May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (SKB, Argo44, Jusanothajoe), 421 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,421
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
ed good #419036 09/16/15 12:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Every once in a while, when I get drawn into a conversation like this, I revert to the idea that the West, read America, should just carpet bomb the Middle East with nukes. Sorry Israel but it needs to be done.

Islam is an expansionist faith, unhappy until all have been conquered and pulled back to the 9th century. After 14 centuries they have been unable to effectively reform as the world moved forward. They have only expanded, century after century, dragging their conquered lands back to the middle ages.

Yes there would be collateral damage but there is in any war. And this is a war Islam has been waging against all for a very long time. Christian, Hindu and Atheists alike.....we're all targets.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
craigd #419037 09/16/15 12:03 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You have that right. Canada mowed the lawn and told the US if it wanted to set the roof on fire and destabilize the region go ahead with an invasion of Iraq under its newly declared Bush Doctrine: the world is either for us or against us, the US has the right to arbitrarily invade any country and change its institutions if the US says they're inimical to its national interests. That's why Canada did not buttle to Bush. It wouldn't bite on Vietnam for the same reason.

ed good #419039 09/16/15 12:07 PM
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, you cant be serious about the canadians on d day.the Americans had the toughest ares to conquer.i was in normandy two years ago and i couldnt believe how far the distance that had to be covered by american troops at omaha beach and how many bunkers there were on the german side.historian have said the gold and juno beaches by far had the easiest time. not that any thing was easy about d-day.isis has to be destroyed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That would be a slam-dunk for sure but wouldn't change anything in the region. It didn't work in Vietnam with the greatest panoply of military power the world had ever seen. Public opinion wouldn't have it. Israel won't have it, and if it thought we were thinking that way it would do something to bring us back to our senses. ISIS is manageable.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
All war is bad, in that we can't find better ways to ameliorate different interests without killing....ISIS is manageable.

I snipped out the direct contradiction, but is the great satan crier, our 'helper', helping with brotherly love. Is the roof burning, or does it only flare up conveniently as a means to some end. By the way, what is the end. Isis trims their murder, misogyny, terror and colonialization by, say 50%, for a place on the world stage? Partnership in the future, verifiable friendship, cut greenhouse gasses, maybe the lecture circuit on college campus's.

mc #419049 09/16/15 01:10 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

mc, I'm serious that Canadian regiments learned from Dieppe. I wrote a book on one of them, the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry, which made deepest penetration in Dieppe, and never failed to take its objectives to the end of the war.

American difficulties on the beaches were as much with navigation and logistics as strength of enemy and terrain. Compare US beach casualties to ours. Our leading regiments were our own North Nova Scotia Highlanders and The North Shore Regiment of neighbouring province New Brunswick. Recommend books by a great American military historian Rick Atkinson: Guns at Last Light and The Day of Battle. He's right up there with British military historian Antony Beevor.

Arguably the most distinguished military historian today, Beevor in D-Day, The Battle for Normandy (Viking): "The Canadians were determined to take revenge for the Dieppe raid, the disastrous experiment from which fewer than half their men had returned. Dieppe had provided a cruel but vital lesson for the planning of D-Day: never attack a heavily defended port from the sea. . .The strength of the Canadians lay in the quality of their junior officers, many of whom were eagerly borrowed by a British Army short of manpower."

I have two highly decorated friends who tried to relieve the green Americans at Kasserine Pass in North Africa, were in D-Day as tank commander and forward observation officer, and my closest friend, now 99, was all through it from Sicily, Italy, Northwest Europe with his three brothers.

I'm currently writing a biography on a Canadian citizen-soldier who was instrumental in Canada's breakthrough of Italy's Gothic Line, considered Canada's greatest military achievement since Vimy Ridge in WW 1. That's why I don't take Ken's crack at our military prowess lightly!

keith #419050 09/16/15 01:16 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

King Brown shows his typical Libtard stupidity when he keeps saying that ISIS is manageable.

Merely managing ISIS with extremely limited air and drone strikes insures a perpetual conflict and a perpetual string of terrorist attacks on civilian and military targets around the world.

King Brown's inane solution for controlling Islamic terrorism is much like his notion of playing footsie with anti-gunners and then wondering why we gain ground only to lose it again later.

