May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
10 members (CJF, Hammergun, ChiefAmungum, Jeremy Pearce, Canvasback13, 1574trap), 242 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,531
Posts545,895
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dr.Drew you think prayer would help with Mike's internet sickness ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can't you two keep this limited. Do you have to dump on every thread? No one wants to read your posts and frankly no one cares.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
[quote=L. Brown]Hmmm. I don't speak Spanish, but I'm guessing there may be a term comparable to that the French use for someone who doesn't speak French well: "Il parle francais comme une vache espagnole."
(He speaks French like a Spanish cow.)

we now have Larry mocking Francis (RWTF) about his Spanish.
/quote]

Darn Keith . . . my post was so short I figured even you would be able to understand what I wrote. I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH. So how could I mock Francis' Spanish? The connection--I guess too obscure for you to grasp--is that the FRENCH (a language I do speak) refer to those who don't speak FRENCH well as speaking it like a Spanish cow.

What a long stretch in an attempt to pick a nit. But it's Keith, so hey . . .

By the way, Keith, since we're off topic anyway: Did you see that the US Fish and Wildlife Service wants to allow the wind energy industry to kill 4200 bald eagles and 2000 golden eagles per year? And environmentalists are worried about a few that might be dying from lead poisoning? Now there's something you should REALLY find interesting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
My comments on Tom's FUBAR with a known fact of World History are a reflection on the economics of the publishing world- too cheap to hire proofreaders who would have caught that error. When you pay the kind of money the DGJ charges per issue, you should get an error free issue for your money. It is not a slur against his fine credentials as a major "L.C. Smithian"-just an observation that the most expensive per issue shotgun related magazine works without proofreading. Tom knows LC Smiths as well as anyone and is a first-rate writer to boot.

Not that Daniel and Joanna Cote need defending at all, but I thought it should be noted that such publications as DGJ, and others, almost to the one, have a published disclaimer that they neither agree with nor endorse that which their published authors write. The job of the editor and proof-reader in such publications, in this case Daniel and Joanna, do their job extremely well - and that is to proof-read and edit as to grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc., and NOT the opinions or "facts" presented by the authors of their articles. Accuracy of content is left to stand (or fall) on its own and is NOT the responsibility of the publisher and proofreaders of the magazine.

RE: TR's comments and brought to us by Dr. Drew, I say, and I do... and I have erred, but not because I didn't try.

Last edited by DAM16SXS; 05/11/16 09:06 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with Rev Drew and others.

That supposedly grown men can engage in such juvenilia and think it clever and amusing, or find it rewarding beats me.

An interesting and informative forum is being spoiled and daily made unpleasant possibly to the point of it's collapse; people just don't want this nonsense and will increasingly vote with their feet.

I don't post very much, just on those occasions I think may have something of value to add to a discussion. Would that others might do the same.

Eug

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Darn....

....since we're off topic anyway: Did you see that the US Fish and Wildlife Service wants to allow the wind energy industry to kill 4200 bald eagles and 2000 golden eagles per year? And environmentalists are worried about a few that might be dying from lead poisoning?....

I think you're asking the wrong question Larry. Shouldn't the point be, does it affect my upland hunting? On the face of it, apparently not? By the way, this is probably retroactive. Don't forget where we get the gruesome carcass pile pictures for the anti hunters.

Since the service has cleared this policy with the soar folks, my solution is for the legal eagles to partner with the boisterous deer hunters for a win-win. Thank you for veering off topic, tradition says out of sight out of mind makes us seem measured and wise.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not retroactive, Craig. This would be going forward, bird body count per year. The wind turbines are already killing some eagles, but the USFWS decided to set a limit. But I was surprised they set the limit that high.

Last edited by L. Brown; 05/11/16 04:27 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agreed, Dean. I sold a set of 12 gauge Parker Damascus ejector barrels to Mr. Cote a few years ago- his home is near our summer cottage near Boyne (6 Mile Lake) and he is a fine person to know. Very erudite, yet, like me, with a working class background, and also very well read. Dates, like the Lusitania sinking (possibly the Titanic as well) and Bodio's ten year gap error on the Model 21 intro year are very hard for the average non-gunning educated proof reader to spot. One reason I take pride in my "eagle eyes" for proof-reading is that my friend (we have never met face-to-face, and probably never will, for that matter) Silvio Calabi--he send me the galley proofs of his book on Hemingway's guns to proof-read, which I did, with gusto. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.