April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (ChiefC, Hugh Lomas, Skeeterbd, DaveB, Argo44, 1 invisible), 862 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,833
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I got to the part regarding his middle name and that was enough for me. Why a committed communist anti-gun person is even permitted to post here is beyond me.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You can save all the babies from drowning that you want, but anti gun politics outweighs all good things in your life, in my opinion. It isn't that anti gun politics should give you bad publicity among normal Democrats, but you will never get above ground level with me. Anti gunners just don't have any idea how wrong or harmful their politics are. By the way, drowning babies seems to be part of the anti gun politics business too. All good.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That article tells me a whole lot that I already suspected. Statements like "Lenin was more influential than Christ" reveal much about the man.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lenin was big, but not as big as the Beatles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like an interesting guy.

And Baywatch was bigger than the Beatles.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's what this "interesting guy" King had to say in post # 371868 about Conservative Radio Host Marc Levin and Liberal Left Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, and his take on their views on the 2nd Amendment:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Looked up Levin in Wikipedia. Seems like some of my conservative friends. His book on the Court confirms my loosey-goosey characterization of its deliberations. Change and change again, nothing sacred or inviolable, eh?

"Men In Black: How The Supreme Court is Destroying America
Levin authored the 2005 book Men In Black: How The Supreme Court Is Destroying America, in which he advanced his thesis that activist judges on the Supreme Court (from all parts of the political spectrum) have "legislated from the bench." In a review of Men in Black, Commentary magazine's Dan Seligman wrote that Levin asks readers "to identify with 'originalists' who look to the text of the Constitution and the intent of its framers, and to reject the 'activists' who construe the Constitution broadly and are more concerned with getting to their own 'desired outcomes'."

That seems to put him at odds with the NRA-promoted amendment. Senator Stevens, a Republican appointee who served for 35 years on the Court with mostly Republican appointees and under three Republican chief justices, argues for amendments that would reduce the role of federal courts in American political life; in other words, amendments to entrench judicial restraint.

Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

All from a Reagan conservative and a Nixon-appointed jurist.

Note that King attempted to portray Stevens as a Conservative Justice. Stevens has been part of the Liberal Left wing of the high court for decades. Then take 5 minutes to go here and see what Levin really has to say about the 2nd Amendment:

http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-the-...cal-government/

Of course, Mr. Levin realizes that the individual right to bear arms and the right of self defense are merely affirmed by the 2nd Amendment, but granted by the God that King does not believe in. It is because of things like this that I have found it necessary to check out virtually everything King has to say here. When I had confronted King about mischaracterizing Levin's actual beliefs, he claimed that he was only posting what Wikipedia had to say. But note just how much of that drivel is from Wikipedia, and how much is King's own take on it.

Then later, in post # 372221, King tried once again to advance the Liberal notion that the Individual Right component of the 2nd Amendment is a relatively recent thing, and that for most of our history, it was viewed as a Collective Right that can legally be restricted. In this excerpt, King reluctantly accepts that Mark Levin holds the Individual Rights view... but he once again is claiming that the original intent of the Framers was not written down:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I believe what Levin says about the Second was in the the Founders' minds. The pity is they didn't write it down. They wanted to protect the states from federal interference, for sure. But the country is still wrangling with the Second to the point that courts are allowing various levels to regulate from popular vote.

This was in 2014, well after the 2008 Heller and McDonald decisions that affirmed the Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms. King has never been able to accept that settled law. He was once again defending the many Liberal Democrat jurisdictions where lower courts and local laws have infringed upon the 2nd. He has been corrected on his erroneous notions that the intent of the Framers was not recorded, and is not known, on numerous occasions. We have given him a multitude of references from The Federalist Papers, letters, editorials, and other contemporary writings of the Framers. But he always falls back on the dogma that is preached by Anti-Gunners. He got his ears pinned back on the very same thing in this 2007 thread, but like an Anti-Gun Energizer Bunny, he just keeps throwing out the same untrue crap, hoping that some of it will stick:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38521&page=1

As Ronald Reagan famously said, "Trust... but verify."

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, who really cares about your opinion of this or that poster? Just for the fun of it, I took a look at your last 40 posts. 11 of them were NOT either attacks on someone, or criticisms for their positions on guns, gun rights, politics, etc. And a few of those 11 even contained something of POSITIVE interest concerning doubleguns and related subjects.

Congratulations. That means you spend almost 75% of your time being angry, digging into the past to dredge up something someone said that you didn't like, etc. Talk to your doctor. You're likely to give yourself a coronary. What a sad way to live one's life.

Follow the "Star Wars" advice. Let go your anger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Who cares Larry? You care. That's why you have expended so much time in recent months criticizing me and attempting to silence me. Many of those 29 posts of mine you checked that bother you so much were responses to your bloviating drivel.

I'm not at all angry. But you sound very angry. Have you ever read your own posts? Of course, who has time to go through all of them? You have nearly 8500 of them here, almost 18,000 posts on notssmbbs, and over 10,000 posts on Upland Journal. Holy crap! When do you have time to hunt or shoot? Or do you do most of your shooting with a typewriter or keyboard? And damn it Larry, the topic here is King... not me. Can't you ever stay on topic?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Its understandable and pardonable for some members to see negativity in a positive feature article on my life in Canadas conservative The Financial Post magazine half my lifetime ago. Children do not choose their names nor are responsible for activities of their parents before they are born.

My father was a Communist teenager during the Great Depression when anyone not looking for a better way wasnt thinking at all. He broke with the party long before the war because of its virulent anti-semitism, was accepted as a private pilot in the Air Reserve in 1939 and served Canada honourably and with distinction.

For comparative adherence to communism and Christianity, consider the story was written during the hottest of the Cold War. It also described our university roles: Dads raising money from the wealthy and mine bashing business baddies, as Director of Development and Director of The Peoples School, a weekly radio and TV program on the Atlantic networks.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And the pissing in each others shoes, moves to this post..............

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.