May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jtplumb, Guy Ave), 853 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,496
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Impartial political fact-checking---FullFact, PolitiFact, FactChek, FactsCan and many more---attempt to sort the authentic from BS from politicians' statements.

FactCheck.org considers Trump "King of the Whoppers." "In the 12 years of FactCheck.org's existence," the Annenburg Public Policy Center team wrote, "we've never seen his match."

The Washington Post's Fact Checker says 70 per cent of Trump's claims are found to merit "four Pinocchios," the worst rating. "Trump makes Four-Pinocchio statements over and over again even though fact checkers have demonstrated them to be false."

Fact checking has become a public service.

How about Hilary? The "13 minutes of straight lying" went viral this week. A Globe and Mail columnist admitted bias for Clinton and opined Saturday that the clip showed her policy shifts as secretary of state over the years and dismissed it as the usual career politician slipperiness but not lying.

"Facts all come with points of view," wrote David Byrne. "Facts do what I want them to."

Whether it's four long noses or none, King, you and I both know that on issues both minor and major, Hillary and Trump both lie. It's the nature of politicians. So who cares? What is important is what they will do in office in the future and the only way to judge that is what they have done in the past.

I'll take the devil I don't know, but who isn't part of the ruling clique that has made such a cock up of things over the last 30 years, than the devil I know who is armpit deep in that shit.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm stranded on a desert island, surrounded by the salty sea. I'm terribly thirsty. On that island there is a plastic bottle full of a clear liquid marked "Ozark Springs Bottled Water".

So which do I choose to drink? The seawater, because I know what it is, or the bottle that I think is freshwater, but might be something else.

King wants me to drink the seawater.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I make a point of not making fun of people, Craig. It's childish.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drinking seawater would do you no good, Mike. The other may be no good, either. Pray for rain or do what you should have done in the first place and stayed home.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Everyone lies to a degree. Two of our great politicians, Laurier and Diefenbaker, did nothing when having to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea. Dief shoved the file under his bed. Doing nothing may be an improvement.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is anyone here at all surprised to see King Brown once again defending the dishonesty of the most extreme Anti-Gun candidate for U.S. President? Here's another link to the viral video of some of Hillary Clinton's serial lies over the course of her political career:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016...goes_viral.html

Of course, King is here today to denigrate Trump and to repeat the view of the Liberal Left that Hillary's drumbeat of dishonesty is merely " usual career politician slipperiness but not lying."

Anyone who hasn't yet seen it should take a look and decide for themselves rather than relying on politically biased fact-checkers such as the Washington Post. Here's an article on a Politi-Fact review of the video that isn't so flattering and willing to make excuses for Hillary as the anti-gun Troll King Brown:

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20160522/NEWS/160529808

Of course, King has in the past made excuses for the blatant lies of ex-NBC Reporter Lyin' Brian Williams, and even defended Obama's violations of his Oath of Office by saying:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
With respect, you tend to believe the written as something sacrosanct as it appears in the Constitution and other bills. Look at the Oath you posted: It says only that the president will do to "the best of my ability" to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. What he determines "best"---wrongly or rightly.

Will someone please tell me the difference between this type of "slipperiness" and dishonesty?

Oh, one other thing... Isn't this the same King Brown who was here only a couple weeks ago complaining about those who make political commentary here in Dave's sandbox??? Do as I say... not as I do... especially if the obvious goal is to support and defend an anti-gun politician!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

Employers, for example the Ariens case in Wisconsin, are being forced to allow random five times per day muslim 'prayer' breaks. Fifteen to twenty minutes per break, well over an hour a work day lost per employee. Who pays for those 'special rights'?

None of this nonsense is via legislation, it's all from regulation or through the courts.

Craig, that's your quote. "Regulation or through the courts" = resolved. And Muslims working an 8 hour shift don't need 5 prayer breaks per day. The 5 prayers would cover the entire day. The dispute was that they were taking 3 breaks when the company only authorizes 2. No regulation or court ruling imposed. And according to the most recent report I could find, it's still not resolved. By the way, the company fired several Muslims who wouldn't abide by Ariens' break schedule.

