May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jtplumb, 1574trap, SXS 40), 774 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,851
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: btdtst
"There will never be enough Muslims in this country to have a significant influence on anything" says Larry Brown. Unbelievable.

What is it you're suggesting they'll influence in a negative way? And I'd remind you that historically, similar statements have been made about waves of Catholic immigration, the Jews in this country, and the Mormons. (And we recently had a Mormon candidate for president. We're making progress!)

People here sometimes seem to focus on the 2nd Amendment and blow right by the 1st. I've heard people suggest that the Muslims will bring sharia with them. Read the 1st amendment. Can't happen. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." In shorter words, the 1st Amendment gives us freedom OF religion, and freedom FROM religion. We can practice our own, as long as it does not conflict with our laws. Ahmed says: "I want to stone my wife for adultery." Sorry, Ahmed. Adultery is no longer a crime most places in this country, and where it is, stoning is not the punishment. You want to do that, move back wherever you came from. Ahmed says: "I want to marry this 12 year old girl. Islam allows that." Sorry, Ahmed. American law does NOT allow that. (Allowing that would amount to "an establishment of religion". So it does not pass go.)

Give me one example--just one--of a religion (take your pick) that gets special rights based on their beliefs. Catholics--and there are something like 10x more of them in this country than Muslims (and they're WAY more popular too!)--teach that abortion is sin. So if they can convince a Catholic woman not to have one, that's OK. But they can't stop her from having one, as long as it's legal wherever she goes to have it done. Again, stopping her based on her religion, in conflict with American law, would be "an establishment of religion". And what a complicated mess we'd get ourselves into if we started granting special rights to anyone based on religion. Because then we'd have to give special rights to EVERYONE based on religion. Which would be an establishment of a whole bunch of religions. Muslims could have multiple wives. So could Mormons, if they wanted to return to that practice. Catholics couldn't have abortions.

Right now, we have Muslims who've been "vetted" by the military and the intelligence community--Iraqis and Afghans who've risked their lives with us, and have saved American lives--and they can't get into this country. If Muslims vetted to that extent--vouched for by the military, the CIA, etc--can't get into this country, I don't expect we're going to see planeloads or boatloads of them appearing any time soon.

But hey, if we wanted to keep anyone out based on religion or ethnicity . . . just think: should have sent the Italians back to Italy. No Mafia. How many lives would that have saved? Less prostitution, less illegal gambling, less drugs . . . all kinds of benefits. If we think on it long enough . . . hey, no Irish either. We wouldn't have to suffer green beer on St. Patrick's Day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sheesh, Lary

Shoulda gone for the trifecta and thrown the polacks under the bus too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You just don't get it. And obviously never will. Again, unbelievable.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....What is it you're suggesting they'll influence in a negative way? And I'd remind you that historically, similar statements have been made about....

....blow right by the 1st. I've heard people suggest that the Muslims will bring sharia with them. Read the 1st amendment. Can't happen. "Congress shall make no law....

....Give me one example--just one--of a religion (take your pick) that gets special rights based on their beliefs....

....Right now, we have Muslims who've been "vetted" by the military and the intelligence community--Iraqis and Afghans who've risked their lives with us, and have saved American lives....

Right now in hamtramck, the first majority muslim city in America, every morning at 6:30 AM loud speakers blair the call to prayer. There are noise regulations, and there are non muslims in the community that are forced to accept the 'special rights' granted to muslims. The city has changed zoning law so new mosques can spring up in previous areas that churches and other places of worship were not previously allowed. Imams can arbitrarily prohibit the serving of alcohol within five hundred feet of their new mosque. Looks like a religious leader and mosque patrons are given 'special rights' over lawful preexisting businesses and forcing citizens of other beliefs to give up right to work and pursue happiness.

Major airports are spending taxpayer money to build or retrofit muslim foot washing stations in places like Indiana and California. The same applies to taxpayer funded universities, for example in Michigan.

