Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, we're doing great idiot. Chronic hidden high unemployment, wage stagnation due to massive illegal immigration and foolish trade deals, the Middle East is a disaster, We can't beat a little 50-75,000 man army called ISIS, race relations are at a 50 year low, we have a record National debt and massive deficit, over 200 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities, Health Care costs still rising faster than inflation...

Shall I go on idiot? Or are you happy with your anti-gun Obama like your anti-gun pals King and Jagermeister are?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Pretty good thinking, Mike. Only to add, while all this is going on, the Republican Party in disarray for a long time, is killing itself with the country's largest minority group and the fastest-growing minority group, by going along with a sulphurous buccaneer who'll blithely walk away at the end, leaving the GOP in ruins.

Look at King Pinnochio Brown wringing his hands over Trump while he has offered up unwavering support for the inexperienced loser Obama who is leaving the whole nation in ruins.

But King can always and only be counted upon to support and defend Liberal Left Democrat Anti-gunners. He tries to lie to us and say he is pro-gun, but except for owning some guns... if we can believe him... everything he does is that which undermines gun rights in this country. He does nothing to advance gun rights in Canada. It is probably a blessing for Canadian gunner that he does nothing. With his great leadership and his LULLING concessionary advice, they would soon lose what gun rights they still have.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Thanks for giving my question a go Geo.

Craig I gave your question short shrift. I left the answer with the query about the children of foreign diplomats, thinking someone would would take up the answer. Here's a more complete answer regarding the question of birth citizenship which I posted on another forum:

Glad to know that The Donald has said he would not mount a 3rd party campaign. Still, his possible nomination as the republican candidate is problematic in my mind. He has gained a lot of traction on his position on birth citizenship. I think that is an issue for the Courts to unravel and not a reason for any legislative attempt to amend the 14th.

The issue will turn on the qualifier phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof". As worded the 14th Amendment makes all born on American soil citizens by birthright. There were three carve-outs to that right: children of foreign diplomats, enemy soldiers, and American Indians who were still, at the time considered semi-sovereigns and self governing. In 1898 the Supreme Court in US Vs. Wong Kim Ark determined that the jurisdiction phrase meant subject to the laws of the USA. It would appear that since then, both illegal immigrants and American Indians qualify for birth citizenship.

I suppose a new "final" decision on the matter could find illegal aliens not subject to our jurisdiction since we don't know they're here, but they are certainly subject to our laws. JMHO but I don't think it is likely that the courts will change anything or that anything should be changed.

Just close the border and enforce our laws...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 08/30/15 12:31 PM. Reason: added last sentence
Sidelock
Sidelock

Who isn't subject to our laws besides those with diplomatic immunity? There are Constitutional lawyers who are arguing that the Framers intent concerning the word Jurisdiction differed from the current interpretation.

At any rate, Mike is correct that the parent who is illegal should still be subject to the law and deported. The 14th does not grant amnesty to the non-citizen parent. The criminal parent is highly unlikely to leave without the child. Then it becomes a matter of amending the amendment to avoid future abuse and confusion. And the question becomes... will it be ratified by 2/3 of the States, or will the people continue to permit lawbreakers to steal their jobs, rob them of their tax dollars, increase their Health Care costs, create wage stagnation, etc.? Open borders sounds nice on paper, but the true costs are becoming more apparent to more people by the day.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank goodness we have someone paying attention to the threat from the north.....(sarcasm for those not familiar the common literary device)

http://news.yahoo.com/walker-says-wall-canadian-border-worth-reviewing-132533027.html

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Read this too. The author of the Citizenship clause of the 14th Amendment explained what the words said and what they meant:

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morr...itutional-right

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted By: craigd
Thanks for giving my question a go Geo.

Craig I gave your question short shrift....

Geo, you ended up offering a bunch more time than I was figuring you might. I noticed keith put up a link, I don't know what it says yet, but that case you mentioned seems to be the case that sets the precident.

I guess what I was wondering was if the typical anchor baby mom, which makes up about eight percent of all US births, is an integrated productive person residing in the US, or one of the catch alls mentioned later in an opinion and not part of the decision.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
Thank goodness we have someone paying attention to the threat from the north.....(sarcasm for those not familiar the common literary device)

http://news.yahoo.com/walker-says-wall-canadian-border-worth-reviewing-132533027.html

You're an idiOt...

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well I see I was correct in that any exchange with you soon ends up in childish name calling.

Maybe you could articulate for me the case for building a wall on the Canadian border? It is the most asinine idea I have heard in some time in my opinion. Please go ahead and lay out a well reasoned argument for the implementation of such a wall. I'm an open minded guy about this J0e. I dying to hear your well thought out response..........

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.