April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (FlyChamps, Fudd), 417 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,230
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would sooner buy a russian baikal than one of the aluminium actioned yildiz guns. Having owned one before, and knowing plenty of people with them (farmers mainly, who don't baby their guns) , they are very tough and good value for money.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: bonny
I would sooner buy a russian baikal than one of the aluminium actioned yildiz guns. Having owned one before, and knowing plenty of people with them (farmers mainly, who don't baby their guns) , they are very tough and good value for money.

Have you ever owned an "aluminium (sp.) actioned yildiz gun" ?

The alloy receiver is lightweight ...... that, combined with the man-sized buttstock and the 28" barrels, puts the weight where it should be on a little gun like the Elegante 4 ..... on each end, and not in the middle. This gives it much better than expected handling characteristics. Rocketman spun mine and said it was almost identical to a 12 bore English game gun.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 05/21/16 09:18 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

So far, the Dickenson warranty seems very good. After only a few hundred rounds, my 12 gauge Dickinson SxS (Cabela's)broke a trigger part. Their west coast warranty facility quickly repaired the gun at zero cost.

Jerry Goldstein

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: bonny

Have you ever owned an "aluminium (sp.) actioned yildiz gun" ?

The alloy receiver is lightweight ...... that, combined with the man-sized buttstock and the 28" barrels, puts the weight where it should be on a little gun like the Elegante 4 ..... on each end, and not in the middle. This gives it much better than expected handling characteristics. Rocketman spun mine and said it was almost identical to a 12 bore English game gun.

SRH

No, thankfully i don't have to as i have an english and an irish 12 bore game gun. I don't doubt the yildiz are good, but my one and only experience with them was bad. First impressions last.

Last edited by bonny; 05/22/16 08:58 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Adam, are these catalog pictures or your own?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty wood but am I the only one questioning grain layout through the wrists in some of those photos...

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Adam, are these catalog pictures or your own?

These photos we taken from Akus's social media pages (Facebook and Instagram).

Originally Posted By: Stan

I agree with Adam. The AKUS guns are getting better and better. I cannot imagine getting rid of my 30" Dickinson .410. I can envision, however, a higher grade 32" 20 gauge at some time.

SRH

Stan, I agree... a nice long barreled small bore sounds good. But I think I would save the money on the engraving and spring for their exhibition grade Turkish walnut! I REALLY like the look of the first guns I posted.

Originally Posted By: PALUNC
Yeah it's a lot like watching a comercial for Burger King. The burger looks so good on TV but the one you get at the drive thru sucks.
I do agree that The Dickinsons are somewhat nice and I am budgeting a 410 hopefully in the next year.
Hey Adam, maybe you need one in 28 gauge and sell me that 100 Garbi of yours.

Mike, I haven't gotten tired of that Garbi yet!

Originally Posted By: George Pittelko
Perugini & Visini purchased, one time only, Qty 10 AKUS barreled actions in the white in 2013 and completed in Italy. I purchased a 20Ga, 30", semi beavertail, prince of wales grip, with interchangeable chokes, and very nice Turkish walnut. The overall workmanship is excellent. My P&V model is similar to the ARKUS Estate Lux SXS. I shoot sporting clays and 5 stand - the 7 1/4 lbs works great for me.

I remember these P&V/AKUS guns.... the fact that they worked with AKUS to build guns really impressed me considering the standard P&V works to. That's a good testimony of AKUS especially when you consider P&V builds guns for Purdey!

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Watch the sale section....Adam will be selling one shortly.

Not a chance jOe... I love my Turk 410. It aint going anywhere!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
Pretty wood but am I the only one questioning grain layout through the wrists in some of those photos...

No. I saw one photo with very serious runout. It is just waiting to break through the wrist. I hope whoever is shooting that gun when it breaks doesn't get poked in the eye.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Which model Purdey does P&V build?

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, I have 2 Turk guns, a 16ga Dickinson (which there has been a ton of written about on this and other forums, so we'll pass on this one). The other is a 20ga Yildiz SxS. I was skeptical about this gun at first, but decided to pull the pin on one. For a $400 SxS, with ejectors, a SST (that works very well BTW)and choke tubes, I thought ....to good to be true. However, it's turned out to be a very good gun. Lightweight at 5-13, well balanced, decent wood, no issues with the ejectors, SST and bbl regulation is spot on. Very impressive for the price. It's been thru two seasons now and as I said not one problem. My son has a 12ga Yildiz O/U that he uses for ducks, upland and clays. Again, not one problem. He's put a lot of rounds thru it, and it's stood the test of time. I think they are a better quality gun than the Mossberg SR series, cheaper and IMO more reliable. Just my take on Yildiz guns.

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.