Employers, for example the Ariens case in Wisconsin, are being forced to allow random five times per day muslim 'prayer' breaks. Fifteen to twenty minutes per break, well over an hour a work day lost per employee. Who pays for those 'special rights'?

None of this nonsense is via legislation, it's all from regulation or through the courts.

I'm glad you brought up the military vetting of muslim brothers fighting side by side with any other American soldier with a duty. There are many anecdotal stories about how these Muslims are trusted by US soldiers with their lives. Contrast that with the open door policy risking the American heartland. If there is the will to do, there is a way to 'vet' middle eastern refugees and immigrants. Your equivocation and logic makes me question your tactics and agendas even more.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=btdtst]"There will never be enough Muslims in this country to have a significant influence on anything" says Larry Brown. Unbelievable.

If only 19 Catholics had brought down Towers 1 and 2 of the World Trade Center, and crashed hijacked jets into the Pentagon and into the ground at Shanksville while on their way to even further destruction in Washington D.C., it is safe to say they would have had a "significant influence" on things.

Same thing would happen if 19 Italians hijacked jets and killed almost 3000 people in one day. But Larry doesn't think that every man, woman, and child having to get to the airport 3 hours before a flight for intrusive TSA screening is a "significant influence" on things. Our ex-CIA Intelligence Analyst also does not think a $50.4 BILLION annual budget for the Dept. of Homeland Security is a "significant influence"

Then let's add in the massive costs for running the TSA, and the added burdens placed on states and cities for security. Oh, let's not forget the many billions of tax dollars we have spent on our military, fighting the war on Islamic terrorism. Then let's take a look at what happened to your IRA's and 401-K's immediately after 9-11, and how long it took the economy to recover.

Originally Posted By: btdtst
You just don't get it. And obviously never will. Again, unbelievable.

No, btstst, Larry will never get it. One would think that a brilliant ex-CIA Intelligence Analyst would immediately see these things. But our brilliant ex-CIA Intelligence Analyst is too preoccupied always bragging about himself and trying to twist logic to prove he is never wrong.

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Larry it becomes quite clear why our country is in the shape it's in now when one comes to learn you were once part of the "intelligence community".

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm a Catholic-and I oppose abortion. I also oppose the Holy See turning a blind eye to the evil priests who prey upon innocent children. Years ago, even before Kennedy became the first Catholic POTUS-= we were larger in numbers than today. As far as the rag-heads here, with their special privileges as mentioned above, "Screw 'Em"" they are the infidels, not us Christians.. Ship 'em all back to Mecca-- and it is Hamtramck, with a capital H- formerly one of the biggest Pollack areas in the USA-and formerly home to a large Chrysler plant as well- now all that blue collar area of Motown is Towelie-territory. The late Henry Ford and his stooge Orville Hubbard are shitting a big brick in the next life about that. Even worse, for the WASPS- the rag-heads are in Birmingham (Romney territory) and other such enclaves of the "1-%-ers"--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
....What is it you're suggesting they'll influence in a negative way? And I'd remind you that historically, similar statements have been made about....

....blow right by the 1st. I've heard people suggest that the Muslims will bring sharia with them. Read the 1st amendment. Can't happen. "Congress shall make no law....

....Give me one example--just one--of a religion (take your pick) that gets special rights based on their beliefs....

....Right now, we have Muslims who've been "vetted" by the military and the intelligence community--Iraqis and Afghans who've risked their lives with us, and have saved American lives....

Right now in hamtramck, the first majority muslim city in America, every morning at 6:30 AM loud speakers blair the call to prayer. There are noise regulations, and there are non muslims in the community that are forced to accept the 'special rights' granted to muslims. The city has changed zoning law so new mosques can spring up in previous areas that churches and other places of worship were not previously allowed. Imams can arbitrarily prohibit the serving of alcohol within five hundred feet of their new mosque. Looks like a religious leader and mosque patrons are given 'special rights' over lawful preexisting businesses and forcing citizens of other beliefs to give up right to work and pursue happiness.

