May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Sandlapper, Tamid, bushveld, Tim in PA), 858 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,852
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: bonny
Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: bonny
I would sooner buy a russian baikal than one of the aluminium actioned yildiz guns. Having owned one before, and knowing plenty of people with them (farmers mainly, who don't baby their guns) , they are very tough and good value for money.

Have you ever owned an "aluminium (sp.) actioned yildiz gun" ?

The alloy receiver is lightweight ...... that, combined with the man-sized buttstock and the 28" barrels, puts the weight where it should be on a little gun like the Elegante 4 ..... on each end, and not in the middle. This gives it much better than expected handling characteristics. Rocketman spun mine and said it was almost identical to a 12 bore English game gun.

SRH

No, thankfully i don't have to as i have an english and an irish 12 bore game gun. I don't doubt the yildiz are good, but my one and only experience with them was bad. First impressions last.

I don't HAVE to either, bonny, but choose to because they're fun. I, too, have the "English Game Gun", but it sits in the safe while the Yildiz gets used for walking the Lab to the pond almost daily, and for doves and quail in season. An Elegant 4 Yildiz is just lots of fun!!

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Which model Purdey does P&V build?

Perugini & Visini builds the Purdey "Sporter"
http://www.purdey.com/guns-rifles/the-sporter/

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have owned a few Yildiz, and know other owners of them, solid guns guns for the price.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
Pretty wood but am I the only one questioning grain layout through the wrists in some of those photos...

Noticed that too, and thought "Good thing they have a through-bolt."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful wood, beautiful engraving, but somebody needs to convince makers and importers that they should quit knocking ugly marks in the barrels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: volleyfire
Beautiful wood, beautiful engraving, but somebody needs to convince makers and importers that they should quit knocking ugly marks in the barrels.

I agree 100%. That is the only fault I can find with my Dickinson, the barrel stampings.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been considering an order for a Dickinson 28 gauge, 30", case colors, manual safety and exhibition wood. It's priced quite reasonably and wait time is 6-8 months.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They also make nice handguns, pomegranate juice, fig preserves, wool carpets,....Please be sure to check them out and make Turkey great again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When Smith & Wesson were importing these, I fitting one to me and shot quail with it. I was please with the gun then.

So I just order some of new Dickinson and they are very nice guns for the money. I just go them in and have sold some already. I read some very nice reports and have seen nice things about them on the chat boards.

Yesterday I have inquired about some of the higher grades with more engraving.

Best

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just looked at the Planation 28 ga. 30" late last night, outstanding gun with fantastic wood. I think I might order one custom for myself

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.