May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Bill Davis, Purpleshells), 333 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,810
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for posting Drew

Sidelock
Sidelock

A Hollenbeck, 3 barrel gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great story on that S guard bowie, Stan. Sure, if you could, put up a picture or two of the coffin handle bowie. Thankful for good friends.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm thankful for Presidential term limits...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm thankful to be a Honorably Discharged Vet. who served his Country, back in an era when Vets were spit on and called "Baby Killers", and to be a Christian in a Free Country, where non-Christians )Camel Humpers and Ragheads( may try to destroy our Nation, that they call the "Great Satan"-but will never succeed in their evil and nefarious schemes- in spite of our first Muslim POTUS, who has pissed away his first 6.5 years, due to lack of the military service all our great Presidents (Washington, Teddy Roosevelt and Ike had--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm grateful to be here. I'm thankful for a lot.
Most of all, I'm thankful for my dad. We buried his body last Saturday. He was 85 and went like he lived, as much on his own terms as possible. He and I only hunted together a couple seasons, when I was still in high school. But he made sure I knew how to be safe and then let me to find my own way.
I miss him.
As I was sitting next to him in the hospice, just holding his hand and occasionally speaking to him in his mother tongue of German - though born and raised here he didn't speak English regularly until he started school - I came to the conclusion that "honor your father and mother" is most fully fulfilled by living your life as best you can, whatever that life might be.
I'm grateful for that insight, too.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

You are in our thoughts Dave, as you adjust to your loss. I'm glad your Dad passed peacefully. Mine did not.

May God bless and comfort you.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

2 weeks ago I gave the message at my skeet shooting buddy Byron's funeral; possibly the first time the Ward had a Baptist preacher participating. But the Bishop and State Director both told his wife it would be OK. Byron served in both theaters in WW2.
Here on the day of his 96th birthday at Ben Avery

After the service a member of the Ward thanked me and said "It's not as hard as doing your parent's funeral."

Next week I will be doing my mother's funeral in KC. When I shared this won't be easy, my cousin commented "This is your gift to her." I'm thankful for the opportunity, and for having a family, despite the dysfunction of EVERY family, that loved and encouraged me, even if they never quite understood my joy in bird dogs, bird hunting and shooting smile My father is teetering at 91, but his father lived to 107 so hopefully no more funerals for a bit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, absolutely the right conclusion. All my parents wanted for me was to be well and happy. I try to honour them by being so.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew, so sorry to hear about your mother's passing.

Dave, also to you for your father's passing.

Last edited by JDW; 11/28/15 09:57 PM.

David

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.