Major airports are spending taxpayer money to build or retrofit muslim foot washing stations in places like Indiana and California. The same applies to taxpayer funded universities, for example in Michigan.

Employers, for example the Ariens case in Wisconsin, are being forced to allow random five times per day muslim 'prayer' breaks. Fifteen to twenty minutes per break, well over an hour a work day lost per employee. Who pays for those 'special rights'?

None of this nonsense is via legislation, it's all from regulation or through the courts.

I'm glad you brought up the military vetting of muslim brothers fighting side by side with any other American soldier with a duty. There are many anecdotal stories about how these Muslims are trusted by US soldiers with their lives. Contrast that with the open door policy risking the American heartland. If there is the will to do, there is a way to 'vet' middle eastern refugees and immigrants. Your equivocation and logic makes me question your tactics and agendas even more.

Craig, you really need to post some links. And preferably not from "Joe's blog". Reliable sources. Just to check one of yours, I googled the Ariens case and did not find that anything had been resolved by either regulation or through the courts. You have a link maybe to a court ruling? Likewise to what's going on in Hamtramck?

Reminds me of the "expert" on Islam who went on the radio and talked about some of those "no go" areas in Birmingham, England. The mayor of Birmingham said it was BS. I heard the guy apologize for being wrong. Always lots of BS floating around on the Internet. You have to be careful with your sources and do some fairly serious fact-checking.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Impartial political fact-checking---FullFact, PolitiFact, FactChek, FactsCan and many more---attempt to sort the authentic from BS from politicians' statements.

FactCheck.org considers Trump "King of the Whoppers." "In the 12 years of FactCheck.org's existence," the Annenburg Public Policy Center team wrote, "we've never seen his match."

The Washington Post's Fact Checker says 70 per cent of Trump's claims are found to merit "four Pinocchios," the worst rating. "Trump makes Four-Pinocchio statements over and over again even though fact checkers have demonstrated them to be false."

Fact checking has become a public service.

How about Hilary? The "13 minutes of straight lying" went viral this week. A Globe and Mail columnist admitted bias for Clinton and opined Saturday that the clip showed her policy shifts as secretary of state over the years and dismissed it as the usual career politician slipperiness but not lying.

"Facts all come with points of view," wrote David Byrne. "Facts do what I want them to."

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Craig, you really need to post some links. And preferably not from "Joe's blog". Reliable sources. Just to check one of yours, I googled the Ariens case and did not find that anything had been resolved by either regulation or through the courts. You have a link maybe to a court ruling? Likewise to what's going on in Hamtramck?

Reminds me of the "expert" on....

....Always lots of BS floating around on the Internet. You have to be careful with your sources and do some fairly serious fact-checking.

Larry, the 'facts' are, you used the words 'resolved' and 'ruling'. If I believed my example was either resolved by some other means, or that there is a court ruling available, I would have mentioned it. Nothing more, nothing less.

What I do believe is happening, to my complete satisfaction, is that a significant percentage of that employer's workforce had been stealing about 20% of the work day for 'special rights'. I believe they have 'special rights' that Catholics do not have because title VII has been unilaterally reinterpreted. I believe it's a fact that many employers are being 'forced' into decreased productivity and to expend resources legally answering to various employment offices and groups like cair.

You, Larry, asked for 'one example--just one', and I offered three. Apparently, you did not like my example, but you never did deny that it is a very real example, 'of special rights based on their beliefs'.

I have no idea why you brought up europe's multicultural experiment, but don't you think you may be ignoring a mountain of intel if you 'heard' some fellow apologized. Thanks for that link and the lecture on floating bs and careful sourcing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Fact checking has become a public service....

...."Facts all come with points of view," wrote David Byrne. "Facts do what I want them to."

Thanks King, that makes me feel better. Hey wait a minute, you're making fun of me, thank you for the civility. Was Larry right?

Also, thanks for bringing up Trump. YOUR facts say hill is a politician, and Trump is a liar. What's the purpose? As a long time political insider and observer, do you find it fascinating that the 'public service' isn't getting it's normal traction?

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.