April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (AZMike, PALUNC, David Williamson, MattH, 1 invisible), 1,050 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's true anytime someone goes to make a purchase. Buyer beware.

I have no personal experience with mikeej99 except that I long ago decided I could not make an informed decision based on the photos and information in his ads. I saw many guns over the years that attracted my attention but none with photos that gave me enough information to pursue it more.

I could care less about his asking prices or how many times he relists. He seems to be happy doing business that way, more power to him....I just expect few of his customer base will be regular readers of this forum.

The best defense for bad pricing, bad photos and misleading ads is to be informed. That's why I come here. To be informed.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

mikee an i have done some deals...a gentleman to do business with...

perhaps some here should consider that not everyone qualifies as a potential customer...

oh, and the salvation army is one of my favorite charities...

Last edited by ed good; 09/03/15 07:56 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
I still wish Gunbroker charged him a fee every time a gun was listed that did not sell because of a high reserve or starting bid. I wish the fee was even higher when the reserve or starting bid was so high that the gun is relisted over and over without attracting a single bid.

I'm kinda curious as to why you care? Seems to me we should be able to do what we want provided no one else suffers from coercion as a result. And Mike is not forcing you to do anything.

I don't really understand the tendency to tell...no, want to regulate how others run their businesses....either Gunbroker or Mike.

I don't mean to single you out Keith, it was just an easy quote to illustrate my point. If you don't like what he has to offer, move on down the aisle.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

back: ditto

Sidelock
Sidelock

Canvasback, Gunbroket obviously runs their site as they wish. So did Gun List, and most subscribers jumped ship or, as you say, moved on.

I enjoy perusing the wares on Gunbroker, and have bought more than a few with satisfactory results. But I don't relish the time I waste wading through a multitude of overprice reserves and inaccurately described guns. You have similar things even at gun shows... with sellers putting a 95% condition price on a beater gun. At least there I get the satisfaction of pissing them off by telling them what I think.

If there were a lot more sellers like mikeej99 on Gunbroker, it would soon go the way of Gun List... a complete waste of time. I think my ideas for listing fees would make it better. You are free to disagree. There will always be gun sellers who misrepresent condition and value. I just want to know if these people who think mikeej99 is a stand-up guy would feel the same about me or you if we advertised a 50% fading case colored gun as "Minty"? Or will I be called a shyster like Ed Good for describing a torch colored gun as a probable Del Grego restoration?

I know you have a lead foot James. You don't let any grass grow under your tires. If mikeej99 was hogging the passing lane and driving under the speed limit, would it bother you? Would you like to take drivers like that off the road or charge them a higher toll for slowing everyone else down? Now do you see?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Or will I be called a shyster like Ed Good for describing a torch colored gun as a probable Del Grego restoration?"

a shyster, no...a mean, uncouth lout who continually expresses false claims and accusations on this fine forum...certainly.

Last edited by ed good; 09/04/15 04:19 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

and as for gunbroker and their policies...i have been a buyer and seller on gunbroker since 2001...i currently have over 1500 feedbacks on that fine web site.

gunbroker is not a perfect place to do gun business...but, it certainly is in the top five internet based marketing outlets for firearms and related accessories.

some here who appear to be buyers only are quick to criticize gunbroker, those who sell there and their policies...perhaps one should experience what it is like to be a long time seller on gunbroker before one is so critical.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a Gunbroker seller called ed1 who had a torch colored Parker and said it was a probable Del Grego restoration. This is the same ed1 who has listed guns with the breech not quite closed so that the top lever appears right of center. This same ed1 has listed many torch colored guns and described their psychedelic burned bull's-eyes as being proper factory colors. This same ed1 tried to list some guns in the for sale section here, but had the listings pulled when he couldn't give Dave Weber a straight and satisfactory answer about whether he was a dealer and what his return policy was.

Leave it to Ed Good to stick up and defend innacurate descriptions by gun dealers. And leave it to Ed to be critical of those of us who notice and point it out. Gun dealer Ed Good has also started another thread in Misfires questioning if we shouldn't have less guns in the U.S.

I don't care for the multi-year relistings of guns by some sellers on Gunbroker, but at least those guys are not anti-gun trolls like Ed Good.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"a shyster, no...a mean, uncouth lout who continually expresses false claims and accusations on this fine forum...certainly."

add boorish...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some year's ago I bought a remington 1889 grade 3 16ga from mikeej99. It had 4 wooden plugs from one side of the grip to the other and 3 or 4 screws in the grip area. Two screws were hidden under the trigger guard one of them was 3 inches long. I was not told about this repair and it was not in the pictures. The other pictures were very dark. He did refund my money,one month later.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.