April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Birdog, WBLDon, Fudd, Jtplumb, Marks_21), 472 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,472
Posts545,155
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I shop mostly on GunBroker. I like the auction format and I have made direct offers after an auction on guns I like.

One thing I have noticed is the quality of Items Mike Jensen (Mikeej99) has for sale. He somehow seems to zero in on the guns that interest me. His asking prices are steep.

I wanted (still do) a Wilkes Barre to finish up my American classics. He had one on Gunbroker for years. I bid on it and contacted Mike directly to make an offer. We could not come to an agreement but his responses were courteous. I'd have been happy to deal with him...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dealt with Mike on a sxs recently. We came to an agreement on a shipped price. The gun was listed as 30" and when they arrived they had shrunk to 28". Mike was apologetic and refunded the full purchase price and shipping one way.

I'd give it another shot if Mike had something I was interested in.

For what its worth,
Bill
Ithaca1

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, welcome to the BBS Mike. You have a lot of knowledge and integrity. Please visit often and participate in our discussions.

Hope you ave a great bird season!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I just wish sites like Gunbroker would charge an ever increasing fee every time a gun is re-listed without selling because of an unrealistic reserve or opening bid. Then they could make some money to operate the website from the sucker fishermen, and at the same time, they could reduce their fees for sellers who actually are there to sell guns. That would most likely attract more serious sellers and drive off the ones who waste our time by relisting the same guns for years on end without garnering a single bid.

In all fairness, I have noted that Mikeej99 does state he will entertain offers. But I have often wondered how this might jeopardize me under Gunbroker policy for off-auction dealing. Does Gunbroker get their cut when a side deal is negotiated? Or does a gun just quietly disappear from the listings?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have brought and traded several guns with Mike and always found him a good egg.

I admit i do not always agree with his write-ups, but that said in talking to him he has never mislead me and has stood by his stuff

And yes he is a collector too and the guns he does not sell are fabulous

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

My first dealings with Mike were through email, I was collecting serial numbers for L.C. Smith Syracuse hammer and hammerless guns. Mike sent me all serial numbers and information about the guns he had and guns he had owned previously.

As he stated make an offer.

Besides being honest he is a great humanitarian in times of need worldwide.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Does Gunbroker get their cut when a side deal is negotiated? Or does a gun just quietly disappear from the listings?"

It could go both ways. If the seller wishes to accept your offer then you buy it at the price listed but only pay the price negotiated. Gun Broker will still get their percentage.
Naturally the other way they get nothing.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

How do you do it?

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi Mike

I'm from Maryland and was in Kansas City ,the engineers office was in Olathe so I spent a couple of hours in the shop looking at the stock.I can say it's well worth the trip and I will be back.Parkers, Parkers, Parkers and everything else that we all collect. just wish you would travel east to the spring or fall southern

Lloyd

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have bought from Mike and He was straight forward and honest.
If you speak with him about the gun he will describe the gun and answer questions honestly. He Knows enough about the guns not to sell one below value. If you don't like the price there are plenty of other guns out there.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.