". I'm not sure what his motives were for that prurient title, but maybe he should have called it "Great Pictures of a Whale". Don't get your knickers in a knot LD when you are the guy with the clever come on. You folded your tent when you moved to old Mexico. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: mike campbell
Some people just leave. Schoolgirls tend to slam the lunch tray on the table and march away in a huff.

Originally Posted By: GJZ
Hard to like drama queens.

Originally Posted By: Vol423
I couldn't see anything that was even remotely offensive. Grow up.

Originally Posted By: postoak
The last Refuge of the Left - crying Racism. What BS.

Originally Posted By: Bob Blair
These internet board resignations are always so messy unless one can come back with a different nom de screen.

See... no Dodge truck... it was a Hissy-Fit. Not your first, but certainly one of your most dramatic. As Bob Blair points out, it would have been smarter for you to do like Alvin Linden did when he left, and return as a young girl. Except, he shouldn't have screwed up and told us about enjoying his wife's coffee and being a Viet Nam veteran after claiming to be a college girl and daughter of Alvin.

You could have called yourself Last Tampon.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know it's a thing of the past, but I used to enjoy your fishing pictures and stories from the gulf. Only the best to you LD.

Sidelock
Sidelock

LD, re Wiki: I don't think it's as much a case of wiki being "biased" as it is of peer review . . . or a lack thereof. Sometimes wiki will even include a couple lines that the article in question is in need of further review. And sometimes people do inject their politics into wiki articles. From what I've seen, from BOTH sides of the political spectrum.

Used to be, back in the old stubby pencil/green eyeshade days of research, everyone started with Britannica. That was pretty much the gold standard. Of course outdated in today's world of instant information. But instant information is often inaccurate information, because some people are either more interested in being first, or else are more interested in injecting their opinion, than they are in the facts. "Just the facts," as SGT Friday used to say. Makes things more complicated.

Examples (but not from Wiki): I recently read about sharia in Dearborn, MI. Turns out that notion got started as a result of an article in a satirical publication. (Another article in the same publication had to do with a "boobs merit badge" for the Boy Scouts. I think you get the drift.) But those who wanted to believe there was sharia in Dearborn latched onto the satire as if it were fact.

Then there was an article about a pro-ISIS rally last December . . . except it turned out to have been an ANTI-ISIS rally, in fact. If someone had looked at the photo of people at the rally holding up a sign that said "99% of ISIS victims are Muslims!", they might have guessed it was not pro-ISIS.

The Internet can lead one down tricky paths if one is in search of facts.

Last edited by L. Brown; 06/02/16 03:53 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I used WIKI yesterday to locate Osh Kosh Nebraska, so I could plan a lunch with Tom Bryant, spot on.....I don't believe very much of what I read on the internet, even less of what it appears to be after it's twisted. I still maintain that Hissy never made a Diesel. Thank you all for your input...

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's so right Larry. Just imagine if people had only read your selective editing of the Audobon Society's statement on hunting which appeared right here on the internet in the Lead and Condors thread several months ago. If they hadn't gone on to read what craigd and I had to say about your selective editing, they might actually believe your earlier erroneous contention that Audobon had no influence on getting lead ammunition banned in California. But it was apparently more important to attempt to prove that you were right, when you were actually wrong. Again.

Nobody ever said that Hissy made a diesel, but what is certain is that LD was already in Mexico when he posted his whale picture and made his crybaby departure from this forum. Unless, of course, he's going to try to tell us he took pictures of a whale in Kansas.

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.