May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (12boreman, Stanton Hillis, Birdog, Jeremy Pearce, Jusanothajoe, 1 invisible), 942 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,847
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
. When you pay the kind of money the DGJ charges per issue, you should get an error free issue for your money. --

While I agree with your desire for perfection, I realize that the cost is more in the photos than the text. The photo spreads in DGJ are about the only temptation pics
I still search out. It is a human run publication and like all publications has errors, some more important than others.

I continue to subscribe and continue in my realistic expectations of an over all good, though imperfect product.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now OC is someone who really gets it. Read the DGJ? I just look at the pictures.

Glad you're back LD.

Last edited by lonesome roads; 05/06/16 11:48 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The Hopi have an interesting word Koyaanisqatsi. It means "life out of balance". The psychological concept is "Homeostasis".

One of the manifestations of a life "out of balance" is psychological scotoma, a "blind spot". The opposite is when someone sees everything being about one thing, ie. psychological perseveration (an uncontrolled repetition or continuation of a response e.g., behavior, word, thought, activity, strategy, or emotion, in the absence of an ongoing occasion or rationale for that behavior or emotion.) This perseveration may be manifest by the extreme need to "evangelize" the perceived unknowing or apparently mentally deficient regarding this one issue.

EVERY POST ISN'T ABOUT THE 2ND AMENDMENT. WE ALL HAVE COMPUTERS (or couldn't be here) and as competent and intelligent adults are perfectly capable of educating ourselves as to the threats thereto. I for one am sick of being lectured like I'm a schoolboy, and am sick and tired of the personal vendettas being played out over and over.

More from T.R. "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready (intellectually and practically)."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said again Brother Drew. It seems the main title of this site is now for whatever, except doubles.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

make love, not war...

be prepared for both...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shotguns are interesting, good shotguns more so.
Gentlemen talking about good shotguns, I listen to, others not at all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple interesting points about TR and his "Bull Moose" campaign:

1. He is the only 3rd party candidate in modern history to have received more votes than either the R or D candidate. (He beat Taft badly.)

2. If the Republicans had had the good sense to nominate him, it's likely we would've had 4 more years of TR (maybe 8, because he wouldn't have done the River of Doubt expedition and likely would have lived longer) rather than Wilson. Possible we might have gotten into WWI sooner.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Interesting. It was May 7 1901 that President McKinley and Vice-President Roosevelt visited Wickenburg, AZ.
http://www.wickenburg-az.com/2001/05/president-mckinleys-visit-to-congress-and-wickenburg/

From Hunting Trips of a Ranchman published in 1885 "I have two double-barreled shotguns; a No. 10 chokebore for ducks and geese made by Thomas of Chicago; and a No. 16 hammerless built for me by Kennedy of St. Paul, for grouse and plover. On regular hunting trips I always carry the Winchester rifle, but in riding round near home, where a man may see a deer and is sure to come across ducks and grouse, it is best to take the little ranch gun, a double-barrel No. 16, with a 40-70 rifle underneath the shotgun barrels."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Vendettas- Si, como no, Cabron? La vengaza esta una plata que es muy superior quando servivador muy muy frio, no es verdad. Algunas palabras de veritas para usted, el Sr, Medico-- aqui esta: No orinas en el agua alreadedor, porque usted habe de beberlo un otra dia!

I like to quote Teddy Roosevelt, one of the least understood , very powerful "Rey Del Mundo" Presidents in our history. If you want to discover his background as NYC Police Commissioner- back in the O. Henry/400/DelMonico's 1890-1900 time frame, read this book "The Alienist"--fascinating look into the dark side of NYC life (and death) back then- and proof positive of Neitzc he's words: When you look into the abys, the abys looks back at you."

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

"Neitzc he's words: When you look into the abys, the abys looks back at you."

Friedrich Nietzsche (who died from tertiary syphilis)
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

The Spanish wasn't any better, but no one cares Francis, nor do I.

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.