April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Karl Graebner, Marks_21, Kolar Dickson, FlyChamps, 2 invisible), 765 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,147
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Umm, Uhh, why yes,
In fact, these boots are a family heirloom.
They've been handed down from father to first born son for the last 6 generations. wink

Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

I've been wearing Cabela's Full Draw uninsulated boots in warm season hunts for about 5 years.

VERY SATISFIED.

It all comes down to if the food bed fits your foot, and your personal walking mechanics.

I don't like to see older guys wearing heavy boots, as they always complain about their hips aching. If you don't wear boots every day, they can be very heavy.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last time I hunted desert quail it was in terrain that looked exactly like that, just outside Tucson. I wore a well broken in pair of Selous boots. They worked fine for me. Same boots I work in. I have worn out two pair, but it has taken many years to do so.

I like Bean's Maine boot, too, but mostly for places where you may be in and out of wet.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Russell Boots, various styles.
The leather wraps completely around the foot in one piece for a slipper like comfort. since you are in the desert, a single vamp will be sufficient with a lightweight Vibram sole.
I have a pair of 'Birdshooter's with double vamp and pullons for bird hunting. Just great.
I also have a pair of PH Safari in full elephant.
Custom made to your feet, still made in Wisconsin in a small factory using 20th Century techniques by real people you can actually visit and talk to.
Many big companies have tried to purchase Russell but Ralph just won't sell.
All they would do is close the factory and move the production off0shore ruining a great brand and tradition.
I llive close enough to go to the factory for fit.
It's a real treat!-Richard

Last edited by Dick_dup1; 11/22/15 08:14 AM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So far I'm liking these.
Red wing dealer in my neighborhood will bring in any boot I want to try, no obligation.
Irish Setter Men's 801 Havoc WP 9" Upland Boot

Has anyone walked a mile in the other guy's zippered boot?
Irish Setter Men's 802 Havoc WP 10" Upland Boot

Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

Moc toe boots rub right through at the seam in just a couple weeks walking in the grass. Kangaroo is probably the worst.

Lace up boots have more flexibility in fit.

I felt that Goodyear welt, vibram soled, boots were too stiff in the desert. Another matter hunting on volcano hillsides.

Out there doing it best I can.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

mine are "wood and stream".and they were true to size , these were good right from the start.i have had terrible experiences with other boots.i bought two pairs of these.i think this brand is a little wide ,that worked well for me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dick_dup1
Russell Boots, various styles.
The leather wraps completely around the foot in one piece for a slipper like comfort. since you are in the desert, a single vamp will be sufficient with a lightweight Vibram sole.
I have a pair of 'Birdshooter's with double vamp and pullons for bird hunting. Just great.
I also have a pair of PH Safari in full elephant.
Custom made to your feet, still made in Wisconsin in a small factory using 20th Century techniques by real people you can actually visit and talk to.
Many big companies have tried to purchase Russell but Ralph just won't sell.
All they would do is close the factory and move the production off0shore ruining a great brand and tradition.
I llive close enough to go to the factory for fit.
It's a real treat!-Richard Would that Ralph be Ralph Fabricius (sic)? I've had my pair of W.C. Russell Imperials for 25 years-along with a 20 year [pair of Gokey's- Any man who served in the Infantry will never scrimp on the fit and quality of his hunting footwear-and Russell boots are like an Armani suit-that great. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

i had a bad experience with iris setter boots hunting chucker in the California desert.i walked right out of one of the seams. i don't have a lot of miles on the kanaroo boots but they seem to be holding up,and they are lite and comfortable.your mileage may vary.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wore a pair of LLBean rubber bottoms on a quail hunting trip to Tamaulipas State in Northern Mexico once. Never, ever kick a cactus out of the way with a rubber bottomed hunting boot!...Geo

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.