April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wild Skies, R. Glenz, KY Jon, 1 invisible), 461 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,093
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#443834 05/10/16 07:59 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Whilst I am familiar with the use of *to indicate full choke, the *- plus to indicate 3/4 choke is new to me.
The gun is a Miroku, can this be typical Japanese marking

Bob

Sidelock
Sidelock

Extra full ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe- if they are a copy, as the Japs are great at doing that-of the older Belgium Brownings, they used an star and dashes to designate the factory choking-

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I bet Armadillo Mike will know the answer....

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wrong answer....

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miroku guns do not follow the choke markings of FN Browning's exactly, though they utilize the same symbols. In the case depicted, the lower bbl. would be a modified based on the symbols alone, while if it were on an FN Browning it would be an Improved Modified.

The 'plus' may be a new way of saying Improved Modified. That is a new marking to me & one I've not seen on a Miroku before. I am assuming it is a fairly new or currently made gun?

Your best bet is to just have the constriction measured & then you will know exactly what each bbl. has in the way of choke.

Screw-in choke fitted Miroku's are generally marked either 'Invector' or 'Invector +' or 'Invector plus' predicated on which chokes are fitted w/the former being generally heavier bbls. & intended predominantly for the European market.

edit: terminology wise, 3/4 choke is roughly the same as 'Improved Modified' whilst 1/2 choke would be a rough equivalent to 'Modified'

Last edited by tw; 05/10/16 08:55 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too late Mike....(hard to believe there's a guy smarter than you'uns.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

The reason jOe made that reply is because hE is a trOll and because hE is tOO stUpid to stOp.

----------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
[All your copying and pasting proves is that you are one sick internet stalker and should be banned from this sight.

I was giving jOe the trOll such an ass whipping down in Misfires that he whined to Dave over and over. Dave got so tired of reading jOe's gIrly little bltchy messages that he shut down Misfires.

I think it is funny that the trOll was asking Dave to protect hIm from someone the trOll intended as a victim.

And jOe was banned from the "For Sale" section for stalking, baiting, insulting and attempting to bully Gerry Addison, Adam Stinson, and many others.

----------------------------------------------------------

jOe, besides being a trOll, is a liAr.

Several years ago he made several posts arguing against citizen ownership of AR15 type semiauto rifles. In a different and much later discussion I brought up his past support for banning AR15 type semiautos. He lied and said he had never advocated banning citizen ownership of those type rifles. But I was able to find the old thread and dOcument his mendAcity.

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
In fairness to jOe, he is for attacking the mass-murder problem on ALL fronts. He has argued many times that we need universal NICS background checks on ALL gun sales, just as Hillary, Obama, Pelosi, Boxer, Biden, and Bloomberg have argued.

jOe has also argued that civilians should not be able to own semi-auto rifles that are configured like the semiauto AR-15. Again, just as Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Pelosi, Obama, Harry Reid, Boxer, and a host of other gun-control advocates have argued.

More of your insane lies....I own several AR 15 rifles.

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

I'm a hunter and like Zumbo I see no need for the hunter to own a military type firearm.

Originally Posted By: jack maloney
[quote=Greg Tag]

Fortunately, most of the guys who fondle their Chinese junk ARs and dream of glory will grow up before they hurt someone. smile

Let's hope they do.

The camels nose is already under the tent flap.

The general public should have never been allowed to own an assault type Military Weapon.

Yeti do you like to chew tabacco while you play Rambo ?

Originally Posted By: mike campbell
"The general public should have never been allowed to own an assault type Military Weapon."

Does this refer to a flintlock or one of them new-fangled caplocks?

What do you think ?

I'm sure you don't sit around clutching it waiting for an imaginary levee to break like ProffessOr Ted Blather.

I've shot some 600 yard matches with bolt actions at my gun club, I shot because I enjoyed it.
The reason I lost interest was I got tired of sitting around listening to the guys dreaming of being a sniper.

I don't think the attack on Zumbo was deserving.

I fail to see these 'transparent anti-gun attitudes' posted that you seem to see.

I have saw some posts by people with common sense when it comes to firearms. You're right about one thing....I would have a problem with anyone owning a firearm that owns it because he believes in some dooms day.

Would you agree there are people that shouldn't own a firearm ?

That's what a gun is to me a tool...be it war or hunting. If I need a gun for war I expect the United States to supply it.

The people that dream about dooms-day levees might be better off owning a dull spade.

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

If and when the levee breaks, so to speak, put me in the catagory of well armed, if you don't mind. Actually, even if you do mind. I'll take my chances there, thank you.

Anyway, someone out there has written the book describing people in one of three catagories-wolves, sheep, and sheepdogs. It is a work on self defense, of course, and I haven't had time to read the whole thing, but I'm 'gonna, real soon.

Gotta go do some reading now.
Best,
Ted

Sounds like a cUlt to me. Ted don't drink when you read that book...it might make you think you are a Wolf.

I hope the FBI isn't reading this board.

I wonder after reading some of your posts if sOme of you guys realize this is the United States of America....not Afganistan, not Nazi Germany.

Ted Schefelbein....are you sure you are a US citizen ?

The FBI should consider profiling yOu...you seem like one sick puppy. Better get your medication checked bud.

I hear Outdoor Life has fired Mr.Zumbo...I hope he sues Outdoor Life for violation of his right to 'Freedom of Speech.

What I find real funny about this whole thread is all the great minds on here crazy....that didn't even bother to read what Zumbo really said before they jumped up to defend their 2nd Amendment Rights.
Kind of like an angry lynch mob.

ps...Ted Blather you can put the shovel up the Levees okay for now. cool

For those that missed it here is what Zumbo wrote and then jOe defended:
"I call them “assault” rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I’ll go so far as to call them “terrorist” rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are “tackdrivers.”

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries [sic] and woods."

For the record, Mr. Zumbo recanted his statement. But stUpid jOe the lyIng trOll never did, even arguing against citizens owning AR15s after Zumbo's recant.

jOe made several pitiful first attempts at insulting me. I will have the last insult. And our feud will go on until Dave bans jOe or bans me. I insulted jOe several times in this post. As it now stands and as far as I am concerned our feud is over. But jOe will make another pitiful attempt at insulting me.

jOe the trOll is tOO stUpid to stOp.

And hE is a liAr to bOOt!
]

I am glad to be here.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.