Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemens:

I am getting the distinct impression that this concern is not everyone's favorite purveyor of fine firearms. <g>

Thank you all for your responses. In this case I probably would not mind the item being somewhat less than described. I have been looking for a Farquaharson action for a while. They have listed a messed with rifle which has, as its sole redeeming virtue, exactly the action type I desire.

Besides the possibility of optimistic descriptions, I can see some of the potential pitfalls of absentee bidding. It would not surprise me to learn that absentee winners tend to win at the very top of their bid limit.

I had hoped they would have a bit more warm and fuzzy reputation. I will give it some thought and see what can be worked out.

OWD, does your man bid as well?

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think so. You would have to ask him.

This is him:

http://www.britannia-sports.com/

Good luck.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Glenn,

Not to steal your thread. Just a simple question. Did any one ever make a rimfire based on the Farquharson? I know about the "kits" that were around, but have heard some negative comments regarding them.

Pete

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Pete:

I am a lot more familiar with American single shots than English, but I don't know of any Farquaharsons chambered originally for rimfires. The patent drawings clearly show a centerfire design. There were rook rifles made on the design but were typically "smallbore" chamberings like the .300 Sherwood. Mayhaps someone more knowledgeable can enlighten us.

A little rook rifle chambered for .22rf would be a dandy though...

I don't know about any of the Farquaharson kits first hand, but I am supposed to find out soon. The other casting sets I have worked with in the past are not for the faint of heart. Lots of hours involved.

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is an action casting kit sold by Len Bull of a Westley Richards 1897 action......bunches of work I'll tell you. But you can build a nice gun on them. I have had one near completion for some time.....I need to finish that, among other things. ]
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.