April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (j7l2, FlyChamps, cpa, Gunning Bird, Ted Schefelbein), 449 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,148
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Spoke with Mr. Jensen a couple of times concerning some of his guns and was impressed with his knowledge and up front answers. I pretty well know a con artist and shyster when I see one and Mike is neither. A real gentleman.
Having said that, I have not purchased any guns from him because I always seem to fall for one of Professor Joe Wood's cast offs that he has fallen out of love with. Sniffing around in Joe's Troll House always costs me money....so far I'm out $6.72 just in the cheap cigars I give him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I still wish Gunbroker charged him a fee every time a gun was listed that did not sell because of a high reserve or starting bid. I wish the fee was even higher when the reserve or starting bid was so high that the gun is relisted over and over without attracting a single bid. I agree with what has been said about the "Dick and Craig Show" which ruined Gunlist.

Is Gunlist which later became Gun Digest the Magazine still in business? I have not even seen one on a news stand for a long time. I hope the publisher got a lot in ad revenue from Dick and Craig, because it certainly cost him a lot of his circulation and subscribers. I'd like to have the money they spent on mailings just to try to get former subscribers to come back.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike Jensen,

I don't know you, have never reached out to you. But like everyone else, I have seen your listings on GB, as you have terriffic inventory.

Your response is that of a good guy. But here's my problem, and why I have never even asked a question of you...YOUR PICTURES.

If you're an honest, fair dealing capitalist -- and I always give someone the benefit of the doubt in the first place, especially if they are willing to stand up to scrutiny, as you've shown in posting here -- then WHY do your listings feature pictures which are so painfully "arty?"

The lighting is typically horror movie dim, and sometimes it seems like you've used a colored shade to bath the gun in a specific hue.

When I see pics like that it's really difficult presume the gun is being honestly represented. And like other guys on this terrific forum, while I may not be an expert's expert, I still rely upon my own eyes first and foremost when assessing a gun.

So if you ARE a solid guy (and I have no evidence to the contrary)...then would love to see you start posting your listing pics "in broad daylight."

As I said, you have fantastic inventory. And in terms of pricing I feel anyone can ask whatever one likes. And I HAVE noted you typically state "make me an offer." But being open to a deal comes after the exchange of information. And first and always, MOST of what I need to know about a gun I should satisfy with my eyes. And this is where, to date, you've not attracted my interest.

I hope you take this more as 'constructive' than 'critical.'

- Nudge

Sidelock
Sidelock

ho hum...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Mike,
Why is this ad marked with "Let the grade debate begin"?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=504804317

There is no debate needed. The gun is a P18 grade Darne, built between the wars. In the age of the world wide web, it wouldn't take much to figure out what you are selling.
Lots of dealers will give you the "I don't know what grade it is" BS, but, the thing I always notice is they have no problem advertising it as the highest grade they ever heard of, usually calling something that isn't a V, a V.
And trying to get the highest price they ever witnessed on a V.

There is a huge problem with a Darne that is cracked through the wrist. While the crack may look "tight" it soon won't be if the gun is used. That is because there is a wood screw that holds the wood to the action, and it won't be tight if the wood is cracked. Trying to tighten it will make the crack spread. Leaving it loose and shooting it will also make the crack spread. Sometimes it can be glued, but, I know of a lot more failures than success stories in that endeavor. A gun built by the Bruchets, after they took over, has that little design flaw fixed, with a conventional through bolt, a 10mm hex head bolt is under the buttplate.
Wood problems on a Darne are a deal breaker. To me, anyway.
If you are interested in hearing what is wrong with the Tobin, the one with the lever way left of center, let me know. Some guys would believe that it is just off face, and it might be, but, it is usually way worse than that.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tough neighborhood for a gun dealer!...Geo

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Tough neighborhood for a gun dealer!...Geo

Sometimes the truth hurts. But, it is still the truth.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had the "pictures" discussion with this fellow, probably two years ago. He responded with a curt answer that his pictures were "just fine".. They are not "just fine" and I would not buy a half smoke from him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

everything is perfectly legal......but ethically lacking.....my generation call them shysters....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike does answer questions, and he does take returns.

I am sure you are right onthe Darne, few of us, probably including Mike, has your specific knowledge in Darne

Compared to most gunbroker he has more pics and if flawed they usually tell the story and if not he will take another if you need more data. His descriptions are better than most others.

I can pick any listing apart if I try. Yes his are not prefect, but i remain a satisfied
customer

He mostly deals with the low and worn out end of SxS and i wish i could find some of the odd dogs he turns up at the price he likely paid.

Last edited by old colonel; 09/01/15 06:09 PM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.