May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hoot4570), 490 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,524
Posts545,824
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 59 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....There's nothing vague about his social and overseas actions changing the world's perception of the US from pariah to positive force in the world.

My response was intended to show hope and change weren't empty words---hope being the expectation of something better. America's reputation and influence is seen more positively by the world as a result of his stewardship....

How, in rough terms, are you able to assess these perceptions?

Wouldn't an objective look at international affairs say that the russians and chinese are the main characters who've upped their reputation and influence in the world? There are are smaller players who have emerged from literally nowhere to assert influence and their own brand of reputation such as the iranians and isis.

Who, anywhere in the world, sees the US as a more 'positive force' due to the policy and influence of bo. Does just having an anti war mantra from reliable followers, automatically mean foreign policy success? Has bo's antiwar successes lead to international improvements in womens rights, climate change, maybe unionization?

We're not stuck on empty, are we?

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

King King King.pariah? give me a break,for not getting involved in ww2 "we were slow to enter and had to be bombed"then we supply the allied forces,beat the japenese,and the nazis so the world wouldn't be a steaming pile of poop.stop the invasions of south korea.keep troops there to stop another incursion from the north.30,000 canadians thought vietnam was worth fighting for.eliminating the soviet experimentand we have been doing our best to try and keep the world safe.im very tired had a terrible week but you get my drift and know exactly what i'm saying

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess we will have to refer to King's alternate reality as the Kingiverse as it bears no resemblence to anything happening in the real world.

The worldview of the US has changed for sure, but it has not been for the better. We have by and large become a powerless laughingstock, having deserted our only true ally in the middle east, sacrificing them so that Obama and Kerry can have a legacy. The so-called deal with Iran is a joke and Iran is laughing the hardest. By abandoning Iraq we have allowed ISIS to rise unthreatened (remember JV team?). Putin has stuck his thumb in our eye, making incursions wherever he chooses, overflying our territory at will. The red line in Syria another joke our bacon "saved" by Putin in that case. Kerry is another bad joke, using Sweet Baby James to assuage the French's feelings when the Charlie Hebdo massacre was ignored and it goes on and on.

I am proud to be an American, but I certainly am not proud of our current status in the world and only hope it has not been too far debased to be salvaged.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Understand your point of view perfectly, mc. The US is keeping the world safe, no doubt about it, and it will remain the first line of democracy's defence into the foreseeable future.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Lyin' King Brown just thinks he can make it up as he goes along. He obviously believes that if you repeat a lie enough times, it will become accepted as truth. Then there is his wishful thinking on the legacy of his precious anti-gun Magic Negro, Barack Obama. He still thinks Obama is a success and will be remembered as being in the top third of all U.S. Presidents. That would imply that there were at least 32 that did a worse job. J C Hannum barely scratched the surface of Obama's failures or situations that are worse now than before Obama took office. You have to be a very committed liar to maintain that the U.S. is respected more by foreign countries. Most of Obama's "Lines in the sand" have ended with petty dictators and terrorists kicking sand in his face.

After King Liar told us how his anti-gun hero Obama kept his legislative gun in his holster:

It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

I corrected him and reminded him of the gun control measures proposed by Obama after Newtown, and his vow to revisit the issue until he got his way. I reminded King Liar of his many Executive orders advancing gun control regulations. But King Liar says this:

The Second is what originalists and others want it to be, the former seeing any variances as infringements. So it goes and ever will be. It is not inviolable and inalienable as some members want all of us to believe.

Americans love their guns. I said during the weeping and wailing of an anticipated Obama onslaught that any changes on his watch would be cosmetic. Gun rights are a minefield where any politician moves at her peril. The president's last 21 Executive Orders on gun control hardly got a mention here---if one, at all.

King Brown lied when he claimed Obama has "kept his legislative gun in the holster." I provided much proof that he has not, from his speeches and exploitation of other shootings since Newtown to numerous Executive Orders implementing new gun controls. Everyone here knows he has not "kept his legislative gun in its' holster". And everyone knows King supports anti-gunners. But still he denies his own words. And he makes the dishonest claim that no one even mentioned Obama's anti-gun Executive Orders.

What a filthy fraud.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Another lie King Brown is trying to dance away from is this dishonest comment he made about me during one of his many attempts to discredit me:

His comedic projection of swords and snakes as tough masculinity comes off as homophobic and distinctly phallic!

I've asked King Brown several times to give us some proof of this lie. I spoke of the foolishness of taking your foot off the neck of a lying snake, but fail to see any phallic symbolism there. And I would like to know where I made any "tough masculine projections of swords".

C'mon King. Put up or shut up. You made the claim... now back it up. Or explain to us why you tried to tar me with your homosexual brush. Is this more of your Psychological Projection? Why are you fantasizing about phalluses? When someone mentions a snake, why does your mind go to Trouser Snakes or Pants Pythons?
Where did I ever even mention a sword? And why does the thought of a sword send your mind to thinking about penises?

This all sounds like some repressed homosexuality to me. Are you on the verge of finally coming out of the closet? Is this why you got so excited over seeing your gay Obama light up the White House in rainbow lights? Is this why you were so taken by Pope Francis' "Who am I to judge?" statement about queers? You've only repeated that here about 50 times. What vested interest do you have in those particular words?

Should we be calling you Kloset Kween Brown?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have faith in the people, Jim. I've lived eight years with your feeling about governance. I have to suck it up and say to myself Canada is a great country that won't permit bad things to happen to it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Canada is a great country that won't permit bad things to happen to it."

which suggests the united states is too big and too diverse...

we would do better as six regional countries instead of one?

- united states of the northeast

- confederate states of the southeast

- united states of the midwest

- confederate states of the southwest, including hiwahyee

- united states of the northwest, including alasker

- and then there is the republic of texas...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Size has nothing to do with it, Ed. It's a collective will to do the right thing, as the US and Canada generally does. There's no spirit deficiency in our countries only an impatience after eight to 10 years of anyone sitting in the big chair.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....The US is keeping the world safe, no doubt about it, and it will remain the first line of democracy's defence into the foreseeable future.

Hmmm, even PM Harper said a week or two back that having a refugee policy does not address the isis problem. The nerve of that guy, didn't bo just come out with the US' 'refugee policy'. What's wrong with a feel good refugee policy, a big rich nation should have a quota, eh.

How come the un says that refugees in middle east countries are 49.5% male, 50.5% female with the majority of those being girls under the age of twelve.

The same un report says that 'refugees' from the same conflict heading west into europe and US are 15% children, just 13% women and 72% male. The majority being young adult males.

Hungary shut their doors just a bit ago declaring a state of emergency. The US has shown some leadership with world safety front and center, eh. Feel good aid, or setting up forward operating jihadi attack bases hiding in plain sight as 'refugee camps'. Hungary is lucky, they have 'camps', they're gonna be 'integrated' in to US neighborhoods, eh. Can we interest our friends to the north in some 'student' visas for a brigade or two of our progressive new immigrants?

Page 49 of 59 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.