As for Hamtramck, when I looked into that one, a whole lot of BS out there. I read one published source that said the city council was 100% Muslim. Nope. It is majority Muslim, 4-2, but that does not equal 100%.

With all this Muslim stuff, it's always good to take a really hard look. I found another source that said sharia was imposed in Dearborn, MI 3 years ago. They were going to stone women for adultery and ban alcohol. Except none of it was true. Again, from a published source--not just some individual's post in response to an article or on a BB. But there are so many people who want to believe all the sharia/Muslim bogeyman stuff--or want to promote it--that you'll find stuff like that all the time. At which point you need to look harder.

The problem with the Internet is it results in lazy research. Or "research" that consists of looking until you find something that lines up with your world view. "See, look what I found on the Internet!" I liked it better when all the tinfoil hat stuff was in the Inquirer and the other supermarket tabloids.

Sidelock
Sidelock

After making no less than 25 posts in this thread that had nothing to do with double guns, the hypocrite Larry Clown just posted this in canvasback's "Thanks" thread:

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
This place is a wealth of information, no question. It was the first BB I stumbled upon many years ago, and I've learned a lot. One thing I've learned is that someone here almost always knows more than I do about a specific make or model of gun, about the nitty-gritty of pressure, ballistics, etc. You name it.

And while there are arguments, a lot of them--especially now, in the heat of the political season (which seems to last forever, particularly if you live in Iowa in a presidential election year)--aren't directly related to doubleguns. Or any other kind of guns.

No wonder this brilliant ex-CIA Intelligence Analyst cannot see the negative influence radical Muslims have had on the U.S.

He can't even see himself when he does exactly what he complains about

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: craigd

Employers, for example the Ariens case in Wisconsin, are being forced to allow random five times per day muslim 'prayer' breaks. Fifteen to twenty minutes per break, well over an hour a work day lost per employee. Who pays for those 'special rights'?

None of this nonsense is via legislation, it's all from regulation or through the courts.

Craig, that's your quote. "Regulation or through the courts" = resolved. And Muslims working an 8 hour shift don't need 5 prayer breaks per day. The 5 prayers would cover the entire day. The dispute was that they were taking 3 breaks when the company only authorizes 2. No regulation or court ruling imposed. And according to the most recent report I could find, it's still not resolved. By the way, the company fired several Muslims who wouldn't abide by Ariens' break schedule.

As for Hamtramck, when I looked into that one, a whole lot of BS out there. I read one published source that said the city council was 100% Muslim. Nope. It is majority Muslim, 4-2, but that does not equal 100%....

....The problem with the Internet is it results in lazy research. Or "research" that consists of looking until you find something that lines up with your world view. "See, look what I found on the Internet!" I liked it better when all the tinfoil hat stuff was in the Inquirer and the other supermarket tabloids.

I see the 'problem' as a bit different, so I snipped out you third paragraph.

All the reports say the somali muslims were taking five, repeat five breaks a day for prayer. Not two, that the company authorized as scheduled, or three as you mentioned off hand, a tin foil hat tidbit.

'Five breaks would take all day' is another tinfoil hat comment. The actual break is reported to be five minutes, an additional ten to fifteen minutes of productivity are lost due to movement to and from the break. These are random breaks, regardless of work responsibility at the moment, and you do the math, fifteen to twenty minutes per break times five a day.

More tinfoil stuff, who cares what the demographics of the city council is, could be all old white Catholic women. I said, because you asked, loud speakers announce the muslim call to prayer at 6:30 AM, a special right not afforded to others. Right or wrong?

You said there were no examples, I said there are. You say none of these changes are possible because Congress wouldn't legislate it, I say none of this happens via legislation. You say this is worse than tabloid stuff, I say you went off topic from my rant. Just because you typed up some volume doesn't mean you disputed my thoughts, does it? I think your counter argument is easily as lazy, don't you?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, for whatever its worth, the church bells in the steeple of my own 1st United Methodist Church across Patterson Street from the Court House here ring quite often during religious holiday periods...Geo

Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.