May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 333 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,561
Posts546,340
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

AYA of Spain do some really beautiful side by sides in the English style. Most of the "cheaper" new British guns are Spanish or Italian made guns with a British name such as Powell or William Evans engraved on (even Purdey do this now so i am told).

JNW #436645 02/22/16 04:41 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JNW
What do you want to do with this gun?
Do YOU want new or a redone classic?
Hunt wild upland birds?
Shoot driven pheasants?
Pound 10,000 targets a year?
Go to Argentina and shoot doves?
O/U or SXS?
One gun can not do it all.
If you want an O/U get a Perazzi built to your specs. Nothing better on the planet for the money.
Regards,
Jeff

Here is where I'd start. Tell us about what your going to do with it Treb! Does it need to be able to shoot SAAMI ammo?

I'd be looking at a Dickson or MacNaughton for my needs, but for 10k it would probably be sleeved which wouldn't bother me one bit.
This one catches my eye all the time:
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100627272

Bill

Last edited by ithaca1; 02/22/16 04:54 PM.

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Bring your wife to Paradise for Spring Training.
Check into the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Send her to Scottsdale Fashion Square with credit card
http://www.fashionsquare.com/
Go to William Larkin Moore
http://williamlarkinmoore.com/
Buy yourself something nice that fits.
Drive up I-17 to Ben Avery and shoot it. I'll meet you there smile

Immediate gratification...until the wife's credit card bill arrives shocked

Now that's a plan!!! smile

I'm just star gazing guys, if I had an extra $10,000 bucks laying around, I would rebuild the drivetrain on my truck then drive to Bobski's place in April for that shoot then on to Alaska for some serious wilderness bird hunting.

A guy can dream can't he. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

SXS? I'd probably get the finest long barreled AH Fox that $10k will buy.

O/U? Perazzi, without question.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Bring your wife to Paradise for Spring Training.
Check into the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Send her to Scottsdale Fashion Square with credit card
http://www.fashionsquare.com/
Go to William Larkin Moore
http://williamlarkinmoore.com/
Buy yourself something nice that fits.
Drive up I-17 to Ben Avery and shoot it. I'll meet you there smile

Immediate gratification...until the wife's credit card bill arrives shocked

Drew:
grin grin grin grin
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay, its one of those post bird season, too early for enjoyable clays rhetorical questions w/zero qualifiers aside from maximum expenditure; so whot I'd do is find a solid lower grade non-ejector Ithaca in 12 or 20 gauge [predicated on your personal pref. & intended use] w/good barrels; then I'd contact Doug Mann & have him help you get a decent piece of wood and stock it for you and let him coordinate something w/Jim Nixon for very minimal, but attractive, engraving [even if only a border motif] and have the action French grayed & bbl's. nicely blacked. You could easily achieve that within your specified budget and have a perfectly wonderful bespoke and highly usable gun.

You asked, so there it is in a nutshell. Doug can tell you if I'm a loony tune or not about the idea. Personally, I think it very doable.

A less expensive approach would be to have Doug stock an Ithaca SKB 100 for you and forget about anything more than his craftsmanship to make it stand out & unique. You could possibly even do a pair within that budget, a 12 & a 20.

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Try to find an original C grade small bore Fox for that price. Hopefully it can be bent to fit. They aren't making the original ones anymore and those gun have soul.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958

I'm just star gazing guys, if I had an extra $10,000 bucks laying around, I would rebuild the drivetrain on my truck then drive to Bobski's place in April for that shoot then on to Alaska for some serious wilderness bird hunting.

A guy can dream can't he. smile

Try doing it in the privacy of your own home....

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

tw, that's exactly what it is, one of those hypotheticals. smile

That's what I figured most of the responses would be, an old American classic restocked to your shooting style and/or specs. I don't think you could even buy a bespoke Spaniard for $10,000 dollars any more.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
That's what I figured most of the responses would be, an old American classic restocked to your shooting style and/or specs. I don't think you could buy a bespoke Spaniard for $10,000 dollars any more.

You can probably just barely get into an AyA I would think. The 53 was about 12k and the 56 was about 14k last fall if I recall

NRA Patron Life Member
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.