March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (bushveld, Karl Graebner, Lloyd3, Marc Ret, dogon, KY Jon), 848 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,022
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
7 hours ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I picked up a 16 bore Flues that has no grade mark. It has 28" Krupp barrels chocked full and full, has the Field Grade setter, line engraved, an NID type star on the trigger plate. and engraving on the top lever.. Serial number 2610xx. It's the lightest 16 I've seen at 5 pounds 15 ounces.I thought it was a 20 when I first picked it up. pretty nice shape, no case but good wood and blue.. can someone pont me to a proper pad and a grip cap.... Thanks, MDC

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing on the frame's water table?? I will check when I get home.

775 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wouldn't happen to be this one, would it?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=72685368

Good thing I'm broke.....youda paid quite a bit more for that otherwise!

Nice find and price! Looks like a #1...meybe #1S...just not stamped.

Best,
Mark

Ms. Raven
OP Offline

Bingo: Even a blimd hog finds an acorn once in a while.. I put a $500 maximum bid on it and went out of town. Came back to a pleasant suprise, It only took the $381 to buy it.. The only markings are the serial numbers in the three normal places, the # "4" choke marks on each barrel, the "16 and Patd". on the water table, the "P" on the forend lug, "Krupp Fluid Steel" on top of both barrels, and "Ithaca Gun Co. Ithaca N.Y." on the frame.. MDC

Sidelock
Sidelock

MDC. The Jostam Anti-Flinch or Noshoc would be a correct period pad for the gun. Also a Silvers, although I am not sure that Ithaca ever used them on Field Grade guns. However, many Flues of this era were retrofitted with the Ithaca Sunburst or Bridge Trestle pad after it was introduced in 1931. If the butt stock is a full 14" I would use a Ithaca Flues butt plate. The correct grip cap is the one Galazan shows in his catalog PG020.

OP Offline

Thanks Rick, I have 13 7/8" on the wood, I had considered a repo (or Original) butt plate.. MDC

Sidelock
Sidelock

The roll-stamped dog and name with the zig-zag border on the frame is what was shown in the catalogues prior to mid-1915 as the No. 1 1/2. However, the No. 1 1/2 was, in that time period, their lowest grade gun with Damascus barrels. The first place one got Krupp barrels was on the No. 2 Krupp Pigeon. This is another example of Ithaca doing what the customer wanted, even on these lowest grade guns. Perhaps because this gun didn't fit any catalogued grade it wasn't stamped with a number?!?

Sidelock
Sidelock

With 13 7/8" on the wood I would opt for the butt plate. If you decide on the pad I would recommend not cutting the wood which would hurt its value a bit on a resale. You might find a used butt plate on ebay that would work but repro's are available and are easier to fit. 1915 was kind of a transition period so either the early Flues or the later Flues butt plate would be appropriate.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.