Boosterism sticks in my craw,too. There's more of the American brand here. Once or twice is acceptable but a regular diet deserves a balancing, another perspective of history of the times. If you're going to brag, get it right.

You want to know what sticks in my craw? When filthy liars with latent homosexual tendencies like King Brown preach civility and accuse others of vulgarity, but resort to vulgar dishonest tactics like this when they have nothing of substance to fall back on:

His comedic projection of swords and snakes as tough masculinity comes off as homophobic and distinctly phallic!

King Brown is a sleazy liar who tried to tar me with his own disturbing homosexual and phallic fascination. He still has not provided any proof to back up his lie. He thinks he can just dance away from it and ignore it and it will be forgotten. But our Nova Scotian Closet Queen has revealed his affinity for all things gay many times with his support of Obama lighting the White House in rainbow colors, and repeatedly crowing about Pope Francis' "Who am I to judge?" statement pertaining to gays.

Is this King's book on the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry? Did he write it or is he once again taking credit for work his Daddy did? And what about the other author, Brereton Greenhous ? Semper Paratus--- Always Ready... to tell another lie!

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch.detail...gULumanLPI3yGHQ

What a fraud. What a shameless pompous self-centered bloviating ass!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

craigd #419051 09/16/15 01:42 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

No one knows the end, Craig. Our economists can't get it right ever. We do know that things change on a dime these days. Who would have thought a black would be elected twice as president of the most influential and powerful nation on earth?

What's the last time you saw a spittoon? It's now a disgrace to spit on the streets. Iran is bombing Isis. Our NATO ally Turkey is bombing Kurds being taught by our troops to mark targets for our jets. It takes time to sort all this out. Who are enemies and friends?

Obama says at least 20 years. I think of Isis as one of those disease scourges that scared the world that pop up from time to time and are pushed back by technology and money. With more of both, the West won the Cold War. Where's Isis with traumatized peoples and oil at $20 a barrel?

ed good #419052 09/16/15 01:49 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

King Brown shows his typical Libtard stupidity when he keeps saying that ISIS is manageable.

Merely managing ISIS with extremely limited air and drone strikes insures a perpetual conflict and a perpetual string of terrorist attacks on civilian and military targets around the world.

King Brown's inane solution for controlling Islamic terrorism is much like his notion of playing footsie with anti-gunners and then wondering why we gain ground only to lose it again later.

Boosterism sticks in my craw,too. There's more of the American brand here. Once or twice is acceptable but a regular diet deserves a balancing, another perspective of history of the times. If you're going to brag, get it right.

You want to know what sticks in my craw? When filthy liars with latent homosexual tendencies like King Brown preach civility and accuse others of vulgarity, but resort to vulgar dishonest tactics like this when they have nothing of substance to fall back on:

His comedic projection of swords and snakes as tough masculinity comes off as homophobic and distinctly phallic!

King Brown is a sleazy liar who tried to tar me with his own disturbing homosexual and phallic fascination. He still has not provided any proof to back up his lie. He thinks he can just dance away from it and ignore it and it will be forgotten. But our Nova Scotian Closet Queen has revealed his affinity for all things gay many times with his support of Obama lighting the White House in rainbow colors, and repeatedly crowing about Pope Francis' "Who am I to judge?" statement pertaining to gays.

Is this King's book on the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry?

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch.detail...gULumanLPI3yGHQ

Did he write it or is he once again taking credit for work his Daddy did? And what about the other author Brereton Greenhous? Semper Paratus--- Always Ready... to tell another lie!

What a fraud. What a shameless pompous self-centered bloviating ass!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Where's Isis with traumatized peoples and oil at $20 a barrel?

Isis is managing themselves thank you, proactive sorts they are.

Aside from that, they have cover from the west, pc glorification as freedom fighters and or intentional ignoring. A little blip eh. Why's europe in chaos, and North America importing 'jobs-n-educational prowess'. Who needs to waste a bleeding heart on a pop up, when there's domestic engineering to had for the taking. Why not hand out korans, paperback condensed edition, and turn 'em back around to ride it out. It's just a tiny kidney stone, that'll pass too, eh.

Me? I saw a spittoon just yesterday, I'm sure you saw it too. I believe some folks would call him a Republican candidate. Others, well let's just agree that there's no disgrace in spitting on some streets. Hmmm, eh, hmmm, I made my eyebrow go up and down.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.